Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

"Jack. Tell me you love me." she dryly demanded. Her eyes were colder than that starless night.

"Isn't that the question of the day" he replied, with a sharp icy grin.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

On 27/09/2017 at 1:49 PM, Elessar said:

Here we go again, people projecting themselves onto the whole population. A film doesn't get legs amazing as these because the visuals are pretty or Leo is hot. Nope, that's not how it works.

Yes, the sequels won't make as much, for similar reasons the sequels to TFA probably won't make as much.

The only drop will be from 2 to 3.

A2 will make more than Avatar.

A3 will make less than Avatar 2.

after a 3 year gap A4 will come in HOT, with some sort of technological advancement. It will make more than A3.

Then A5, people will be gagging for the conclusion.

It will look something like this.

A2/A5>A4>A3>Avatar

Remember this, it's not everyday a prophet confirms the future for you.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

2020?

I'm clearly not following info on this film cause I have zero plans to see it. What happened to 2019?

What happened to 2015? 2017? 2018?...

Im still not sure this is released before the world comes to an end.

Maybe Cameron is just saying "technical issues" and it's really about letting Star Wars latest trilogy get out of the way. Also Marvel will have completed it's massive 3 Phase cycle ending the longest running build up ever. Get those two out of the way, add in some nostalgia and inflation and Avatar 2s stage is finally set?!

52 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Maybe Cameron is just saying "technical issues" and it's really about letting Star Wars latest trilogy get out of the way. Also Marvel will have completed it's massive 3 Phase cycle ending the longest running build up ever. Get those two out of the way, add in some nostalgia and inflation and Avatar 2s stage is finally set?!

December 2019 is free so I guess that blows that theory out of the water. Sws 9 got moved there apparently.

It's almost comedic how Star wars / Marvel fans think that Jim would be strong armed by one of these films. Obliviously if two huge blockbusters open on the same date they're both going to take a hit, but you have to ask who would be taking the bigger hit. Speaking of inflation, even with 6 years of inflation you have TFA coming $700m short of Avatar.

Avatar 2 is easily the biggest box office prospect currently planned.

Also remember Disney's heavily invested into Avatar World and plan expansions and also an Avatar World in Paris. Disney has an invested interest in Avatar succeeding.

Edited by IronJimbo

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

December 2019 is free so I guess that blows that theory out of the water.

It's almost comedic how Star wars / Marvel fans think that Jim would be strong armed by one of these films. Obliviously if two huge blockbusters open on the same date they're both going to take a hit, but you have to ask who would be taking the bigger hit.Speaking of inflation, even with 6 years of inflation you have TFA coming $700m short of Avatar.

Avatar 2 is easily the biggest box office prospect currently planned.

Also remember Disney's heavily invested into Avatar World and plan expansions and also an Avatar World in Paris. Disney has an invested interest in Avatar succeeding.

Uhm...theres a litte movie called Star Wars: Episode IX