Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Two years today. Tick tock. :Gaga:

Holy shit! It's the 18th of the 12th today. I'm going to celebrate by watching Avatar and having a couple stubbies.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Update on Quaritch cosplay for opening night December 2020.

Current:

Weight: 73kg 16% body fat

Bench : 85kg for 10

Squatt : 140kg for 10

Deadlift 130kg for 5 (with straps)

Pullups Wide Grip: 10

GOAL for december 2020:

Weight 70kg 10% body fat

Bench : 105kg for 10

Squatt : 180kg for 10

Deadlift: 160kg for 5

Pullups Wide Grip Weighted 15kg: 12

Wish me luck

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

37 minutes ago, nature league said:

Quaritch is dead though, right?  Avatar 2009 clearly set up the elements of that world to make it seem like he died almost instantly after getting hit with the arrow.

He's getting brought back to life. How? We aren't sure we can only speculate but as Jim said "no one dies in sci-fi".

Quaritch is confirmed to be in all 4 sequels.

14 hours ago, Crainy said:

I stand behind every single one of those statements.

If you stand by all of your posts, then your assertion that Tele has somehow been patronizing and disrespectful toward you is bizarre, given your posts are very patronizing and disrespectful toward Tele to begin with.

It is therefore not surprising that admins/mods are not sympathetic to your complaint - it doesn’t hold any weight given the comments you immediately threw at Tele for simply expressing his opinion (the tone of which was conciliatory).

I’ve learned through the years that my arguments and perspectives are better heard (and ultimately more persuasive/compelling) when I truly hear others out (even if I don’t agree with them) and respond in a careful and respectful way. Otherwise, any good arguments I have to make get lost. If you truly want to strive for productive discussions on this board, I encourage you to take this to heart. Cheers.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

He's getting brought back to life. How? We aren't sure we can only speculate but as Jim said "no one dies in sci-fi".

Quaritch is confirmed to be in all 4 sequels.

"no one dies in sci-fi" is that assuming spirituality/afterlife is part of sci-fi?

If Quaritch returns, then I think Tsu'tey would have easily survived.  The film Avatar (2009) educates the viewer on how Quaritch should have died and how Tsu'tey should have lived.

I'll be interested to see more of Quaritch, I think his initial pitch was a shallow rebellion against Eywa or something

waiting to Dec 2020 will be long enough for nostalgia boost aswell as potentially a crash in the Dollar.

just a though, will be people be nostalgic of when 3D was actually good?

"oh Avatar was the amazing movie with the revolutionary 3D, I'll watch this in 3D again".

predictions:

3d makes a comeback

detractors mad

others jealous

best CGI you've seen to date

killer story and characters with loads of "best scenes" (like T2)

watch and learn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

waiting to Dec 2020 will be long enough for nostalgia boost aswell as potentially a crash in the Dollar.

just a though, will be people be nostalgic of when 3D was actually good?

"oh Avatar was the amazing movie with the revolutionary 3D, I'll watch this in 3D again".

predictions:

3d makes a comeback

detractors mad

others jealous

best CGI you've seen to date

killer story and characters with loads of "best scenes" (like T2)

watch and learn

This is actually a great point I hadn't considered, but you can bet Jim has. 3D nostalgia could be real, just the thought of seeing the original in 3D again makes me giddy. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nature league said:

"no one dies in sci-fi" is that assuming spirituality/afterlife is part of sci-fi?

If Quaritch returns, then I think Tsu'tey would have easily survived.  The film Avatar (2009) educates the viewer on how Quaritch should have died and how Tsu'tey should have lived.

I'll be interested to see more of Quaritch, I think his initial pitch was a shallow rebellion against Eywa or something

Q's understanding of nature on Pandora was extremely limited, his anti-science stance was also pretty clear throughout most of the movie. Being a full on company man (RDA) his job was clear cut in it's objectives, blue monkeys get in the way?? eliminate the obstacle at any cost and mitigate the loss of human life while on Pandora. 

I think an Avatar prequel would be interesting on a pure action movie level, humans had to make every mistake imaginable in order to get to where they were nicely settled in the first movie.  

1 hour ago, Crainy said:

Im still not 100% convinced Quaritch will be the villain in all of the Avatar sequels, atleast not in the way everyone is expecting.

Lang and Cameron have already hinted at this, his story arc over the four movies will evolve, I assume that some significant tragedy will trigger a change in his personality in terms of how he sees life, the world and his role in it or something to that effect.