Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

37 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Holy fuck, that ride looks ASTOUNDING, fuck. The sequels are going to melt everyone's brains. 

Worked it out some time ago...

Sonething like 50mil unique viewings for the best advert ever made.

A storms coming and only we can see it coning

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

15 hours ago, dignam said:

This looks so fucking epic. Imagine avatar 2 with those kind of footage. Holy f**** .

"There’s one big problem with this ride The fact that it has to end"

"i would kill to live in a world like that... even if it was just for a minute"

"this ride made me cry..."

"Waited 210 minutes for the ride and every second was worth waiting for this ride.... it will be forever the greatest of all time..."

T

And avatar haters will be like " nahh there are only handful people out there who give a f*** about avatar or remember it. "

Here is a better quality.

This is some godlike cam footage or the source is just that amazing because normally cam footage looks like complete 💩

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

This is some godlike cam footage or the source is just that amazing because normally cam footage looks like complete 💩

I think its cam footage. And also keep in mind, the source is 3D so the editor had to use some tools to make it look like 2D.

As i read, the source is beyond words, its completely out of the world (literally).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dignam said:

I think its cam footage. And also keep in mind, the source is 3D so the editor had to use some tools to make it look like 2D.

As i read, the source is beyond words, its completely out of the world (literally).

The interactive aspect is also missing, apparently water and wind play a huge part of the immersion. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dignam said:

I'm honestly surprised Disney hasn't made them take it down. Probably because line queues ride average ~2 hours and to be honest they probably did the ride some justice. What I would pay just to go on that ride... *sigh* oh well an even better ride is coming out soon enough™ :artist: (no I'm not talking about Galaxy's Edge :D)

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1

Those cam videos really do not do the ride justice. Not only is the 3D spectacular, and on a huge screen that fills your entire field of view, but the synchronized motion, wind, mist, and smells all work together to create a truly immersive experience. This is the first ride where I actually caught myself forgetting it was a ride and thinking I was actually there. The attention to detail is massive as well, on my second ride of it I noticed the Ikran breathing and shifting under me, and I'm sure there is even more stuff that I missed. Also, the theming is amazing. The line for this ride is better than many actual rides.

In short, it's the best theme park ride I've ever been on and it's not close. Well worth the ridiculous wait times.

Edited by Nerfy
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 3

On 6/15/2019 at 5:52 AM, Pure Spirit said:

Adjusting? You really, really don't want to go down that road, buddy, that was supposed to be reserved for coping Cameron fans. :D 

otrZrtv.png

alSwJ86.png

Yes I do. Cause if we adjust it beats it easily. We all know the economy was the PITS in 2009. The dollar was worthless. Any money it made OS was heavily inflated. End game already beat avatar in admissions 

On 6/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, NCsoft said:

So between "Glorified hallmark movie no one wants to see" and "Dead in a ditch 3D fad", which one do you prefer?

Genuine question, I'm legitimately curious ;)

The first one is about Titanic the second one applies for Avatar. I prefer both ;)

10 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Yes I do. Cause if we adjust it beats it easily. We all know the economy was the PITS in 2009. The dollar was worthless. Any money it made OS was heavily inflated. End game already beat avatar in admissions 

On 6/15/2019 at 5:36 AM, NCsoft said:

Cumulative rate of inflation between '09 and '19 is 19% - what are you smoking? If you adjust for inflation A obliterates EG. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Some people are really delusional :D Endgame is not beating it, end of the conversation. Avatar had advantages, so does Endgame. Let's not forget Endgame opened at 1.2 billion. 

Endgame was like a hurrican. Everyone knew it was coming and will be enormous. Also it released all the destruction power at once.

But avatar was like a tsunami. It started slowly on the ocean, no one saw it coming, and it got stronger slowly, and when it was there it was to late, nobody had a chance.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Some people are really delusional :D Endgame is not beating it, end of the conversation. Avatar had advantages, so does Endgame. Let's not forget Endgame opened at 1.2 billion. 

There sure are a lot of if statements in those EG predictions. 

• Haha 2

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Highly believable - it's actually good though - now when Avatar re-releases and retakes the crown no one can complain. 

I actually hope they do that. Rerelease EG to pass Avatar.

Then in 2021 or whenever it's absolutely confirmed it will come out rerelease avatar 1 to break the record and build hype. It's a smart and cheap way to advertise and energize the fanbase. It's just a nominal figure anyways, Titanic is #1 and Avatar 2 of the modern era for inflation adjusted WW totals.

• Like 1