China : $1B

Asia : $1B

Europe : $1B

South America : $300M

Middle East &Africa : $150M

Russia &CIS territories : $150M

Oceania : $100M

Total : $5B /$5000M

China Box office is improving exponentially, not in multiple. So, $2B is also possible there.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

I was crunching some numbers and here’s what I came up for bull, base and bear predictions. All predictions assume zero COVID restrictions anywhere, a full release schedule and ER being roughly the same as today…

BULL

$900M Domestic

$1,000M China

$1,600M OS - China

BASE

$600M Domestic

$700M China

$1,200M OS - China

BEAR

$400M Domestic

$450M China

$900M OS - China

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Rough Breakdown:

DOM : $1.5B

China Box office is improving exponentially, not in multiple. So, $2B is also possible there.

lmao $1,5Bn DOM ?? I think there is less than a 1% chance that this will happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Nah we definitely all aren’t. 

$3.5B is the top end of my bull scenario. My actual prediction is $2B - $2.5B.

Yes I'm agree $3,5Bn is the top end of my scenario too. $3B is my medium range and $2,5Bn would be my "bad" scenario.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

No restriction + 100% occupancy with maximum shows : $1500M. 

Minimum $1000M, topping SW:TFA

I can see scenarios where this comes in around TFA, but it’s not doing 40% more admissions than TFA did domestically (which is what you’d need for $1,500M.

• Like 1

I don't think China will allow a foreign film to become the highest-grossing film in China again. A domestic film has held that title from mid-2017 onwards — nearly 5 years now — and given that the title is now held, at least in dollar gross, by The Battle at Lake Changjin, it seems especially unlikely that they'll want to relinquish the title, given the content of that film.

All that to say: while Avatar 2 might have the potential to be the highest-grossing film of all time in China without any outside meddling, The Battle at Lake Changjin's ~$900m is likely to serve as an upper limit for Avatar 2's potential — that is, unless another Chinese movie increases upon the record before Avatar 2's release.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hw64 said:

I don't think China will allow a foreign film to become the highest-grossing film in China again. A domestic film has held that title from mid-2017 onwards — nearly 5 years now — and given that the title is now held, at least in dollar gross, by The Battle at Lake Changjin, it seems especially unlikely that they'll want to relinquish the title, given the content of that film.

All that to say: while Avatar 2 might have the potential to be the highest-grossing film of all time in China without any outside meddling, The Battle at Lake Changjin's ~$900m is likely to serve as an upper limit for Avatar 2's potential — that is, unless another Chinese movie increases upon the record before Avatar 2's release.

I was thinking about this as well. The recent turn towards heavy Chinese nationalism probably won’t allow A2 to take the crown even if the potential is there.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I can see scenarios where this comes in around TFA, but it’s not doing 40% more admissions than TFA did domestically (which is what you’d need for $1,500M.

I think we need government help to organise (compulsory) weekend trips to visit James Cameron's Avatar 2. To attract more people, there must be stage greetings, giveaways, signature, selfie & handshake campaign. 

Edited by Issac Newton
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

China's First $1B Film is arriving on 2022.

The Battle At Lake Changjin's sequel "Water Gate Bridge" is forecasting $1.2B - $1.5B in Winter 2022 release

We also have to consider inflation/ER in 12 months time. That 1.2B could easily be 1.5B/2B in terms of value now.

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Rough Breakdown:

This I disagree with. I think the DOM will be 600-800M, but the ER/Dollar will be so depressed all of your foreign numbers double.

10 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

Rough Breakdown:

party-cocaine.gif