Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I would give it a 30% chance of increasing domestically, just a number I've pulled out of my ass.I think once we see the trailer people will change their minds about it dropping.

A trailer for a James Cameron movie always makes people lowballing lol
  • Like 1

And your opening is double of what Avatar did.

Its legs will be solid because of the time of the year. OW matters because 4 to 5 multiplier is very doable.I see Avatar 2 opening around 130-140M which should lead to a total of between 520M to 600M. JC has a great record with sequels so who knows what knd of WOM this gets.

0% chance of increasing domestically, it just was a perfect storm of factors that got it past $750M first time aroundand if it is going to reach its December 2014 release date then filming has to get going soon I would imagine

I agree... But OW will be bigger... Much bigger...I'm thinking 135/540 right now

I can definitely see an increase for it, but 600m or so would be more reasonable. Again with James Cameron though we'd have better luck throwing a dart then predicting what will happen. Avatar took everyone by surprise, the sequel can and probably will do the same.