Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Whereas A1 had great OS tailwinds, A2 will have terrible headwinds. The pound could be down to parity with the dollar and the euro could be 0.9-0.85x USD by then. Many other markets are down 20-40% in the last 2 years.

With that being said though, if A2 has a full release schedule (not including Russia) it should still do $2B+ WW. Id put the “disappointment” line at TLK 2019.

1 hour ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Globally? 

Watch it do that much Domestically. 

I don't know why some people think this isn't possible. The number was trotted re: Endgame and it wasn't a crazy thought then either. TFA came very close to 1B which means it's a matter of time that something will cross that treshold. Not if but when. So stay tuned. Whteher it's going to be Way of the Water or Kang Dinasty/Secret Wars or something out of the left field, it's going to happen. Inflation will make sure of it.

11 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Whale scene. Also, yeah, I'm not sure what that critic was talking about re object based frame rate changes. 

That critic was responding to A2 footage and I think there just speculating on their part about it being object based. No one officially has said anything about the HFR beyond it being variable as far as I know. 

4 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Will Weaver and Winslet appear as themselves at all, or only blue people? Im assuming the latter..

Sigourney will appear as Grace in a flashback sequence and plays a new character "Kiri". Kate will play "Ronal". 

avatar-wow-ronal-excl.png?format=jpg&qua

empire-august-2022-avatar-wow-cover.jpg?

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

I don't know why some people think this isn't possible. The number was trotted re: Endgame and it wasn't a crazy thought then either. TFA came very close to 1B which means it's a matter of time that something will cross that treshold. Not if but when. So stay tuned. Whteher it's going to be Way of the Water or Kang Dinasty/Secret Wars or something out of the left field, it's going to happen. Inflation will make sure of it.

The reason it's tough is that it requires it to come extremely close to the admissions of the first, which is a big ask for a sequel to a breakout. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I listened to My Heart Will Go On the night before watching Avatar and I realized the themes for both movies sound the similar lol.

Like 1;50-1:53 of this:

The first two notes of the main motif are literally the same as My Heart Will Go On and then it varies a little bit.

Yes not surprise. Some notes about RDA are very similar to Horner's previous work in Enemy at the Gates.

Folks here asked for ER adjusted grosses. Here you go.

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Even though Admission tracking is best of the world when considering inflation and ER impact, but many asked about ER adjustment, so I thought of doing this.

For market having inflation and exchange rate moving on par, I have kept the original grosses like SEA, LATAM.

Thanks to Google Sheets, the forex adjustment will remain real-time.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Not sure i like how many people seem to be predicting $200mil+ ow for the sequel in the weekend thread. Its like poeple are setting this up to fail or something.

I'm certain this film will behave more like a orig film, rather than a mega hyped fanboy sequel, like a SW or Comic book film.

I fell a very solid $150mil opening weekend, but crazy good 5-6x legs, for around a $750mil - 900mil total.

Internationally it could be anything. I feel $1bil in China alone is possible, assuming nothing dodgy goes on.