Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

This. If Avatars sequels actually take off beyond this one. I fully expect some interested and morbidly interested attendance for the initial sequel making it a hit. The films that follow though are wildcards at this moment.

The Avatar franchise will just be part of the backdrop, not the definer of that. The MCU's stake is huge at this point and already encompasses a generation. 

Between the SW films, '83/'99, no one in that generation says Back to the Future or Ghostbusters is the singular defining zeitgeist of their generation. Both are components of it though. Avatar is likely to just be a component of the next decade, not the definer of it. 

Mcu has thousands of characters and over 60 yrs to draw from. You cant compare it to Avatar good buddy. Avatar sequels will change how you tell stories using technology and real world effects that will give the audience something that not even mcu films can provide..

Ie.  A one of kind extreme escape and a voyage that troggers sense memory and allows people to truly be transported and share the world of its star characters. 

Many of the mcu and formulaic franchise films will be forgotten captain Craig, but like Cameron's Terminator2, Titanic and the remarkable experience theatrically that was avatar..The experiences that this man gives to his audience are just simply one of a kind and hold people in awe and touch generations.

This is  why his films  repeat business have no equal.

When you watch a comic film it can be great or forgettable but they never touch your soul and give you true escape from a theaters borders. This is what Cameron will give to world and influence.movie makers long after Avatar 5...... and for decades to come.

Hence why a cameron epic blows peoples minds and we are still talking about aliens, the abyss,  titanic, avatar, T2 today..😉

Avatar2 will give the movie audience another reality busting up experience and they will come in droves again to experience it and the mouse will figure.out how to merchandise the heck out of the sequels and take advantage of Avatar sequels worldwide frenzy.

A2 may is looking to make 2.4 billion plus from 2-3 countries..Tell me thats not astounding!!

This is why hes the alpha and the omega.

This...This is our land!!

Epic the yoda of filmmaking baby!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

I can see Cameron and Disney set up an Avatar 2 day at Animal Kingdom's Pandora so audience can experience a sneak peak at the sequel in HDR 60FPS propelling early WOM. That one year delay may set the stage for this initiative.  

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

24 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

I can see Cameron and Disney set up an Avatar 2 day at Animal Kingdom's Pandora so audience can experience a sneak peak at the sequel in HFR 60FPS propelling early WOM. That one year delay may set the stage for this initiative.  

Hey hey Dash. Good to see you in the pages my friend😎.

In Cameron moviegoers and the Jim gang trust! Watch the epic crying good buddy, especially if it exceeds even the biggest predict here.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, The Futurist said:

In december 2027, Cameron will be 73.

Hope nothing bad health wise happens to him until then.

When you hit 60, it s when your chances to have serious health problems increase by a lot.

So when you approach 70 ...

They'll be done by the time he's 70. He won't be making them when he's 73. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

If EG scuffs it and doesn't beat A I'm going to be disappointed. 

I don't think it's going to, I ran the numbers through a model based on 532 blockbusters from the last 13 years and it's looking like 2.7 is it's cap

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't think it's going to, I ran the numbers through a model based on 532 blockbusters from the last 13 years and it's looking like 2.7 is it's cap

Lol a fast death to E.g. is a lock to beat Avatar and Avatar 2 ludcrious fanboy statements.

Hope  our fellow comic book hopefuls realize that even with the advantages of 10 yrs of inflation, a whopping 500-800 % up  theater increases in major markets and 22 movies build up...a james cameron epic represents unmatched audience attendance and critical acclaim.

Now.Eg.with all these advantages looks to fail to beat Avatar 2009(lol ) and spanked by 1.5-2bil plus  by Avatar2.(The talk is doubling egs ww gross theres actually a small possibility for that with today's market size and Jc fan support in Asia and Europe and everywhere else...Wow. Depends how much steam Avatar 2 has after passing the 4billy ww mark👍👍)

Hope they do that re-release push avatar 1 even further domestically and OS to get fans revved for A2 domination.

Can A2 go into the 5 billion or higher ww mark is the question? We can get up to 2.5 billion from the domestic, China , UK alone boys and gals🙈🙈

This will be an outstanding run to watch!!. Come on Jc, pandorians, alienards, icebergians and t800 humanoids are all with you.....

(Music plays))

Legendary Cameron Warriors

Its time to

.........Assemble!😉

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/16/2019 at 5:27 PM, IronJimbo said:

The Futurist said Story telling.

Meaning a simple story told extremely well, the art is in the delivery

His best stories in my opinion were Titanic, Avatar , T2,  Aliens, Rambo2, The abyss and Terminator.

Edited by Sheldon Cr

Damn ! Is it true !?  @IronJimbo

Does it mean that Jimmy has been getting Disney by the balls all along instead of the other way around....???

I always thought that Fox or Disney owns the rights to blue people so Jimmy has to follow the order of the big boss...But It seems that I am wrong...

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Damn ! Is it true !?  @IronJimbo

Does it mean that Jimmy has been getting Disney by the balls all along instead of the other way around....???

I always thought that Fox or Disney owns the rights to blue people so Jimmy has to follow the order of the big boss...But It seems that I am wrong...

You didn't believe me? I'm hurt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

That makes sense. Disney wouldn't delay a guaranteed 2B+ film year after year. Cameron want's to get it perfect even if people need to wait a decade.

No no! Disney moved the film for their own reasons, we can only speculate. They're so far into the pipeline that it's not the production delaying it's release.

Possible Reasons.

• dumb exec thought it would be cool to release Star Wars and Avatar altenating, perhaps they thought Star Wars would make more money this way
  • New projector roll-out (hopefully this)
  • they thought it would make more money with alternating years (doubtful)
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

No no! Disney moved the film for their own reasons, we can only speculate. They're so far into the pipeline that it's not the production delaying it's release.

Possible Reasons.

• dumb exec thought it would be cool to release Star Wars and Avatar altenating, perhaps they thought Star Wars would make more money this way
  • New projector roll-out (hopefully this)
  • they thought it would make more money with alternating years (doubtful)

Admittedly, alternating between Avatar and Star Wars as the big Christmas release is a pretty neat idea.

Jim Gang diehards (sorry if I missed anyone) - Looks like Avatar is going to keep the worldwide crown and raise the bar in Dec 2021. A small scare but we made it.

@Deuce66

@Sheldon Cr

@MrGlass2

@NCsoft

@dashrendar44

@JamesCameronScholar

@Lothar

@Pure Spirit

@Elessar

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2