Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

ah sorry, slipped my mind that people could think this way

all subjective i suppose!

Of course. Like how you consider Avatar great and some people consider it mediocre that was saved by the 3D craze.

Just now, UserHN said:

Of course. Like how you consider Avatar great and some people consider it mediocre that was saved by the 3D craze.

It's objectively #1 of all time. It started the 3D craze. Are you apprenticing with dubbalubbadab in the school of being wrong? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's objectively #1 of all time. It started the 3D craze. Are you apprenticing with dubbalubbadab in the school of being wrong? 

Well, how we see movies are subjective. There is no objective way. Different people, different tastes. I'm not talking about movie gross because everyone knows that Avatar is #1 when it comes to BO.

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

I wonder why the Russos aren't on that list. They would have won if they were included. They're at their peak right now.

The Russos don't cater enough to the dudebros.

They have higher standards luckily.

Edited by The Futurist

8 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

That's all that matters. 

huh? I thought this was The Big Movie Opinions forums

I don't see why the fact Jim made the highest grossing film of all time not once... but twice though? (22years reigning champ) would matter on here at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

A phase that has absolutely crashed and burned.

Don't get me wrong, Avatar 2 is going to be HUGE, however it's going to fail in comparison to Cameron fanboy expectations.

• Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

huh? I thought this was The Big Movie Opinions forums

I don't see why the fact Jim made the highest grossing film of all time not once... but twice though? (22years reigning champ) would matter on here at all.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: It's like people complaining about people discussing Jesus on a Christian Community Forum - madness. 

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

Don't get me wrong, Avatar 2 is going to be HUGE, however it's going to fail in comparison to Cameron fanboy expectations.

This is probably good, Jim counter-intuitively thrives on reversing the expectations of people as we have already seen - so the mix of extreme doubt and optimism add yet another billion onto the WW gross of A2.  

Disney x JC x Avatar x Doubt x China = $6B WW Floor now. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JB33 said:

What does that even mean. Give numbers so people know what you're on about!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think he means more than Avatar, but less than your supposed floor (around $5b by last count, $6b for JCS)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Maybe he's thinking along the lines of $1.5B to $1.7B? Because that's what I see Avatar 2 will gross. It can also do more, depending on the marketing. This movie will be Disney's priority next year. They have no scheduled release of Avengers or Star Wars. I think they will market the hell out of this movie to avoid Jim becoming moody.

Edited by UserHN

34 minutes ago, UserHN said:

What do you call Jim's hardcore fans? Cameronites? Cameronators? Cameronians?

Jim Gang

Cameron Crew

Cameronites is no no because that word play is being used on a lesser man

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Maybe he's thinking along the lines of $1.5B to $1.7B? Because that's what I see Avatar 2 will gross. It can also do more, depending on the marketing. This movie will be Disney's priority next year. They have no scheduled release of Avengers or Star Wars. I think they will market the hell out of this movie to avoid Jim becoming moody.

1.5b is insane to me..

So we have a couple bench marks.

Higher gross than any non Jim film. So realistically over TFA or Endgame if it makes more. This will be ok... I won't be happy with it but Jim Gang will swag on.

Over Avatar to become the highest grossing film of all time.

Now we're talking, not once not twice but thrice tho? Happy with this but excepted more. Average films have shown 2b is easy for them now.

3 Billie's, not bad

Over Avatar adjusted. Looks like we just raised the bar again. This is my target and my estimation is around 300m more than this.

My estimation of 3.5 billies. I'm being conservative here but I'll be very happy with this.

4 Billie's let's go. No one can touch Jim and studio first filmaking but to shame nonce again by an autuer genius filmmaker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, feasby007 said:

I think he means more than Avatar, but less than your supposed floor (around $5b by last count, $6b for JCS)

Lol.

In that case I guess you could say that me and JCS have raised the bar so high that doubters think saying Avatar 2 more than Avatar is doubting.

Lmao you should have seen BOT 3 years ago. Not looking do insane now am I? Avatar 2 will refine blockbusters and box office.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Lol.

In that case I guess you could say that me and JCS have raised the bar so high that doubters think saying Avatar 2 more than Avatar is doubting.

Lmao you should have seen BOT 3 years ago. Not looking do insane now am I? Avatar 2 will refine blockbusters and box office.

I was here 3 years ago... I was a serial lurker (still am) but only made an account in summer of 2016.

Admittedly I can't remember a damn thing from then though.

I still get upwards of 300 emails a day from BOT for all the threads I'm following, and I read every one. Rarely read the threads themselves, primarily only through email. Then occasionally pop on to "React" or Comment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Higher gross than any non Jim film. So realistically over TFA or Endgame if it makes more. This will be ok... I won't be happy with it but Jim Gang will swag on.

I'd be happy. I'd call that a realistic expectation.

Some of the Jim gang won't have it, though. ;)

3 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I'd be happy. I'd call that a realistic expectation.

Some of the Jim gang won't have it, though. ;)

Realistic? Elessar Elessar Elessar.

No no no no no no no no!

I'm on my phone but I feel like 3 Billie's needs to be explained.

Jim is not aiming for 2.1b

He is aiming for my prediction.

This man is a force of nature... You can't stop him

• Like 2