Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Lightstorm is a production company, like Scott Free, i think. It's definitely not a SFX house. Cameron was one of the founders of Digital Domain, though. I dunno if he still has a stake in it. It's not doing so hot (filed for bankruptcy in 2012).

Edited by Elessar

.....THEY CANT MAKE IT.

Why not? Latest report said filming could start by late 2013. That is 6 less months than Avatar had, but with Cameron I would imagine he would have got more efficient. 3 months more than THI/THII will have.

Why not? Latest report said filming could start by late 2013. That is 6 less months than Avatar had, but with Cameron I would imagine he would have got more efficient. 3 months more than THI/THII will have.

They are making 2&3 the same time.At least 10 months shooting and 3 years VFX.

I have no emotional stake in any of the characters in Avatar so I'd have preferred Cameron do another original film next, but it seems that's not going to happen.

Of course , you don't.We were the ALIENS in Avatar, the Xenomorphs.Why would you identfy with tree loving, blue alien giants ? They are everything we don't want to go back to.What a Na'vi would do with an I Pad ?Not much. Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

They are making 2&3 the same time.At least 10 months shooting and 3 years VFX.

I know they are filming back 2 back, but does that mean 2015/2016 release, likely, but not necessarily. What about the Hobbit I/II and DMC/AWE? He sees what he is doing in real time so that helps the process and with 6 years of advancements I would imagine he has gotten better.Are you sure on 10 months of shooting? Avatar was done in a short time and 2 would be double, but less than 10 months.

I know they are filming back 2 back, but does that mean 2015/2016 release, likely, but not necessarily. What about the Hobbit I/II and DMC/AWE? He sees what he is doing in real time so that helps the process and with 6 years of advancements I would imagine he has gotten better.Are you sure on 10 months of shooting? Avatar was done in a short time and 2 would be double, but less than 10 months.

Princeple shooting for A1 was started in late 2007.Weta will still be busy with TH3 in late 2013/early 2014.Shooting for A2 will have to begin at least two years before it hits theaters.
  • Like 1

Princeple shooting for A1 was started in late 2007. Actually April 2007, but how long did it take?

Weta will still be busy with TH3 in late 2013/early 2014. This would be the time of filming, so early 2014 would be perfect.

Shooting for A2 will have to begin at least two years before it hits theaters. Thats late 2013, what I said.

Am I the only person who doesn't think this film will do as well as the first one? The first film had the 3D appeal, technology was new and it was just cinematically, beautiful. Come 2015 and all that won't matter.I do think the film will do well, maybe even pass 1b but not as well as the first. I'm probably gonna get hate posts for this but whatever. Come 2015 and we'll see.

Edited by Wormow