Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

At this point I am not even sure if you guys are even joking or not 🤣

I was hyperbolic, i like Marvel and dont like the unwarranted Hate they get today. I think things have changed for theaters though they should go Premium Screen Only like IMAX. And close all other Normal Screens go even premium Single Screen. Because the movies that make good money are Marvel, Spectacle movies and Horror. 

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

It's exceptionally well made and very emotional with likable characters and terrific score, very old fashioned and self-contained fully finished story with zero cynical cinematic universe setup crap. I wish we would get a lot more "very ordinary" films like this, there's very few of them these days and that's why it's such an event every time something like this comes out.

Even Forrest Gump is 5 times better than Maverick if you want to compare movies on the basis of Emotion and that movie has an extraordinary tale of an ordinary man. TGM's all the characters are so paper thin that it would crumble if tiny ant would walk over them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yeah too many Sky People infiltrating this thread today with negativity.

They needs to take their lack of faith and low predicitons back to their dying planet!.

Man I still can't get over those skypeople Stuart  Amen they were bold werent they. Hah hah thisn will be lucky to beat Black Adam (lol- what!) and no chance to smash TGM domestically or worldwide. Lol@ cruise is far  bigger than a forgotten Avatar.😄😄

Allow me to Retort(They must have been smoking some powerful s@t!)

Lmao

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

OH MY!!😱😱. The Kal would be so 😊  on that scenario and 1.2-1.3 billy or better would be a lock I think domestically. I'll be keeping my thoughts on that one. Definitely never even thought of a wild scenario like that Brother Jimbo

I have my High-end for the first 3 Ows at 205, 15-155, 109. What you have for a TGM and FA finish them KO domestically?

Given us some Domestic worldbreaking scenarios for 4 100m OW . I assume the first OW would have to be.huge to still have a 4 weekend hitting so high, or.it has a Titanic like stamina with todays ticket 😂 😱

It would be true James Cameron anti-gravity legs, that's for sure. The thing is, I come to my conclusions based on comparisons and history but in the back of my mind there is a "what-if". What if Jim blows out even my expectations. I think both Avatar & Titanic's performances were far more unexpected than what I'm predicting for Avatar 2.

$3.5b worldwide for Avatar 2 will be the least shocking box office results out of Avatar & Titanic, especially if China is allowed to play it at a good strength

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Let's not shit on other movie to prop up A2 just because that other movie made a fortune. You have not even seen A2 and some critics already said the story/characters are thin, so better to keep it classy

I get what you're saying but at the same time we do need to compare it to other movies to try and access how it will perform. Do you want people to be nicer with the wording?

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I get what you're saying but at the same time we do need to compare it to other movies to try and access how it will perform. Do you want people to be nicer with the wording?

People can do whatever they want, comparison is ok, but to me some user comes off insecure with their degrading of TG2.

In the end A2 will make way more that TG2 domestic and worldwide imo, so no need to be insecure

Edited by Maggie
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Let's not shit on other movie to prop up A2 just because that other movie made a fortune. You have not even seen A2 and some critics already said the story/characters are thin, so better to keep it classy

Hi sister Maggie. Most avatar fans loved Maverick. I know it's my favorite  film this year so far. But to make this will crush avatar at the bo and in Quality know this is James Cameron behind it?? Come on now Maverick was never going to be on Avatars level quality wise period. And we about to see the results at the Bo and at the awards shows ww. I believe Avatar 2 will get 50 -70 of them. Much like Titanic  and Avatar before it. Many for best visuals, director , supporting and writing. 

I would never state Maverick  was a crap movie. It's just not Pandora.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

People can do whatever they want, comparison is ok, but to me some user comes off insecure with their degrading of TG2.

In the end A2 will make way more that TG2 domestic and worldwide imo, so no need to be insecure

Top Gun Maverick is good is greatly executed but is a basic story and that is not bad (Is one of this year best films). But is not Mission Impossible 6 neither. But good it raised Tom Cruise Profile even more than it was. MI:7 could be on track to make big numbers thanks to the Success of TG2. 

Edited by StreamBO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It would be true James Cameron anti-gravity legs, that's for sure. The thing is, I come to my conclusions based on comparisons and history but in the back of my mind there is a "what-if". What if Jim blows out even my expectations. I think both Avatar & Titanic's performances were far more unexpected than what I'm predicting for Avatar 2.

$3.5b worldwide for Avatar 2 will be the least shocking box office results out of Avatar & Titanic, especially if China is allowed to play it at a good strength

Man the energy and things aligning with China are certainly looking  favorable my longtime brother in Avatar and movie discussions. 

If we hear somehow Russia and Ukraine are having some sort of break and moment of clarity and are  presenting Avatar2 after the China announcements, man I would fall over .😱

The difference between Avatar and all the other films out there is that Cameron’s is not just a film. Avatar is the vehicle to a dream like immersive collective experience that resonates with all the different cultures around the world at the same time.

Cameron, like it or not, plays in a league of his own.

Edited by Mr Roark
  • Like 3

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

If we hear somehow Russia and Ukraine are having some sort of break and moment of clarity and are  presenting Avatar2 after the China announcements, man I would fall over .😱

James Cameron'Avatar2 is the path to peace in this bloody war!

Just now, Sheldon Cr said:

Man the energy and things aligning with China are certainly looking  favorable my longtime brother in Avatar and movie discussions. 

That would not be surprising, First Hollywood Movies banned in China for some months, All of The Sudden Avatar 2 gets a release date but there are covid restrictions, All of the sudden restrictions lifted, theaters open, All of the sudden Argentina vs Portugal Ain't happening at the world cup. Things align more and more. Crazy.