Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

15 hours ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

yes infinite war is coming :)

That's not fair. you are putting 2 Infinity war movies against one ? You're putting Marvel's 10 years against one true king.

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

still playing the long game for a Quaritch cosplay... arms bigger than ever before, they grow slowly but I have plenty of time.

I can still vividly remember that at the time when Avatar was still a thing, there were a bunch of articles saying some fans learn speaking the blue people language and even build websites about it. I was like

b0ddd719cbf7830acfc36a17bdb839ff46be2fff

Thinking back, @IronJimbo I wonder if you were one of them...

15 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I can still vividly remember that at the time when Avatar was still a thing, there were a bunch of articles saying some fans learn speaking the blue people language and even build websites about it. I was like

b0ddd719cbf7830acfc36a17bdb839ff46be2fff

Thinking back, @IronJimbo I wonder if you were one of them...

sadly not, thinking about learning Na'vi though. You have to realise that this will be Star Wars for the new generations, so learning Na'Vi could be a fun little party trick. Probably not worth wasting too much time on though.

So far I know the Na'vi to English translation of 'Na'Vi' is 'The People'.

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2018 at 8:06 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I don't play video games but found this chart interesting. Really crazy money on the table here, which makes me wonder why we have yet to see a grand theft auto movie. 

The root of the Fast & Furious franchise(first 3 at least) was essentially a GTA movie minus some of the more titalliting possible plot lines before that franchise got turned into an anti-hero/vigilante film series. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lothar said:

We have another movie underwater ( Aquaman ) . Let's see how they make this movie will wait till 2020 for A2.

It will be interesting to see how others attempt it, then to see how it's meant to be done.

side note: the more new information about Jim and Avatar I here the higher my prediction goes. Estimating about $3.6b now

I've been told James Cameron Story of Science fiction has loads of cool interviews and loads of new information about Jim... looking forward to the series. Might order the book

Edited by IronJimbo

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It will be interesting to see how others attempt it, then to see how it's meant to be done.

side note: the more new information about Jim and Avatar I here the higher my prediction goes. Estimating about $3.6b now

I've been told James Cameron Story of Science fiction has loads of cool interviews and loads of new information about Jim... looking forward to the series. Might order the book

You guys are lucky to have opening preview and fixed opening dates. We have to wait at least week or 2 to see the movie in our cinema. 

Just now, Lothar said:

You guys are lucky to have opening preview and fixed opening dates. We have to wait at least week or 2 to see the movie in our cinema. 

start saving and come to the premier, you can do it... make your dreams a reality it's what Jim would do

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lothar said:

also I'm curious where home is?

If you're in mainland Europe in the far east you can take a train to Poland or something

48 minutes ago, Lothar said:

When the time comes Lothar I'll fly us all to New Zealand for the premiere. 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

start saving and come to the premier, you can do it... make your dreams a reality it's what Jim would do

I seriously plan to take a trip to Paris for the Avatar sequel premiere in France so I can witness Iron Jim IRL presenting his movie at least once in my life. A picture would be the cherry on top but I fear he'd smashed my smartphone because it's not eco-smart.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3