Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

This film is extremely rewatchable, I've seen it 3 times and plan on more. For me Avatar 2 has many more cool scenes and moments than the first, but the first film was a perfect edit and the simplicity of the plot of the first allowed it to flow to pure perfection. I think they're quite different films honestly. They both have advantages over one and over, I feel like the second has leaned into the nerd audience more. I suppose with superhero movies so prevalent it might work out in the long run.

I'm struggling to think of a cinema experience I enjoyed more than Avatar 2. Maybe the Lord of the Rings films, but I was a kid back then and less jaded and would feel things more

For me my best experiences have been #1 Titanic, Avatar,  LOTR2 and Terminator 2.

Maybe Superman 2 1980-1981 premeir as well. I rem that was my first lines around the block experience for a movie as well. 😂 Giving my age away a bit here.

Honourable mention to Jurassic Park.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

For me my best experiences have been #1 Titanic, Avatar,  LOTR2 and Terminator 2.

Maybe Superman 2 1980-1981 premeir as well. I rem that was my first lines around the block experience for a movie as well. 😂 Giving my age away a bit here.

Honourable mention to Jurassic Park.

LOTR2 is an underrated choice, I loved all 3 of them honestly.

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

LOTR2 is an underrated choice, I loved all 3 of them honestly.

The lord of the rings were all oscar worthy indeed, but man Darktowers was my favorite out of all 3 Jimbo. 

Did you see my question on noticing improved surround 3d weather effects.(rain, atmosphere etc?) Anything crazy awesome in your 3d showing during water sequences.  Share your thoughts brother Jimbo.

Same question to all my brothers and sisters on the surround 3d weather system. Cameron and company really brought some new things.to the plate for the voyage back to Pandora

Movie Avatar GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

21 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

The lord of the rings were all oscar worthy indeed, but man Darktowers was my favorite out of all 3 Jimbo. 

Did you see my question on noticing improved surround 3d weather effects.(rain, atmosphere etc?) Anything crazy awesome in your 3d showing during water sequences.  Share your thoughts brother Jimbo.

Same question to all my brothers and sisters on the surround 3d weather system. Cameron and company really brought some new things.to the plate for the voyage back to Pandora

Movie Avatar GIF

I've only watched it in 3D so I can't compare. But there was some scenes where there were water particles which were 3D'd heavily and closer to me than the rest of the shot

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I've only watched it in 3D so I can't compare. But there was some scenes where there were water particles which were 3D'd heavily and closer to me than the rest of the shot

Very Nice.. What about Rain my friend. Well I hope you get a Laser Imax or 4DX showing Next Jimbo, 

Definitely thats what Im aiming for for the 2nd and 3rd viewing... Oh The Wrap states

Audiences scores  and Polls giving it a 5 out 5 and a Must See . ,94% Audience Scores.. 

Avatar 435 M WW Opening and 135M OW :).. So we beat Maverick and others now we need that 6.5-7x Multiplier  and strong days to get the Job Done domestically Jimbo

2 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

Because I thought it would be fun to do.

Brother Cap Nathan.. So your highend for OW2 about   71-73M

ANd low end in the 60-64M?

I'm hoping for more Brother XX4 feels CE will hurt it some, time will tell.

Strong days should help and then all those XMAS and holiday viewings into January as the most talked about Tour De Force of any year. Polls and audience reports are excellent.

Everyone seems to be going back on this one.. And thats what we want for BO Glory

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

2 minutes ago, danziger said:

With 2.1-2.4B WW range  Likely and  2.6-3B questionable...I Feel more will be Made indeed Brother Dan 😉

Then we got the 94 Audience Scores of RT, and Polls from AOL, The Wrap, HR all saying 5 out 5 and a must see recommendations. . Repeat Returns are looking very very good..  India is huge for Avatar, and SK continues to pickup... I need Austraila, and UK Numbers.. Anyone seen London, Germany, Italy so Far.

435M-450M WW start.... Looking good versus Avatar 1.  Where all those under TGM  Domestic and WW and no shot at  NWH WW  folks went??  I think they got lost in the Pandora Forrests  folks.

THIS......THIS YOUR BOX OFFICE TO TAKE JAKE!" " This is Your Avatar!"

"LETS GET IT DONE!" 

29 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

With 2.1-2.4B WW range  Likely and  2.6-3B questionable...I Feel more will be Made indeed Brother Dan 😉

Then we got the 94 Audience Scores of RT, and Polls from AOL, The Wrap, HR all saying 5 out 5 and a must see recommendations. . Repeat Returns are looking very very good..  India is huge for Avatar, and SK continues to pickup... I need Austraila, and UK Numbers.. Anyone seen London, Germany, Italy so Far.

435M-450M WW start.... Looking good versus Avatar 1.  Where all those under TGM  Domestic and WW and no shot at  NWH WW  folks went??  I think they got lost in the Pandora Forrests  folks.

THIS......THIS YOUR BOX OFFICE TO TAKE JAKE!" " This is Your Avatar!"

"LETS GET IT DONE!" 

Wish I could jump on board with you, just don't know enough about box office but for sure word of mouth is great and that bodes extremely well for Avatar 4 & 5!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, danziger said:

Wish I could jump on board with you, just don't know enough about box office but for sure word of mouth is great and that bodes extremely well for Avatar 4 & 5!

Dont let the naysayers get to you .. We need a 750-800M domestic and at least 1.2B-1.3B OS.. Your not giving up on 2B or beating Titanic WW are you  ??? Hang in there Brother  Dan :)..  Remember NO Alvin, No Sherlock and others eating at the legs this time. So Though China and Japan are not the big ones this time.. Other places like India, and Germany, Italy, Austraila, SK, etc can still super perform. And Last Avatar started at 77M OW domestic and kept going.  We dont need a 10X multiplier this time around

:)

Stand Fast  Brother Dan!!

THIS IS STILL OUR LAND!!! 

Any Predictions for domestic and OS your putting out there?

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 1