Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Totem

Avatar 2 | Dec 18, 2020 | Production underway on 4 sequels at a budget of 1 BILLION DOLLARS | Kate Winslet joins?!

But back to avatar :P It will make its release date, have a massive OW, then have little legs.. while A3 will have a lesser OW but longer legs! Well probably not, but that is how these things usually go!

I think it has a massive range from about 400-700 depending on if it does the first one justice. If its seen as even similar to the first one it'll bring in the crowds. But if its at all seen as a disappointment then it might have short legs.

All the major sci-fi phenoms (i.e. Jurassic Park, Star wars, TPM etc) decreased significantly with the sequel.

Hardly embarrassing. If it made any more then 550m then I think that would be a real achievement. International is where I can see it not fall as much (or possibly increase??)

There's no question that this will decrease domestically from the first one. If it passes 500M then its a huge achievement. I think internationally it will be all over the place. Countries like UK, Australia, Germany, it will probably fall. Countries like China and Russia, it will probably increase over the first one. Where it lands in the end is anybody's guess.

I would give it a 30% chance of increasing domestically, just a number I've pulled out of my ass.I think once we see the trailer people will change their minds about it dropping.

• Like 1

I would give it a 30% chance of increasing domestically, just a number I've pulled out of my ass.I think once we see the trailer people will change their minds about it dropping.

At least it'll have one thing going for it; Pent up demand, because I don't think it'll be released by 2014.

I have to admit that James Cameron can do sequels well, and people know that. But I think it really depends on the trailers for OW. If it looks 1. Original, 2. Graphical awesome, it'll be big!

If Avatar 2 has to increase from the previous one, or even stay in the same ballpark, it will have to become a must-see event like Avatar was. just being the sequel to Avatar won't be enough.

0% chance of increasing domestically, it just was a perfect storm of factors that got it past $750M first time aroundand if it is going to reach its December 2014 release date then filming has to get going soon I would imagine