Jump to content
Totem

Avatar 2 | Dec 18, 2020 | Production underway on 4 sequels at a budget of 1 BILLION DOLLARS | Kate Winslet joins?!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

 

Technically yes, but you don't know how the rest of the markets will react.

If Avatar and Titanic is shown anything it's that incredible visuals grounded by a character focused story is universally loved, they're going to love it.

 

The only unknown to me is the exchange rates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, @lilmac is a fundamental Christian that vows to never see Harry Potter despite DH2 being the most Christian blockbuster ever.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

It will make close to a BILLION in China, you can lock it from now.

 

I think this will surpass a billion in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, slambros said:

 

I think this will surpass a billion in China.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Noctis said:

By the way, @lilmac is a fundamental Christian that vows to never see Harry Potter despite DH2 being the most Christian blockbuster ever.

 

What if they move production of the Harry Potter films to Pure Flix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

 

What if they move production of the Harry Potter films to Pure Flix?

I find it sad he's unable to see the themes in Potter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

 

:sparta:

I can't tell if Gerald is extremely happy in this, or weirded out while smiling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

By the way, @lilmac is a fundamental Christian that vows to never see Harry Potter despite DH2 being the most Christian blockbuster ever.

 

whaaaaaaat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IronJimbo said:

I can't tell if Gerald is extremely happy in this, or weirded out while smiling

 

He was laughing at a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I'm not an expert, but I think something like, say, Passion of the Christ would be the most Christian blockbuster

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

That was a great moment. When Visions started playing at the end of Split, I instantly got excited. A great score, and a fantastic superhero soundtrack as well.

 

 

 

THE ORANGE MAN, MAN.

 

The only superhero movie that made me leggit tear up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

 

THE ORANGE MAN, MAN.

 

The only superhero movie that made me leggit tear up.

"That's - that's just an awful feeling!"

 

It's one of my favorite superhero films period. It successfully presents superheroes in the real world, and does it very well. Jackson and Willis's performance are excellent. Howard's score is also a big part of the reason why it works as well as it does. It's so good. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

 

Here's Jim's take on the Dances with Wolves comparisons, 6m 50s.

 

@vc2002

 

Well, I suppose this is a reply to my post in the wknd thread regarding the Avatar/TFA debate, but, does this video make your video less worthy?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Noctis said:

 despite DH2 being the most Christian blockbuster ever.

:lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

over Avatar, below TFA

 

If Avatar 2 is really "Avatar on steroids" as described and recaptures the phenomenon status of the first film, I wouldn't rule out a gross over TFA domestically. By 2020, Avatar would adjust close to TFA unadjusted ($937 million) plus the sequel will be released in around 25% more theaters this time around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

That was a great moment. When Visions started playing at the end of Split, I instantly got excited. A great score, and a fantastic superhero soundtrack as well.

 

 

You know the score titles! I’m not the only one. My new best friend. :-)

 

Visions, Carrying Audrey, The Wreck, Weightlifting, The Orange Man — all good.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Also I'm not an expert, but I think something like, say, Passion of the Christ would be the most Christian blockbuster

True. 

 

Good memory @Noctis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

 

Hey buddy. No I haven’t. I’m not surprised. What would be your top 3 choices to score Avatar 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KP1025 said:

If Avatar 2 is really "Avatar on steroids" as described and recaptures the phenomenon status of the first film, I wouldn't rule out a gross over TFA domestically. By 2020, Avatar would adjust close to TFA unadjusted ($937 million) plus the sequel will be released in around 25% more theaters this time around. 

A lot of skepticism over how it will fare domestically but I think the franchise has retained stickiness with OS audiences.

 

 

$2 billion from just overseas markets is not just possible but probable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.