Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 5/24/2019 at 8:45 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:
hubris
/ˈhjuːbrɪs/
noun
  1. excessive pride or self-confidence.
    "the self-assured hubris among economists was shaken in the late 1980s"
    synonyms: arrogance, conceit, conceitedness, haughtiness, pride, vanity, self-importance, self-conceit, pomposity, superciliousness, feeling of superiority; More
    • (in Greek tragedy) excessive pride towards or defiance of the gods, leading to nemesis.

ironic alanis morissette GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Doctor Stark said:

My god, this is the Normandy Invasion of the Avatar 2 thread. I love it! About time they got their comeuppance for all of their invasions, locking, and ruining of other threads.

Yeah me too. Also I think we don't need to take these guys seriously be it EG discussion or something else they are butthurt most of the time and probably FAKE..  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Yeah me too. Also I think we don't need to take these guys seriously be it EG discussion or something else they are butthurt most of the time and probably FAKE..  

It is pretty crazy two big blows like this happen to the Jim Gang in one weekend. First Endgame passes Avatar, and then @JamesCameronScholar is exposed as a troll with multiple alternate accounts, calling into question the legitimacy of every Jim Gang member.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 1

JCS is a legend shame he made an alt, i dont think he really needed it.

Whats with all these new poster marveldrone clowns coming in and demanding a witch hunt, you're basically all the same guy anyway

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Moderation:

Settle down with the franchise wars stuff. This is a forum, you guys haven't won any battles or anything so I don't think the victory lap is really needed in here.

Back to talking about Avatar as a movie rather than the people on the forum who are excited for it.

• Like 4
  • Knock It Off 1

40 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

JCS is a legend shame he made an alt, i dont think he really needed it.

Whats with all these new poster marveldrone clowns coming in and demanding a witch hunt, you're basically all the same guy anyway

Hey, we all may be basically the same guy, but JCS and some "members" of the Jim Gang are literally the same guy. There is no witch hunt, the witch was identified before it even started. More like a witch shaming.

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Cameron being gracious as ever.

Which is in clear contrast to that most liked tweet following it, which contains that "I hope they remember you" meme with the bad Photoshop that just won't stop spreading around.

Long live the King of box office!

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Excuse me? If you have legitimate points against the ones we are or were making, you're welcome to raise them, and I'm open to discussion all day, as you've seen probably for the past few months.

But you aren't granted some god given supreme power to delegitimize a group of people like this, for what we admire and what we're passionate about, some of us have been here much longer than you have, Nero. Sorry, you do not get to dictate how an entire group of people is perceived, you don't get to dismiss points that we've made which you don't like just by saying "probably fake".

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

lol i don't know how he can continue posting here even if he doesn't get banned, like how do you not get laughed out of the room with every post now?

Oh he will be back, mark my words. People like him have no shame or self respect

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

this all makes me remember the days of raegr

Raegr at least was fun and as far as I know he did not insult anyone and was not pretentious and condescending. He did not go around trying to prove to people how rich and intelligent and superior he is. 

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

On it. Finding and counting the alts. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1