Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Didn't the merchandise store get annihilated? Banshee's were sold out in seconds.

Yes, I believe so. Next time I'll buy a pallet. They're up on the online store now though. 

Can't wait to buy myself a model Hometree. 

1 minute ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Now that this is an evil Disney movie it’ll have a 100% because Disney will pay all of the critics, right @IronJimbo ?

An excellent point, may have to multiply my $3.5b by the Disney shilling factor, perhaps we can make $4b thanks to Disney?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Wait, you're telling me this site is small? I thought it represented the entire world's views! /s 

Butm. I thought Marvel had the highest grossing films of all time!

3 hours ago, vc2002 said:

A member-only club is pointless on a small site like this. Sorry.

Hmmm no worries, I saw it more as a seal of approvement though. It's not like theres any baggage when joining.

• Like 1

Arnold summarizes what it's like to work with Cameron, nothing new revealed here but summarized very well with a few choice words. Bottom line if you can't handle being pushed to the limits of your talent it's probably not going to work out very well for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm really rooting for this film because the OG movie gets too much hate IMO. No, it wasn't a groundbreaking story but so what? The now top-grossing domestic movie was a rehash of a movie that came out 38 years prior but it doesn't get nearly as much hate as Avatar does. At least Cameron is innovative and forward-thinking, pushing boundaries. I can't wait for the sequel as I think Cameron has something up his sleeve and once again audiences will have their butts in the seats.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also, another reason why I think Avatar was so successful is because Cameron did a great job world building Pandora. You truly felt like you were somewhere else and I think most people go to the theater for escapism. I know that's a reason I liked it and similar films like it(BP).

• Like 2

This is going to sound really weird but I just watched the Avatar 2 trailer on youtube in my dream.

I before I was watching it I was verifying it was real but decided because it had so many views it must be real.

I remember quaritch in a large aircraft bay with a more sharply rectangular shaped Dragon Gunship with heavier armour..

Jake and Ney exploring pandora in similar but different jungle scenes...

That's all I can remember... I'm not one of those who believes they can see into the future or anything but remember this post

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

This is going to sound really weird but I just watched the Avatar 2 trailer on youtube in my dream.

I before I was watching it I was verifying it was real but decided because it had so many views it must be real.

I remember quaritch in a large aircraft bay with a more sharply rectangular shaped Dragon Gunship with heavier armour..

Jake and Ney exploring pandora in similar but different jungle scenes...

That's all I can remember... I'm not one of those who believes they can see into the future or anything but remember this post

Some bold predictions there Jimbo. :hahaha:

• Haha 1

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/07/titanic-director-james-cameron-jurassic-park-steven-spielberg_n_1864996.html

2012 ARTICLE

full interview released on Saturday.

here are the sneak preview lines,

• The future of film-making: "I think we'll be watching 98% of our films in 3D"
  • Technical versus artistic directing: "There's a sense you can't be both... bulls**t!"
  • The challenges of Avatar sequels: "I want to create a crescendo"
  • Diving to the Titanic wreck again: "I won't go back"

His Jurassic park would have been amazing.

Edited by IronJimbo