Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

24 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Ubisoft just showed off footage of their Avatar game. Next gen only

The environments look pretty amazing details wise. They still owe us an explanation of what type of game this is, though. Next year, i guess...

EDIT:

Apparently, it is a 1st person open world game.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3

Is it only me to think that, the more unpopular, unknown 3D is now, the more it help Avatar 2? That accumulated novelty and curiosity may hype up again 3D version. The 3D is one of the aspect that people universally agree that avatar was great in. This could be a great asset for Avatar 2

9 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

People come up with the most insane ways to say the first film "didn't have cultural impact". Just saw a bunch of people use the amount of fan-fiction the movie has as evidence of it lmao.

Those people are "inane", obviously clueless to the world around them and our history. Are people more aware of injustice and the environment than they were in 2009? I would say that's a resounding YES unless you've been living completely off the grid for the last 12 years. Avatar did have an impact for some people in terms of how we see the world and the one environment that sustains all of us. 

I think the sequels will dig much deeper and probably touch upon a few issues that will probably upset some people again. They can always move on and watch something else. 

• Thanks 1

The immense cult following of the first film and Cameron need only to be triggered and they will come. Avatar2 and the return of Tobey Maguires Spiderman are one of the few films that will get me into theaters. We need an Avatar Day Part 2.  Where we can all sneak peak 15-20 mins of the breakthroughs Avatar 2 will reap on movie audiences ww .

Hopefully they can get 200 3d and 4dx theaters to make this the omega must see preview event that super charges theaters!!

James is about to return. Hail to the king.

-Kal-El of Bom 2006

On 6/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, WittyUsername said:

The first film had a pretty big cultural impact back in the day, but it seemed to fade away from the pop culture zeitgeist after 2011. The countless delays for the sequels and the return of Star Wars might have played a hand in that. 

Not faded but the fans are there waiting for solid breadcrumbs and they will return big time!!

On 3/19/2021 at 11:09 AM, Deuce66 said:

I guess Jim was having a media relations day this week....here's a long 1 hour interview that deep dives into Avatar and topics that link directly into the movie, unfortunately no reveals about the sequels except for one. 

Ty Duece. I will be watching this later.😎💪

-Kal-El of Bom 2006.

10 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Josh Hartnett turned down $100 million + portions of gross & merchandise for a Superman trilogy back in like 2003. Imagine all that money + interest...