Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Cameron figured out the perfect movie formula

1-grand scale epic story-size

2-extraordinary visual effects 

3-a story not too convoluted to follow..but not too easy it becomes boring..relying on cliches and 1 dimensional characters to give people a safe place to be in..his movies tend to be warm and relaxing to watch..his characters are easy to watch and to understand

4-throw some cheesy romance for the female demographic

he basically gives almost everyone what they want in sorta way..I actually like him a lot and I'm not bashing him here so don't get me wrong

Cameron rubbed a lot of people in the wrong way because

1) An original movie with no fanbase taking the Highest Grossing Film of all time title instead of Darth Vader, Batman, etcs that got huge fanbases.

2) A chick flick being the Highest Grossing Film of all time in an era that male is the donimating gender and in a business that products for males is the dominating type.

3) A project called "doomed-to-fail" by a lot of media and critics, turned out to be the highest grossing film of all time.

And Cameron did the rubbing in the wrong way twice.

Plus we've entered the era with some many mediums that negativity or you can say "hate" often got magnified through them.

He is simply Speilberg on steroids!!.. The greatest pound for pound director, if he had done as much films as Speilberg

he would be numero uno.. But for his work and his effect on the people with just a short amount of films in most eyes

he's the yoda of all the directors.. I've never quite seen anyone who is he equal when hes gone into serious

mode on making an epic.. And it shows in his work and his fanbase.. Holy cow can you imagine  if both the Titanic

and Avatar 1 audiences( lets say 80% of them come back)

We are going to make history my brothers and sisters!!!

• Like 1

This is the type of shots that made me feel like the Navi's really exist when I was watching the movie, even though my brain kept telling me that those were just CGI.

I bet this kind of weird feeling played a big role in its out-of-the-world WOM. People came back because they wanna have a taste of this weird feeling one more time, which rarely happens on the big screen.

Hell Yeah VC 2002, there was nothing even close to what James achieved with the visuals, and there still isnt..

Then we got the music, the epic storytelling that seemed to have won over audiences everywhere.(LOL you gotta laugh

at the loonies saying Avatar didnt have a great story -ROFL-- Maybe if their films had storylines half as appealing they too

could  make the 3B dollar mark -well almost lol) James Cameron work is just memorizing, and then he gets

great people to  be on these mega projects and its just a wrap for the competition..

I mean Horton did the music for Titanic as well, That music had my heart pounding and emotions all ovver the place

as much the breathtaking visuals and things my beloved Navii and Jake were facing.

I hope James always work with Horton score wise :). Wonderful team!!

Its amazing how the cheapest looking Pirates movie turned out to be the most expensive.

I went on set for Pirates 4, they used our glue to build a set lol. I literally live an hour away from Pinewood Studios.

Damn Pirates 4 400+M and damn proably cost over near 600M with Advertising, luckily they figure

between 2-3 sequels they will have tons of profit, and then there's the merchandising.. Big winfall and Depp

will get another 55-80M (I dont know if his agents will negotiate points off the WW receipts of Pirates 5 and 6

if so, Depp is going to be very very rich)

• Like 1

We are fighting for our freedom and our land and no human can take that away from us!!!

Posted Image

Amen.... Competition should just bow  Now... This will be the APEX Predator of the Behemoths!!

But can James go way beyond 3Billion is the question, could this film also hit 840-1B domestic..

Alot of people are pondering the records this one could break.. Just incredible. Imagine a 140-160+ OW

with a 7x-8x Multplier!!!!

Anyone here feel strong that we are going to break Avatar's 760M Domestic and go for numbers off the charts

domestically? I love how folks keep underestimating James on the domestic end,  I dont think just the OS

tally is going to be remarkable  and worldbreaking all.. Discuss

Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time by a huge margin  :)  sure you already know that..

the overseas market is blooming so freaking fast in the last couple of years we're gonna see huge numbers..even if it decreased slightly domestically it won't really matter much

Johnny we are the biggest Selling HV title with 40+M units and growing WW. OVer 30+M units

in 2009-2010 alone.... Lol Believe me Panda is full of cow manure my friend... People wont care if  3 yrs passes

they will be coming to see any giant epic Lord Cameron dictates is ground breaking :)...

ANd man if we get about 70-80% of the Avatar and Titanic Crowd, it wont just be the OS tally that will reach landmark heights.

:)... Folks talking about 1B+ budget for all 3 sequels. LOL the next sequels will likely make 9-11B+ and that

doesnt include billions and billions more in merchandising and licensing fees... :)

• Like 1

And lets see how much improvement in CGI has come for this film.

Here's the thing about Avatar 2...

People are thinking...oh, it's gonna be more of the same.  People aren't gonna care, it didn't really leave a real cultural impact.  Blah blah blah. 

Then, 2016 happens (or do I mean 2024?). 

And...James Cameron will eviscerate our eyeballs.  Movie is going to be incredible.  In Cameron I trust.  And it's a sequel...I'm expecting the story to take a more interesting dimension.  Maybe.  Ok, maybe not, but maybe. 

But Cameron sequels...when you list best sequels of all time, you always end up with Godfather 2 and TWO Cameron movies.  It's just a fact.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 4

People are thinking...oh, it's gonna be more of the same.  People aren't gonna care, it didn't really leave a real cultural impact.  Blah blah blah. 

And...James Cameron will eviscerate our eyeballs.  Movie is going to be incredible.  In Cameron I trust.  And it's a sequel...I'm expecting the story to take a more interesting dimension.  Maybe.  Ok, maybe not, but maybe. 

But Cameron sequels...when you list best sequels of all time, you always end up with Godfather 2 and TWO Cameron movies.  It's just a fact.

Amen Aliens and Terminator2(Not just the best sequels of all time, but amongst most peoples

top 5 to top 10 of all time as well--Mighty Impressive!!) Going to be funny to rub it in alot of these jealous

of Cameron dominance haters yet again.. On his film having no impact..

Seems Time and other magazine had Camerons Avatar making him amongst the top 5-top 10 most influential people

on the planet not so long ago..lol

Case closed on Avatar having no impact... LOL.  I  want to see any film today , cause cold hearted hunters

and abusers of resources to change cold turkey after seeing 1 film... That is just insane the impact

of Camerons world Bender Epic.. Amen KO White

And we are going for deep 3B or better WW this time with the sequel.. Dare I say near or over 4Billion may not

be out of the question.. My predict is 3.6B :)

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 2

Nope, with GodFather 2 and TTT and ROTK