Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

God it feels great to wake up to Jim laying down the law.

favourite part is cape fans calling him salty or jealous, talk about irony. Jim barely thinks about you or your movies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

favourite part is cape fans calling him salty or jealous, talk about irony. Jim barely thinks about you or your movies.

Ah yes, the age old jealous of coming in 5th and struggling to even make half of the winners amount.

I'm starting to think the delusion is far deeper and more profound within these people than I ever thought possible.

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Ah yes, the age old jealous of coming in 5th and struggling to even make half of the winners amount.

I'm starting to think the delusion is far deeper and more profound within these people than I ever thought possible.

I think it is not delusion it is just fair for someone new to be on the top after so long

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

If the best is the best then they deserve to be on top. Simple. 

Maybe but Marvel  had this time now to really perfect a film. With IW they will overtake Avatar even if Cameron does think that it has become boring this is the final chapter of such an amazing universe! 

1 minute ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Maybe but Marvel  had this time now to really perfect a film. With IW they will overtake Avatar even if Cameron does think that it has become boring this is the final chapter of such an amazing universe! 

Part of the problem with Marvel is, and tell me if I'm wrong here, is that it only really has a big impact on 16-30 Western Males, whereas the Avatar universe is near universal. 

It's just something magic that Jim captures, everyone can appreciate his worlds. I think it's time we moved on from the macho-white movies that have dominated ever since Iron Man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Impossible for IW :P

Wait and see! 

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Part of the problem with Marvel is, and tell me if I'm wrong here, is that it only really has a big impact on 16-30 Western Males, whereas the Avatar universe is near universal. 

It's just something magic that Jim captures, everyone can appreciate his worlds. I think it's time we moved on from the macho-white movies that have dominated ever since Iron Man. 

Well just because I am white and a teenager yes maybe that is why I love it. 

Avatar was amazing but only in the cinema and as visual you know? I think Marvel has built a big universe that we can all love. 

Maybe cameron can do this too but it will take time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Well we are selling more tickets than almost everything else and I think people will see IW A LOT! 

Well I do agree people will see it a lot on the opening weekend but I'm sorry to say it won't be much after than.

I'm expecting $240m opening weekend followed a total of $590m, probably 800 or so overseas.

2 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Well we are selling more tickets than almost everything else and I think people will see IW A LOT! 

That is Avatar's strength and one that has not yet been emulated by Marvel, except to a lesser extent by BP. 

Even then lets not forget BP had legs and still hasn't even managed to make 0.5A

So, my parents are in Orlando this week and they went to Pandora at Disney for the first time... They decided to go during the daytime but also went back at 9:30pm when their fastpass was lol. Anyway here's the same picture at day/night - my Mum says she was blown away with just how much the world transforms at nighttime!

EimwuQC.png 0Q7x1MU.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

So, my parents are in Orlando this week and they went to Pandora at Disney for the first time... They decided to go during the daytime but also went back at 9:30pm when their fastpass was lol. Anyway here's the same picture at day/night - my Mum says she was blown away with just how much the world transforms at nighttime!

EimwuQC.png 0Q7x1MU.png

This is the magical stuff that only Jim can create. 

Just now, DAR said:

Asking for a friend but what if you think Avatar is a just a good movie but far from Cameron’s best?

Tbh, that only makes Cameron look even better. Many directors would love to have Avatar as their best