Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

He even started his own best directors list.  It was never finished, but we can only assume that James Cameron would've won and would have had double the points of the runner-up.

yep, just look at the replies, even posters that aren't alts we know of are pretty much hinting they are going to rig the poll. 

oh well, hopefully things will start to calm down a bit now from certain people and we can enjoy stuff again even this thread

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MrGamer said:

1. James Cameron

2. Jim Cameron

3. Jimmy Cameron

4. The director formally known as James Cameron

5. Jesus Cameron

6. Steven Spielberg....’s fellow director James Cameron

7. Jamie Cameron

8. James Cameron’s invisible friend: James Cameron

9. James Cameron’s reflection in the mirror

10. George Miller 

50 points james cameron

20 robert rodriguez

20 tim miller

5 kathryn bigelow

5 steven quale

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not sure 80's/90's Cameron would have career in today s climate.

He would have been outed on Twitter/Twitch.

He hates liberals ( ask Sigourney about it) with a passion and considers any crew member that doesn't t bleed on set like him a lazy motherfucker.

Pre Internet, he had a terrible, terrible reputation.

If he started his career right now he wouldn't last 3 years. 

Too much soya in the public  waters of the Hills now.

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

a lot of people working today and projecting the climate appropriate image have terrible reputation but those working with Cameron knew he wouldn't ruin their careers for exposing his method director antics. Unlike directors that nobody brings up but is known that they are disrespectful, don't operate safe sets, etc. Blind items are full of them. 

Also, he was making hard action movies and Weaver came to him with her "no guns" shit. Don't even bother to defend her stance when it comes to a movie called Aliens that is about blasting carnivorous aliens with all types of guns or they'll eat you alive. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, aabattery said:

Moderation:

Settle down with the franchise wars stuff. This is a forum, you guys haven't won any battles or anything so I don't think the victory lap is really needed in here.

Back to talking about Avatar as a movie rather than the people on the forum who are excited for it.

On 11/25/2011 at 9:50 PM, Jessie said:

These opening weekend predictions are far too low. If this film opens on a Friday it will hit 200mil+ Anyone who says it can't because it's December isn't looking at the big picture. This will be the sequel to the biggest film of all time, how many times has that happened? If the trailers are good people will rush to see this OW. If Alice in wonderland made 115 m OW then i don't see how this can only open to 150 especially with inflation.

@Jessie was predicting Avatar 2 to flop with a disastrous $200m OW. Even back in 2011. Tragic.

• Community Manager
8 hours ago, AndyK said:

As a matter of interest whats the difference between "Suspended Indefinitely" an "Permanently Banned" ?

Suspended indefinitely means we have suspended the user until we have determined how long. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I think Avatar 2 is going to be a pretty good movie. James Cameron has been focused on making the film the best it can be. I'm sure that it can blow people's minds. I'm still not sure how excited I am for it, but I'm definitely more excited for it than I am for other sequels that are similarly far away from release.

Edited by SLAM!

10 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Well, I think Avatar 2 is going to be a pretty good movie. James Cameron has been focused on making the film the best it can be. I'm sure that it can blow people's minds. I'm still not sure how excited I am for it, but I'm definitely more excited for it than I am for other sequels that are similarly far away from release.

So what happened to the other Slambro? Did you guys break up?

• Haha 1