Totem

Avatar 2 | Dec 18, 2020 | Production underway on 4 sequels at a budget of 1 BILLION DOLLARS | Kate Winslet joins?!

On 2/20/2018 at 2:12 PM, Elessar said:

Beautiful music... James Newton Howard has done some very impressive work throughout his career. Like i said earlier, he would be among my top choices for the Avatar sequels. What is he up to these days? Is it just me or is he on hiatus?

I know right?! Check IMDB - He's still working. in fact last week I rewatched Roman J. Israel. Towards the end I noticed the soaring score (which was quiet during the whole movie). I really liked it so I paused the movie and checked to see who did the scoring. Guess who? https://youtu.be/S1BP5ZbMICg?t=4m10s

• Like 2

On 2/20/2018 at 2:12 PM, Elessar said:

Beautiful music... James Newton Howard has done some very impressive work throughout his career. Like i said earlier, he would be among my top choices for the Avatar sequels. What is he up to these days? Is it just me or is he on hiatus?

My favorite JNH score is for a Julia Roberts flop from 1990: Dying Young.

• Like 2

Is there any chance of Cameron ever doing a superhero film? DOesn't have to be DC or MCU since any superhero character he decided to bring to life cinematically will most likely become a household name, regardless of how obscure (come on..."from the director of Avatar, Titanic, Aliens, T2, and True Lies...comes a new vision in superhero cinema..." you know it will...make some money ;-) )

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The Avatar hate crew seems to love starwars and superheroes... pretty odd.

Exactly, I would respect the Avatar hating crowd much more if their criticism of Avatar translate to their actual movie watching habit. Promoting new and interesting concepts in new intellectual properties that are both successful and visually and mentally stimulating (such films aren't being produced today). Though I would still disagree with their opinion on Avatar, at least they'll appear to be somewhat consistent. 

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, lilmac said:

I know right?! Check IMDB - He's still working. in fact last week I rewatched Roman J. Israel. Towards the end I noticed the soaring score (which was quiet during the whole movie). I really liked it so I paused the movie and checked to see who did the scoring. Guess who? https://youtu.be/S1BP5ZbMICg?t=4m10s

His score for FB was the best of 2016. Did you listen to it?

3 hours ago, lilmac said:

I really hope JNH returns to score Glass. His music for Unbreakable is simply put, incredible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I really hope JNH returns to score Glass. His music for Unbreakable is simply put, incredible. 

I've listened to the Unbreakable soundtrack more than any other score in the last 18 years (including Star Wars). I know it inside and out. That's why I was so confused while at the end of Split, that score started playing. A minute later, I had a huge smile on my face. I realized why. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lilmac said:

I've listened to the Unbreakable soundtrack more than any other score in the last 18 years (including Star Wars). I know it inside and out. That's why I was so confused while at the end of Split, that score started playing. A minute later, I had a huge smile on my face. I realized why. :)

@lilmac did you listen to the score of FB? You'd love it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lilmac said:

That was a great moment. When Visions started playing at the end of Split, I instantly got excited. A great score, and a fantastic superhero soundtrack as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

@lilmac did you listen to the score of FB? You'd love it.

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Can't wait to see how well it does in China

I'm expecting something very special.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I'm expecting something very special.

Same. If the first made $200M in 2010 then who knows how much it can make now.

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Same. If the first made $200M in 2010 then who knows how much it can make now.

22861_1_2.png

It was the #1 spot in early 2010 until it was beaten by Transformers Age of Extinction mid 2014.

3 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

It will make close to a BILLION in China, you can lock it from now.

So 3.5 billion WW for Avatar 2 confirmed?

Just now, StevenG said:

So 3.5 billion WW for Avatar 2 confirmed?

That's a stretch. How much are you predicting for the US box office to end up 3,5 billion WW?

2 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

That's a stretch. How much are you predicting for the US box office to end up 3,5 billion WW?

over Avatar, below TFA

Overseas - CHina was 1800m for Avatar. so if China goes huge then 3.5 billion is on the cards

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

over Avatar, below TFA

Overseas - CHina was 1800m for Avatar. so if China goes huge then 3.5 billion is on the cards

Technically yes, but you don't know how the rest of the markets will react.