Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

44 minutes ago, Derpity said:

Seems like the GG might've nominated it sight unseen, because I would've expected The Weeknd to sneak into Original Song. OG Avatar got 4 GG nominations, but this one missed on Song & Score.

Everything to do with the GG is a corrupt farce and a joke, though, so best not to read into it too much.

Weeknd's song and the score haven't been getting nominated anywhere, so I'd write those off. They definitely didn't nominate it sight unseen - it also got into the top 10 at AFI, NBR, NYFCO, and NYFCC.

13 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

Kinda off topic, but anyone knows when Critics Choice announce their movie nominees?

Wednesday the 14th, the day after the review embargo lifts

• Like 1

Just now, Dragoncaine said:

$18m still looking like the previews target, yeah? I don't expect that to budge much in these last few days - if anything it could point to $17-18m. However, do we expect any sort of meaningful review bump for OW as a whole?

There will be some level of review bump if it comes out at like 95 RT and all that but meaningful? Hard to say given it’s ~$150M opening.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I understand people claiming Jim caught lightning in a bottle twice, it's kind of feasible I guess though extremely unlikely.

but what are you gonna say after Jim does it not once, not twice, but thrice though?

I'll say he did it three times.  

What will you say if he doesn't?

I’m currently (half) listening to an Avatar Twitter Space hosted by Gitesh, wondering if I should ask to speak and chime in with my “doubting” thoughts 🤔

Edited by M37

• Founder / Operator
6 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Hello brother Shawn... IT IS I..(Still mourning the downfall of Superman Returns vs Pirates 2 lol)

Well we were never enemies, I do remember alot of folks imitating me  back then tho.

How are you man :).. Loving the new forum.. Good to be seen Shawn lol   You were suppose to join this BO Convo long time ago my brother.. And yes indeed wonderous Avatar excitement is about to begin again..

Are you ready to return to Pandora :)

Indeed, I'm looking forward to the sequels.

You're right, definitely a few impersonators back in the day. Time flies.

Enjoy Way of Water!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GOGODanca said:

RT/MC predictions boys

85/73

Dune has a 75 MC with people citing pacing issues and a lack of emotional connection. Some will agree that the pacing in Avatar 2 is similarly uneven, but many more are citing how emotional and rousing its 3rd act is. I'll say 76 MC and agree with you at 85% RT.

20 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

In my country the movie will only be available in 2D format. Please tell me this is going to look good at least, in 2D. 😭

I can't believe I watched the original back in 2009 in 3D and now 3D is no longer available. SMH.

Wow man I hope that changes for you my brother as we go into 2023 and A2 gets a re-release 💪🏋‍♀️. Stay positive 2D is still going to be decent.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Indeed, I'm looking forward to the sequels.

You're right, definitely a few impersonators back in the day. Time flies.

Enjoy Way of Water!

Thank you my brother and I hope you enjoy them as well and we get some serious bo discussions on another crazy run that only James can give us this year. Don't forget to try a 4dx viewing also Brother Shawn..When done right the experience is wild!! Avatar 2 is definitely the one to take 4dx format to new heights

!🏋‍♀️

"Where ever we go this Family is Our Fortress!"

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

I need some advice on how I should approach watching this. Due to Xmas/family commitments, I can either watch this on opening night, but in a small, standard 2D theatre. 

OR I can wait until the 20th and watch it in IMAX 3D. But I would have to wait 5 extra days to watch it.

What do the Avatar/Cameron fans think?

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I need some advice on how I should approach watching this. Due to Xmas/family commitments, I can either watch this on opening night, but in a small, standard 2D theatre. 

OR I can wait until the 20th and watch it in IMAX 3D. But I would have to wait 5 extra days to watch it.

What do the Avatar/Cameron fans think?

Just see it in 2D. The movie will be just fine without all those bells and whistles

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1