Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Realistic? Elessar Elessar Elessar.

No no no no no no no no!

I'm on my phone but I feel like 3 Billie's needs to be explained.

Jim is not aiming for 2.1b

He is aiming for my prediction.

This man is a force of nature... You can't stop him

You know, most of the time we put with you Jimbo, but this ignorance makes me want to throw up. 

You're officially relegated from Cameronite to Nolanite. Pack your things and be gone by 2pm.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

You know, most of the time we put with you Jimbo, but this ignorance makes me want to throw up. 

You're officially relegated from Cameronite to Nolanite. Pack your things and be gone by 2pm.

This is a joke me right feasby bro? I know that Jim is aiming for over Avatar adjusted.

I'm believing in Jim to reach his goal... Meanwhile you are doubting him after all he has done.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This is a joke me right feasby bro? I know that Jim is aiming for over Avatar adjusted.

I'm believing in Jim to reach his goal... Meanwhile you are doubting him after all he has done.

of course I'm joking (not going to get rid of the person making 50% of the posts in this thread!)

Although I hope you know deep down that $2b IS a good result, regardless of Jim's rep. Yes we can expect more, but 2B is nothing to scoff at to say the least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

DOM and China around $500m both, OS (-China) around $1b.

Incredibles 2 just made 600m Dom... Let that sink in!

1 hour ago, feasby007 said:

of course I'm joking (not going to get rid of the person making 50% of the posts in this thread!)

Although I hope you know deep down that $2b IS a good result, regardless of Jim's rep. Yes we can expect more, but 2B is nothing to scoff at to say the least.

This seems like a matter of wordplay.

What is good?

For me a good result wouldn't be over a billion less than Jim's goal.

I'm sorry Feasby but I just can't say 2b is a good result. That number doesn't even seem possible to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

DOM and China around $500m both, OS (-China) around $1b.

my conservative prediction 

600 dom

500 china 

1.2 B OS (- china)

2.3 B total

Are we really talking like in december 2020 Avatar 2 won't be the movie everyone want to see it like Star Wars episode 7 or Endgame?  With the difference outside the Us Cameronn has an appeal not only for people under 50. 

Edited by maxalcamo
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Incredibles 2 just made 600m Dom... Let that sink in!

Americans have an unhealthy obsession with superheroes. And Pixar is a darling that can do no wrong. ;)

I don't believe just because some movies came relatively close to Avatar DOM that the sequel will leave them all in the dust. You would have to assume the same number of people or more will watch the sequel and that is not guaranteed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Americans have an unhealthy obsession with superheroes. And Pixar is a darling that can do no wrong. ;)

I don't believe just because some movies came relatively close to Avatar DOM that the sequel will leave them all in the dust. You would have to assume the same number of people or more will watch the sequel and that is not guaranteed.

Unless Jim has a new must-watch tech incorporated in Avatar 2, I can't see many people clamoring for Avatar sequels. The major reason why Avatar did so well is because of the 3D craze. 3D isn't so hot right now.

• Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, UserHN said:

Unless Jim has a new must-watch tech incorporated in Avatar 2, I can't see many people clamoring for Avatar sequels. The major reason why Avatar did so well is because of the 3D craze. 3D isn't so hot right now.

Explain why Avatar is the #2 best selling Blu-Ray of all-time?? Clearly the movie had a lot more going for it than just 3D. 

Avatar set a first-day launch record in the U.S. for Blu-ray sales at 1.5 million units sold, breaking the record previously held by The Dark Knight (600,000 units sold). First-day DVD and Blu-ray sales combined were over four million units sold.[287] In its first four days of release, sales of Avatar on Blu-ray reached 2.7 million in the United States and Canada – overtaking The Dark Knight to become the best ever selling Blu-ray release in the region.[288][289] The release later broke the Blu-ray sales record in the UK the following week.[290] In its first three weeks of release, the film sold a total of 19.7 million DVD and Blu-ray discs combined, a new record for sales in that period.[291] As of July 18, 2012, DVD sales (not including Blu-ray) totaled over 10.5 million units sold with $190,806,055 in revenue.[292] Avatar retained its record as the top-selling Blu-ray in the US market until January 2015 when Disney's Frozen surpassed it.[293]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Patricians. And the ones that don't like Jim, we call them plebeians, or sometimes we use the modernized term "normies".

I prefer to use cretins as the plebs love Jim films too.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Patricians. And the ones that don't like Jim, we call them plebeians, or sometimes we use the modernized term "normies".

How about me? I like Jim, I loove Titanic, I was amazed when I first watched Avatar but found it forgettable as time goes on. And I did not bother to watch Alita. But I am excited to watch Avatar 2 next year. So, where do I fit?

11 years after the first movie Avatar 2 will be nothing less then the movie everyone want to see in the christmas holidays. The fact there are already 3 more sequels year by year it's something will move even more the audience now people are obsessed with movie universes and serialized movie chapters. 

Things like "some people were disappointed by Avatar" would be true maybe with a sequel 3 years after, 

• Thanks 1

I think unfortunately those of you expecting an increase here are being naive. This is going to be huge, but 1.5bn huge, not biggest of all time huge. 

Exchange Rates are weaker than they were in 2009, people are less likely to go back to a sequel like they did for the original, and the discovery factor will be lower. 

In no way will this movie fail, but it is never going to live up to the numbers you guys are suggesting. Star Wars genuinely gives you the blueprint for how this is going to behave. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Star Wars genuinely gives you the blueprint for how this is going to behave. 

Dumb comparison, SW is very frontloaded franchise, Avatar was very backloaded. It's James Cameron's movie, no way it's making less than 2 bln, especially with China.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 4