Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

17 hours ago, pretty reckless said:

lol at 500m dom, nobody cares or awaits about this movie

Lol at it not making 500m dom. By the time this comes out that will be around half of the first's adjusted gross. No way it drops more than that in attendance. It is still Cameron after all, he knows what he's doing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

JC is in the unique position to make these sequels after all big franchises released their biggest guns. So he can see what worked for them and what didn't. 

Production would be too far in to make changes would it not? I suppose marketing could be something to look at. However don't know why Jim needs advice in marketing his films, after all, he made the highest grossing film of all time not once, but twice though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Barnack said:

you do realize Avatar is the name of internet icons and more stuff?

fixed it for you:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=%2Fm%2F0gmbk1g,%2Fm%2F0gmbk1g,%2Fm%2F010fq514,%2Fm%2F0126b8kn

Edited by pretty reckless

47 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Production would be too far in to make changes would it not? I suppose marketing could be something to look at. However don't know why Jim needs advice in marketing his films, after all, he made the highest grossing film of all time not once, but twice though?

I don't mean changes but more like that he has the idea based on TFA, Avengers, his all time favorite movie WW ;),etc. They are all out. 

Edited by Valonqar

18 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Only a disaster of global scale could stop Avatar's triumphant march to $3b.

Depending on when it happened I could see A2 benefiting from a global catastrophe, it could bring the entire world together after disaster... and do 10 billion worldwide. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.pgfusa.org/awards-winners

"People ask me if I'm an optimist or a pessimist about the future and I answer both. I'm pessimistic about our systems, our so-called leaders, about powerful interests who control things and operate without very much empathy. But I'm optimistic about human ingenuity, about our ability to create and to innovate. We're smart monkeys. We need to science the shit out of this. I'm optimistic about the human spirit.” - James Cameron

Saving the world 1 avatar at a time.

Got a feeling that he's going to make people love the beauty of Pandora, then obliterate it. I'm sure there will be an surge of environmentalism thanks to them movies.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

If Disney finally gets Fox film division... will it mean that Avatar 2, 3, 4 & 5 will be pruduced (what it's left on production), distributed and branded under Disney/BuenaVista? All box office, merchandise ... will be Disney incomes? 

Well they already have Avatar World at disney land florida, they're planning more aswell. It's possible, they can't hard ball Jim though.

A old story

In mid-2006, Fox told Cameron "in no uncertain terms that they were passing on this film," so he began shopping it around to other studios, and approached Walt Disney Studios, showing his proof-of-concept to then-chairman Dick Cook.[54]However, when Disney attempted to take over, Fox exercised its right of first refusal.[54]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

A old story

In mid-2006, Fox told Cameron "in no uncertain terms that they were passing on this film," so he began shopping it around to other studios, and approached Walt Disney Studios, showing his proof-of-concept to then-chairman Dick Cook.[54]However, when Disney attempted to take over, Fox exercised its right of first refusal.[54]

Fox has always been the cheapest studio among the big 6. Maybe it's a good thing Disney buys their asses off.