Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

10 minutes ago, Crainy said:

Wow, those last few pages are an absolute travesty. As soon as Endgame overtook Avatar, people descended upon this thread like a rapid pack of dogs and the immensely disrespectful shitposting just would not stop. No worthwhile discussion to be found anywhere.

About the JCS scholar thing: I dont really care about if he had alt-accounts or not and I dont think its that important. As long as he has interesting thoughts to share and contributed to the discussion in a constructive way, which he definitely did, its fine by me.

Im glad this board has now shown its true colors. When I joined here, I had hoped this would be a place where more measured and fruitful discussion about movies can take place, but now I realize that this board is pretty much the same as any discussion board on the internet. It just seems to be that in openly and easily available discussion board, most of the active members just do not have enough knowledge about movies and art, or basic etiquette for that matter, for wortwhile discussion to take place. So I guess Im leaving here because this board isnt what Im looking for.

He used the alt-accounts to manipulate a countdown list that another member worked very hard on.   So don't talk to us about "true colors"

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Crainy said:

Wow, those last few pages are an absolute travesty. As soon as Endgame overtook Avatar, people descended upon this thread like a rapid pack of dogs and the immensely disrespectful shitposting just would not stop. No worthwhile discussion to be found anywhere.

About the JCS scholar thing: I dont really care about if he had alt-accounts or not and I dont think its that important. As long as he has interesting thoughts to share and contributed to the discussion in a constructive way, which he definitely did, its fine by me.

Im glad this board has now shown its true colors. When I joined here, I had hoped this would be a place where more measured and fruitful discussion about movies can take place, but now I realize that this board is pretty much the same as any discussion board on the internet. It just seems to be that in openly and easily available discussion board, most of the active members just do not have enough knowledge about movies and art, or basic etiquette for that matter, for wortwhile discussion to take place. So I guess Im leaving here because this board isnt what Im looking for.

Maybe you don't know the true colours of JCS? Are you on Telegram maybe you should check out BoT group? He cheated while submitting the top score and and he literally was an narcissistic that he made a fool out of me yesterday. Also these discussion are mostly about JCS not Endgame thing tbh if you bother to look. And I don't get how you guys still praise a guy who literally trolled people playing both good cop and bad cop... 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

He used the alt-accounts to manipulate a countdown list that another member worked very hard on.   So don't talk to us about "true colors"

It's interesting the mentality of these so called Avatar stans. Every one of them is still praising that guy and are calling other clown and what not

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nero said:

It's interesting the mentality of these so called Avatar stans. Every one of them is still praising that guy and are calling other clown and what not

Yeah you'd think if someone showed they don't have any integrity you'd probably want to distance yourself from them.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Crainy said:

It’s not fine when we have voting threads and he used them to vote brigade.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah you'd think if someone showed they don't have any integrity you'd probably want to distance yourself from them.

totally agree.  It's what my post on the previous page was all about.  By continually defending or giving bad reactions to posts, it just comes off as if they aren't real either.  now I am not accusing anyone of being fake, but it makes no sense for certain people to not just move away from the fake people

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Crainy said:

Jesus, someone get this dude an oscar 

20 minutes ago, DAR said:

This.

Also, the fact that he staged a bet between his two accounts to make himself seem honorable, with the side effect of hoping to draw in others to place actual bets with him, is positively ridiculous.

This guy is no saint, and he is definitely not a martyr, lol.  That's how highly he thinks of himself!

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Gone with the Wind: $402.4 M (1939) - a 34 year reign!!!! 

This includes all its re-releases including the most recent Fathom one from a few months ago. It was overtaken by The Sound of Music in 1966.

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/packages/html/movies/bestpictures/music-ar.html

I mean... if someone goes out of their way to create fake accounts, which is against the rules, just for the purposes of propping himself up and vote brigade a countdown list — a list a respected member on the site worked very hard on — just so his fave could win, why would you want people to still give him the benefit of the doubt after that?

I don't understand what gain there is from defending him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Definitely appreciated JCS input in many discussions here. To learn he had two active alt accounts is disappointing to say the least. Not exactly certain how those work, could alt account somehow be another family member using the same IP? Or, is it cut and dry and JCS simply had multiple users conversing amongst themselves to drive talking points?

He tried to game the user polls. Unlikely a family member would support him in this goal.

Also he said he lived in the UK, but his alt supposedly lived in Germany.

Edited by cannastop

38 minutes ago, AndyK said:

As a matter of interest whats the difference between "Suspended Indefinitely" an "Permanently Banned" ?

I think only two people are suspended indefinitely. I think it means that they can ask to be reinstated, but the staff have to make a judgement call.

I'm not a mod or admin though. You can ask them.

Edited by cannastop

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

He even started his own best directors list.  It was never finished, but we can only assume that James Cameron would've won and would have had double the points of the runner-up.

1. James Cameron

2. Jim Cameron

3. Jimmy Cameron

4. The director formally known as James Cameron

5. Jesus Cameron

6. Steven Spielberg....’s fellow director James Cameron

7. Jamie Cameron

8. James Cameron’s invisible friend: James Cameron

9. James Cameron’s reflection in the mirror

10. George Miller 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Nero said:

. And I don't get how you guys still praise a guy who literally trolled people playing both good cop and bad cop... 

35 minutes ago, DAR said:

30 minutes ago, 75Live said:

totally agree.  It's what my post on the previous page was all about.  By continually defending or giving bad reactions to posts, it just comes off as if they aren't real either.  now I am not accusing anyone of being fake, but it makes no sense for certain people to not just move away from the fake people

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

I mean... if someone goes out of their way to create fake accounts, which is against the rules, just for the purposes of propping himself up and vote brigade a countdown list — a list a respected member on the site worked very hard on — just so his fave could win, why would you want people to still give him the benefit of the doubt after that?

I don't understand what gain there is from defending him.

It’s like a hive mind thing I think. Even if some of the accounts are not alts, it’s like they are incapable of saying anything critical of their leader. 

PS: I’m totally game for joining the Borg Collective too if Mr. European Finance guy is handing out monthly cheques 😜

• Like 1