Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/07/titanic-director-james-cameron-jurassic-park-steven-spielberg_n_1864996.html

full interview released on Saturday.

here are the sneak preview lines,

• The future of film-making: "I think we'll be watching 98% of our films in 3D"
  • Technical versus artistic directing: "There's a sense you can't be both... bulls**t!"
  • The challenges of Avatar sequels: "I want to create a crescendo"
  • Diving to the Titanic wreck again: "I won't go back"

His Jurassic park would have been amazing.

Umm... the article was released in 2012...

???

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Umm... the article was released in 2012...

???

LOL... thought I was having deja'vu

well he's the eagerly anticipated Saturday interview

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/17/james-cameron-titanic-3d-avatar-wreck_n_1889529.html

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

:whosad:

The upside of this of course is that most people's issue with 3D is the glasses (which Cameron is trying to fix) and that you're paying extra for low quality 3D because most '3D' films are pathetically 3D (something that cameron does well, as I find Avatar is still one of the better 3D films out there)

• Like 2

Just now, feasby007 said:

The upside of this of course is that most people's issue with 3D is the glasses (which Cameron is trying to fix) and that you're paying extra for low quality 3D because most '3D' films are pathetically 3D (something that cameron does well, as I find Avatar is still one of the better 3D films out there)

Avatar 2's 3D will be impeccable that's for sure.

Jim's been let down by the film industry, hollywood realised they could get away with releasing crappy post production conversions and people will pay extra dollar for it.

• Like 2

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Avatar 2's 3D will be impeccable that's for sure.

Jim's been let down by the film industry, hollywood realised they could get away with releasing crappy post production conversions and people will pay extra dollar for it.

Hopefully now, since people are more reluctant to pay for shit (GA finally realising) that hollywood might buck their game up.

Although, the worse quality everything else is, the more likely for A2 to explode as people realise just how good the 3D will be

• Like 3

On 14/01/2016 at 1:23 AM, Kalel009Shel said:

Kal predicts 180m ow and 1.08b domestic,  2.8b os and a untouchable 3.7b ww.  Like most of the Cameron believers,  I think we could fly over even. 3.9 to 4b mark worldwide on the highend 

actually think this is a good estimate, KAL was before his time truly

• Like 1

3D makes the film look worse, it makes the film look darker, you have to wear stupid glasses, and depending on where you sit it may make the film physically not work for your eyes. I am very glad 3D has died. 

If James Cameron can genuinely find a way to do it without glasses then I am completely open to it, although again it would need to be very good to not look daft. The perspective is just not right in most 3D movies.

People have been trying to make 3D movies work for about a hundred years now and to no avail. It is not going to happen. Just my opinion

Just now, Tree Was Never Really Here said:

3D makes the film look worse, it makes the film look darker, you have to wear stupid glasses, and depending on where you sit it may make the film physically not work for your eyes. I am very glad 3D has died. 

If James Cameron can genuinely find a way to do it without glasses then I am completely open to it, although again it would need to be very good to not look daft. The perspective is just not right in most 3D movies.

People have been trying to make 3D movies work for about a hundred years now and to no avail. It is not going to happen. Just my opinion

Jim complains about cinema's not setting their projectors bright enough, I would love to see what he see's in his fine tuned cinema.. I bet it's godly.

I don't mind the glasses at all but the darkness, yeah the darkness pisses me off.

• Like 1

On 28/12/2015 at 4:11 AM, Kalel009Shel said:

Yep Baumer.  If juggernaut II can't beat force awakens by at least 901m gap you get deadly.  If Cameron power happens then you fail and it's not just Cameron that's deemed a king lol. And your money is mine.  And of course ww.  If storms or some disaster unfortunately hurt avtr2's bottom line the bet is void.  Godwilling it will be just one hell of a run for the history books. All my loa power will  be on this one.  Let's go Pandorians. 

@baumer

@Trolltastic Tele

I'm reading some of the old pages in this thread and I found this which is pretty hilarious to me as I have a similar bet with Tele.

So supposedly if Avatar 2 makes over $2,967m Baumer owes Kal $100.

then I have a bet with Tele that Avatar 2 makes over $3b dollars

Also this,

On 28/12/2015 at 6:15 AM, VenomXXR said:

If Avatar 2 beats the original WW, I'll donate $100 to the forum and give $20 to Kal. No bet. If it beats it, I'll do it. 

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

@baumer

@Trolltastic Tele

I'm reading some of the old pages in this thread and I found this which is pretty hilarious to me as I have a similar bet with Tele.

So supposedly if Avatar 2 makes over $2,967m Baumer owes Kal $100.

then I have a bet with Tele that Avatar 2 makes over $3b dollars

Also this,

Kal is long gone and I think he still owes the site money.  So if I were to lose, I don't think I'd be paying up.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

actually think this is a good estimate, KAL was before his time truly

Kal made outlandish predictions for a LOT of films.  He was right for Avatar but wrong on about 95% of his other predictions.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

Kal is long gone and I think he still owes the site money.  So if I were to lose, I don't think I'd be paying up.

Reading it I don't think you should either, that non-sense about the weather and there never seemed to be a handshake moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Kal made outlandish predictions for a LOT of films.  He was right for Avatar but wrong on about 95% of his other predictions.

I have to ask to you think A2 still has 0% chance at $3b? At the time the release date was 2017 not 2020 and I assume the 0% was a bit of bravado.

Edited by IronJimbo

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I have to ask to you think A2 still has 0% chance at $3b? At the time the release date was 2017 not 2020 and I assume the 0% was a bit of bravado.

I don't doubt anything when it comes to Cameron, not anymore.

• Like 1