Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Still shocked leona lewis didn't ride the Avatar wave to the success celine done rode with her song from titanic. I see you is almost as good as Heart will go on in my book Jimbo👍👍

Céline had decade of success and a giant world star before Titanic (Had album going over 10 million sales before and she opened the Olympics in 1996):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celine_Dion_albums_discography

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Céline had decade of success and a giant world star before Titanic (Had album going over 10 million sales before and she opened the Olympics in 1996):

Naah without a doubt her star rocketted to elite status because of Titanic.mania..She says so herself in interviews and Thanks Jc bigtime barnack

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

Avatars music simply wasn't as good. I do love Leona Lewis. Beautiful and a wonderful voice. Bleeding love is a great song.

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Avatars music simply wasn't as good. I do love Leona Lewis. Beautiful and a wonderful voice. Bleeding love is a great song.

Avatar had i see you and others but Titanic just had everyone in a trance..It had nothing.to do with better songs. Though I do agree Titanics score and everything else music wise surpassed the music used in Avatar. Though overall its close.. Because there are beautiful musical score moments in Avatar where movies today wish they could emulate but fail miserably

Recent interview with George Lucas:

If you do what a lot of people do, it just becomes generic. It’s just the same old thing. One person I can point to who is great at world building is Jim Cameron. Avatar was brilliant. It’s hard to design worlds and come up with stories and have them operate around it. You have to know the rules on everything. If you don’t play by the rules, then it becomes just a mishmash. If you come up with something new, you have to say what all the rules are about it.

the full thing here:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-oral-history

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Recent interview with George Lucas:

If you do what a lot of people do, it just becomes generic. It’s just the same old thing. One person I can point to who is great at world building is Jim Cameron. Avatar was brilliant. It’s hard to design worlds and come up with stories and have them operate around it. You have to know the rules on everything. If you don’t play by the rules, then it becomes just a mishmash. If you come up with something new, you have to say what all the rules are about it.

the full thing here:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-oral-history

I’M SORRY GEORGE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I’M SORRY GEORGE

Jim and George do have a deep respect for one another. I think Jim knows George isn't a great 'film maker', but he has one of the greatest visual imaginations out there. 

Part of me would really love to see George work with Snyder on a project, I think George's imagination with Snyder's ability to at least realise a world would be something really special (or a total disaster). 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, Elessar said:

I would have gone.... if i had not 18000km to travel...

On 5/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, Elessar said:

I would have gone.... if i had not 18000km to travel...

Wow that is some distance lol. Was this for a screening or actually being in the movie as an extra

Question on ow what do you think is the max A2 could hit and what type of legs would this biggest sequel have with Jc behind it. 

I'm thinking the ow could hit as high as 270-350 m with 3.5 to 4x multi domestically. Share your thoughts.

Minimum pending no weather storms I'm thinking 210-230m ow 

10 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Question on ow what do you think is the max A2 could hit and what type of legs would this biggest sequel have with Jc behind it. 

I'm thinking the ow could hit as high as 270-350 m with 3.5 to 4x multi domestically. Share your thoughts.

1.2 billion dollars / $opening weeknd = legs

so if it opens small with 100m it will have 12x legs, 200 it has 6x, 300 it will have 4x legs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Too early to tell. My initial estimate is $150-$200m OW and 3-3.5x legs. 

6 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Thinking 180-200M OW, and 4X+ legs at least.

The reason being despite A2 being a sequel, it's awareness is fairly low, and recently I've talked to people who are not even aware of its existence. So this is definitely not a TFA or Endgame situation, even though I'm sure Disney will try their best to boost its awareness for the next 2+ years, so awareness will be higher and being a sequel helps, but I still think to an extent, there's going to be some degree of "discovering Pandora and Avatar again" going on, basically, increase attendance through great WOM, which is basically a Cameron tradition at this point. A run similar to TFA and Endgame would be kind of boring to track anyway. 

• Like 3