Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

9 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Depending on the rate of domestic ticket price inflation, the first film would adjust to $910-930 million by 2021. That's probably the benchmark Avatar 2 should be aiming for if it has the same phenomenal WOM as the first film. I'm hoping it beats TFA and cracks the $1 billion milestone. Having #1 DOM, OS, and WW crowns again would be very fitting. 

DOM/WW/Adjusted for Inflation - we need Jim to unite the titles so he can be undisputed king. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiQ said:

They are developing new tech AFTER mo-cap for main cast has already wrapped?

From the limited information I could find I think this relates more to capturing live performance for integration/interaction with a CG environment and CG characters. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

From the limited information I could find I think this relates more to capturing live performance for integration/interaction with a CG environment and CG characters. 

Woah so completely new tech then, that's cool

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deuce66 said:

Yup and see a preview render in real time on virtual cam and control monitors on set.

Basically it seems similar to this demo below but shot in 3D in the world of Pandora with live actors interacting with perfcap creatures:

• Like 3

That numbers thread really shows just how much you get under the skin of people on here @IronJimbo. It's honestly concerning that there are people on here that lack the discipline to control their own emotions on a movie money counting forum. 

I don't think Jim will hold anything back now, he knows this is his magnum opus, he will want to go out with a bang. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That numbers thread really shows just how much you get under the skin of people on here @IronJimbo. It's honestly concerning that there are people on here that lack the discipline to control their own emotions on a movie money counting forum. 

I don't think Jim will hold anything back now, he knows this is his magnum opus, he will want to go out with a bang. 

I think some posters on here are legitmately angry that Endgame won't pass Avatar, so much so they have to block me because even the sight of my Avatar and they're at risk of putting their fist through their monitor or throwing their phone against the wall.

It's sad really but some people are far too emotional.

I'm sure a couple of them would punch me if they had the chance, absolute animals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think some posters on here are legitmately angry that Endgame won't pass Avatar

How does the saying go? Don't coun't your chickens before they are hatched. It very well might not pass Avatar but it's far from impossible. You probably know that, you just love to get under the skin of marvelites. ;)

Edited by Elessar

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

How does the saying go? Don't coun't your chickens before they are hatched. It very well might not pass Avatar but it's far from impossible. You probably know that, you just love to get under the skin of marvelites. ;)

Elessar! I know for a fact Jim is gunning for over 3b, so to predict 2b isnt exactly believing in Jim is it now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Elessar! I know for a fact Jim is gunning for over 3b, so to predict 2b isnt exactly believing in Jim is it now?

I was talking about Endgame passing Avatar.

I have a feeling Cameron cares much less about how much his movies do than we do here. As long as it's enough for him to continue doing what he's doing. :)

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

I have a feeling Cameron cares much less about how much his movies do than we do here. As long as it's enough for him to continue doing what he's doing. :)

A1 did enough for him to continue doing what he's doing ;) I think he wants these movies to leave a lasting impact, one measure of that is obviously the box office. 

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Jim 100% wants as many people as possible to see his films

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

A1 did enough for him to continue doing what he's doing ;) 

I mean purely in terms of getting finances for his movies, since he's not putting up his own cash. In a theoretical situation, if his next 3 movies were to be duds box office vise, even with Avatar doing what it did, i imagine it would be more difficult to get big budget movies greenlit. You are only as good as your last movie - Hollywood rule. ;)

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I think some posters on here are legitmately angry that Endgame won't pass Avatar, so much so they have to block me because even the sight of my Avatar and they're at risk of putting their fist through their monitor or throwing their phone against the wall.

It's sad really but some people are far too emotional.

I'm sure a couple of them would punch me if they had the chance, absolute animals.

I don’t like to “count chickens 🐓

before they hatch 🐣 ” but it looks like Avatar will hold on to the crown. No wonder a certain fanbase is so friggin cranky, they won’t have a chance like this again for years and by then the record will hopefully be a lot higher than $2.8B. If Avatar does hold on I hope the mods let us gloat a bit. ;)

It’s official, Endgame is a flop. :hahaha:

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

Dude, you are talking to the people that have already locked in $3/4B for the Avatar sequels, lol.  They have counted the eggs before they were laid!

• Haha 5