Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Jim's Sci-Fi stories AMC series where he interview famous Sci-Fi related people in the business is going to be really damn good. I've read some exerts and expect an insight into Jim's mind like we haven't seen before.

I advise everyone who's at-least a tiny bit interested to watch it and see the man's genius first hand, plus I suppose it's got Nolan for those from reddit among us.

• Haha 1

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04/19/kevin-feige-hoovering-up-deadpool-fantastic-four-and-x-men-for-marvels-phase-4-dark-phoenix-the-last-fox-x-men-movie/

"He also learned that all manner of issues regarding Fox are very much up in the air about their future with the company and what will happen, again pending the merger’s approval in mid-2019. Projects are not so much being put on hold, but that the crew going forward on franchises is undecided, as Disney may take over.

Such as folks on the production side working on the upcoming Avatar sequels and who read the next two scripts, getting no more from Cameron in case they are replaced by Disney. Oh also, that Cameron is using up to 16 motion capture cameras simultaneously for any given scene in those films, whereas the average CGI-heavy film typically gets away with one at a time."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Oh also, that Cameron is using up to 16 motion capture cameras simultaneously for any given scene in those films, whereas the average CGI-heavy film typically gets away with one at a time."

16x multiplayer confirmed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:
On 2018/4/20 at 8:54 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:
On 2018/4/20 at 6:26 PM, IronJimbo said:
On 2018/4/20 at 6:22 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:
On 2018/4/20 at 5:42 AM, IronJimbo said:

Oh also, that Cameron is using up to 16 motion capture cameras simultaneously for any given scene in those films, whereas the average CGI-heavy film typically gets away with one at a time."

16x multiplayer confirmed. 

rare typo from JCS

agreed though, >$48b confirmed

It's 4/20 - today we're all allowed to make mistakes... (except Jim, we know that's not possible). 

Not once, not twice, but thrice though?

From time to time this thread becomes these two guys having much fun together.

Or this video explains it even better.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 2:06 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I don't play video games but found this chart interesting. Really crazy money on the table here, which makes me wonder why we have yet to see a grand theft auto movie. 

You made this post ages ago but I'll reply anyway: the simple answer is that the GTA makers have consistently said they've no interest whatsoever in a making the property into a movie. And I don't blame them: videogames, for better or worse, have become so cinematic that translating them into a film you can't play would be redundant. It would only hurt the brand.

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

You made this post ages ago but I'll reply anyway: the simple answer is that the GTA makers have consistently said they've no interest whatsoever in a making the property into a movie. And I don't blame them: videogames, for better or worse, have become so cinematic that translating them into a film you can't play would be redundant. It would only hurt the brand.

You open the property up to a much wider audience, i wouldn't call that redundant.

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

You open the property up to a much wider audience, i wouldn't call that redundant.

I'd say it's honestly harder for GTA to get any bigger in the mainstream consciousness than it already is, and a faithful adaptation won't appeal to anyone new.

Of course this discussion is all chicken and egg because there's never been a good videogame adaptation that stood any chance of breaking out.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/james-cameron-avengers-sci-fi-avatar-2-1201955644/

Lays the smackdown on MCU

“I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

Then gives some Avatar insight

“I’ve found myself as a father of five starting to think about what would an ‘Avatar’ story be like if it was a family drama,” he told reporters. “What if it was ‘The Godfather’? It’s a generational family saga. That’s very different than the first film. There’s still the same setting and the same respect for the shock of the new. We still want to show you things that you haven’t even seen or imagined, but the story is very different. It’s a continuation of the same characters… but what happens when warriors who are willing to go on suicide charges and leap off cliffs, what happens when they grow up and have their own kids? It becomes a very different story.”

• Like 3

"Cameron stated that although he hasn’t done any production work on Avatar 4 and Avatar 5" ...."

http://collider.com/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-godfather/#terminator

What!? Didn't Jimmy Boy say he would shoot 4 sequels in one row. It looks like he kind of chickens out and does only Avatar 2 and 3 as of now.

"What if it was The Godfather? "  The Godfather is highbrow art. Avatar is at most about blue people running around and fighting. They are in two totally different ballparks. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

"Cameron stated that although he hasn’t done any production work on Avatar 4 and Avatar 5" ...."

http://collider.com/james-cameron-avatar-sequels-godfather/#terminator

What!? Didn't Jimmy Boy say he would shoot 4 sequels in one row. It looks like he kind of chickens out and does only Avatar 2 and 3 as of now.

"What if it was The Godfather? "  The Godfather is highbrow art. Avatar is at most about blue people running around and fighting. They are in two totally different ballparks.

lol

It's been known he's split production in half for over a year.

Nah Avatar is high brow, many layers if you were high brow yourself you would have noticed.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/james-cameron-avengers-sci-fi-avatar-2-1201955644/

“I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon,” Cameron said. “Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”

Can't be said often enough...

• Like 4

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Then gives some Avatar insight

“I’ve found myself as a father of five starting to think about what would an ‘Avatar’ story be like if it was a family drama,” he told reporters. “What if it was ‘The Godfather’? It’s a generational family saga. That’s very different than the first film. There’s still the same setting and the same respect for the shock of the new. We still want to show you things that you haven’t even seen or imagined, but the story is very different. It’s a continuation of the same characters… but what happens when warriors who are willing to go on suicide charges and leap off cliffs, what happens when they grow up and have their own kids? It becomes a very different story.”

God it feels great to wake up to Jim laying down the law.