Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

15 hours ago, HeadShot said:

There is no way in hell Avatar 2 is even coming close to 2 billion lol. And while Cameron got lucky with two movies MCU has over 20+ successful movies in the span of 10 years. That deserves credit as well.

Y'all, save this quote, it'll be useful in two years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Even if it won’t be delayed (it probably will, come on), it won’t be out in two years, but two and a half and if it makes two billies, it will be in year 2022

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Sure, they did in fact do this!  Then after a while, they moved on, either back to their original name/avatar or to another movie themed name/avatar.  That's my point, they move on to other movies.  

Also, I don't remember any of them calling anyone else out for being 'blindly devoted to a brand' while doing that.

It's just incredibly ironic and lacking self-awareness on your part. 

I can forgive dublabs idiotic posts because I truly think he has some kind of inability to understand or even parse basic propositions. You don't seem to have that problem Wong, which makes your own lack of self-awareness (or perhaps meta-awareness and the joy of the game - which I can respect) all the more frustrating. 

I'll happily become the DisneyScholar once Avatar falls - people don't move on when they are admiring a brute fact. 

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

On 6/20/2019 at 2:29 AM, HeadShot said:

Well to bad, cause it is right. Charlie already did a breakdown with exchange rates which proves that EG outgrossed Avatar. Also exchange rates are NEVER accounted for when adjusting for Avatar inflation - if that was the case then the total gross would be much less than 2,7 billion. 

Charlie is about to do admissions breakdown in the upcoming week but he's already stated that EG outdid Avatar which is believable considering that Avatar made most of it's gross due to 3D tickets which are much more expensive. 

Yeah, you are just talking bullshit man. Avatar is the bigger movie, both unaccounted for inflation and especially when accounting for inflation, where Avatar is so far ahead that no amount of exchange rate differences matter. What you are saying is just numbers twisting to get to a result you prefer and its meaningless. 

And yes, adjusted for inflation often DOES account for exchange rates. Infact alot of "adjusted for inflation" lists are often times misleadingly titled. They are less about inflation and more about accounting for all factors that could screw with the monetary numbers. Their purpose is more to get a closer look at "tickets sold" rather than money, especially for older movies were those numbers just aren't available. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Crainy said:

Yeah, you are just talking bullshit man. Avatar is the bigger movie, both unaccounted for inflation and especially when accounting for inflation, where Avatar is so far ahead that no amount of exchange rate differences matter. What you are saying is just numbers twisting to get to a result you prefer and its meaningless. 

And yes, adjusted for inflation often DOES account for exchange rates. Infact alot of "adjusted for inflation" lists are often times misleadingly titled. They are less about inflation and more about accounting for all factors that could screw with the monetary numbers. Their purpose is more to get a closer look at "tickets sold" rather than money, especially for older movies were those numbers just aren't available. 

May aswell just post a flag of China when they talk about admissions anyway.

• Like 1

All this talk about admission would be more interesting if Titanic didn't exist, at best that makes Endgame #2 at one more thing and Cameron is yet again untouched.

Even then, Avatar's run is just unquestionably more impressive. Its crushing Endgame all across Europe, in Russia, Japan Australia... all markets that were already mature. By so much I might had that exchange rates don't matter.

Meanwhile Endgame is mostly doing better in places like the Philippines that had like one theater screen when Avatar released, or China that increased its theater screen count by a factor of 10. By the way are they still selling Endgame tickets for 1$ or something in Mexico?

One more thing about Avatar, the fact it sold at a higher % in premium formats is to the credit of the movie, people wanted to see it in 3d and wanted to see it AGAIN in 3d. They sold you something you couldn't get anywhere but at the cinema. Consequentially, the number of admission is smaller than the average movie relative to its total gross, but it doesn't take away anything from the record.

MCU stans should stick to highest grossing, it's the only thing they have a remote chance of winning

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

All this talk about admission would be more interesting if Titanic didn't exist, at best that makes Endgame #2 at one more thing and Cameron is yet again untouched.

Even then, Avatar's run is just unquestionably more impressive. Its crushing Endgame all across Europe, in Russia, Japan Australia... all markets that were already mature. By so much I might had that exchange rates don't matter.

Meanwhile Endgame is mostly doing better in places like the Philippines that had like one theater screen when Avatar released, or China that increased its theater screen count by a factor of 10. By the way are they still selling Endgame tickets for 1$ or something in Mexico?

One more thing about Avatar, the fact it sold at a higher % in premium formats is to the credit of the movie, people wanted to see it in 3d and wanted to see it AGAIN in 3d. They sold you something you couldn't get anywhere but at the cinema. Consequentially, the number of admission is smaller than the average movie relative to its total gross, but it doesn't take away anything from the record.

MCU stans should stick to highest grossing, it's the only thing they have a remote chance of winning

Yep. And juggernaut 2021 is just around the corner to put Avatar name in the all time domestic and ww charts yet again by 1.5- 3billion plus gap butt whipping.

Disney may own some of Avatar but its really Jc who's winning.

21 hours ago, Alexdube said:

These are all really good points. It didn't even occur to me that when counted by admissions, neither Avatar nor Endgame would be in the first place anyway, even though it's actually quite obvious. 

Edited by Crainy

3 hours ago, Crainy said:

These are all really good points. It didn't even occur to me that when counted by admissions, neither Avatar nor Endgame would be in the first place anyway, even though it's actually quite obvious. 

I assume Titanic might be first in that regard?

1 minute ago, Crainy said:

Gone with the Wind is my bet. I actually think Avatar might have Titanic beat when judged by admissions.

Not a chance. Massive portion of revenue for Avatar was 3d and Titanic come out way earlier.

Titanic is modern era GOAT.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Not a chance. Massive portion of revenue for Avatar was 3d and Titanic come out way earlier.

Titanic is modern era GOAT.

Without having concrete ticket sale numbers, its all just speculation.

• Like 1