Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

32 minutes ago, adaros said:

I was expecting for A2 similar ratings that first Avatar got which we see now(other than lower MC, rest of places looks similar).
Avatar 2 was never going to make crazy ratings like TG:M did with so many people online and irl just laughing over Avatar for last 12 years. As you said it was never generally beloved thing like LOTR was.  

Yes it was,  but Avatar was meant at first to be a single movie. WBS got behind LOTR and turned that awesome franchise into VGs, Board Games , you name it lol.  When Avatar 1 came out actually everyone was saying it was the best experience they have ever had and one of the best movies of all time.. Its over the years some have got these hate cults going for the movie.  

Titanic definitely is the best James Cameron film(To me Titanic way better than LOTR in spectacle and quality and rewatchability)  in overall quality along with T2 and then the Avatar movies in my opinion. Then Honourable mentions to Aliens 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Agreed I do think the first is more of the Spectacle and wonder as it was the first breakthrough of its kind with this surround 3D tech and realism.. But boy Avatar and big LOTR and folks who loved Titanic will be watching this Im sure for 2-4 viewings and if we get a percentage of America them domestic heights may know no bounds. 

Im Stoke too man to see what me and the wife missed with the 2D good size but not 60-120Foot screens of a good Super IMax or 4DX theater... So Doing my part too..

" AVATAR DOMINATION BEGINS!"" LETS GO!! 

Loved the kids and this one Cameron did what other filmmakers fail to do. He made the heroes out of not only the main cast but some suprise ones as well.. Loved that part of the story and  the Family Dynamics as well.

Kals rating of 2D   Version 4.8 out of 5

Avatar 1 2D Extended Version 5 out 5

The audience scores have been great so far Sheldon. Our lofty predictions are far from dead, especially with Christmas week coming.

WOM should be pretty stellar too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

The audience scores have been great so far Sheldon. Our lofty predictions are far from dead, especially with Christmas week coming.

I know we got the BKBs, and OZys wanting so bad this film to underperform. But after seeing this movie in just 2D.. Im more confident than ever that  2B mark is a lock and we can reach 3B. Even if China does 350-400m

One thing for sure TGM is done domestically and WW.. So now we see where Avatar 2 Lands brother Stuart.

I hope it beats TGM domestically by 150-300M and still makes another 1.5B-2B +OS.. 

Christmas is going to be epic my brother  just saw it man(Gave it 4 out 5- Said boy it was long lol) , the good thing he is already going to see it again with my nephews and nieces :),  Hopefully it becomes the neverending family affair this winter through Jan 

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Update
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I know we got the BKBs, and OZys wanting so bad this film to underperform. But after seeing this movie in just 2D.. Im more confident than ever that  2B mark is a lock and we can reach 3B. Even if China does 350-400m

One thing for sure TGM is done domestically and WW.. So now we see where Avatar 2 Lands brother Stuart.

I hope it beats TGM domestically by 150-300M and still makes another 1.5B-2B +OS.. 

Christmas is going to be epic my brother  just saw it man(Gave it 4 out 5- Said boy it was long lol) , the good thing he is already going to see it again with my nephews and nieces :),  Hopefully it becomes the neverending family affair this winter through Jan 

These are weak numbers. Frankly, the way it's headed, 5.5B is the floor.

• Astonished 1

This guy has almost 12 million subs, says he's been the Scrooge of Avatar, a very harsh critic, but he loved TWOW, says "it's a three-hour movie but somehow it felt like an hour" and "I really thought they were going to drop the ball here and flounder because they have so many characters ... but somehow they actually do a good job of making you care about their fate."

"I really do recommend checking it out even if you didn't like the first one I actually think this one has a much better chance of winning you over and selling you on the Avatar Universe because this does everything the first one aimed to do better. I never thought I'd watch a three hour film and ask for more immediately after but I really am extremely excited to see the third one now."

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, danziger said:

This guy has almost 12 million subs, says he's been the Scrooge of Avatar, a very harsh critic, but he loved TWOW, says "it's a three-hour movie but somehow it felt like an hour" and "I really thought they were going to drop the ball here and flounder because they have so many characters ... but somehow they actually do a good job of making you care about their fate."

"I really do recommend checking it out even if you didn't like the first one I actually think this one has a much better chance of winning you over and selling you on the Avatar Universe because this does everything the first one aimed to do better. I never thought I'd watch a three hour film and ask for more immediately after but I really am extremely excited to see the third one now."

Critikal is a great YouTube personality, one of my personal favorites. So glad he thoroughly enjoyed it. T-90 minutes till my showtime!

Edited by Dragoncaine
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Critikal is a great YouTube personality, one of my personal favorites. So glad he thoroughly enjoyed it. T-90 minutes till my showtime!

Wow 12M subs and Emergency Awesome loved it and he has  around the same and nearly 5M subs on Youtube.. Tons of the skeptical are going to go see and love this movie indeed. Heck we decided to just walk on up late last night...  I really feel this will get at least 160-170M OW and at least 6X+ legs. 

I want that 850M Domestic or better yet 1Billion USD.

Maybe someone should start Avatar OVER  TGM by over a billion or under club at this point. ( Only Fair to have a club for that one with all the jealousy and strange hatred a few have in here for Cameron and Avatar and Titanic Fans lol)

Or DS No legs 2  Beat by 1.5B Over and Under club. Throw some sauce on the wounds of those saying

TGM  already Won the year  at the BO--LMAO or this will be Under DS2 WW --Hah hah

--LETS GET IT DONE!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

2 hours ago, stuart360 said:

7hrs ago. Digital spy projects 500m plus WW opening and  145-170m Ow. Late online  ticket buyers and walkins across the country have heard the positive feedback and

they are taking those multi flights to Pandora!!

I feel many of our domestic and WW lofty predicts will be realized bigtime brother Stewart.  Imagine this film gets 7x -8x multiplier. Both domestically and OS..Geezzz My goodness😱😱

'We'll  Send them the Message!"

" EVERYTHING CHANGED!"

"THAT THIS!!  " THIS IS OUR LAND!"

titanic revolutionary road GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

Absolutely loved that. The last hour is just relentless and the CGI is nothing short of astonishing when you compare it to any other movie. I was surprised by how engaged I was with the story as well, it repeats a few beats from the original but it’s still very much its own story. Didn’t feel like 192 minutes either.

I was a bit iffy on the variable HFR at first as I really noticed the judder when it went back to 24fps, I’m quite sensitive to that in videogames as well though so maybe I’m more prone to notice it as my Dad didn’t find it annoying or notice it at all. I got used to it though, and the 48fps stuff was very good, to the point where I wish Cameron had just done the whole thing in 48fps rather than switching. It’s much, much, much better HFR than The Hobbit.

Very much looking forward to Avatar 3.

• Like 5

2nd viewing today - TrueCutMotion isnt perfect, but better than pure 24p. The Judder stuff is intentionally .. 

(google TruCutMotion technology), and it doesn't make sense all the time. One of my minor concerns.

I am especially in Love with Cate Winslets Avatar..  ;)

Edited by chaos
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Absolutely loved that. The last hour is just relentless and the CGI is nothing short of astonishing when you compare it to any other movie. I was surprised by how engaged I was with the story as well, it repeats a few beats from the original but it’s still very much its own story. Didn’t feel like 192 minutes either.

I was a bit iffy on the variable HFR at first as I really noticed the judder when it went back to 24fps, I’m quite sensitive to that in videogames as well though so maybe I’m more prone to notice it as my Dad didn’t find it annoying or notice it at all. I got used to it though, and the 48fps stuff was very good, to the point where I wish Cameron had just done the whole thing in 48fps rather than switching. It’s much, much, much better HFR than The Hobbit.

Very much looking forward to Avatar 3.

Wow. Wonderful review brother Snokes and glad you liked it. How was the audience reactions. I'm pretty sure from the claps my audience is going to go again and see the better versions. I heard alot of expletives  and yeaahh. Love it. And rem this is the 2d version that my wife and i saw. Agreed on some beats repeated but shoot fans of Titan and orignal Avatar i think will like what Cameron snuck in there.👍💪😄

• Like 1

Clapping isnt a thing here, but you saw tears in almost every eye  and after that everyone looked happy   ..  hard to explain..

This movie will make a shitton of money and it deserves it..

Edited by chaos

9 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wow. Wonderful review brother Snokes and glad you liked it. How was the audience reactions. I'm pretty sure from the claps my audience is going to go again and see the better versions. I heard alot of expletives  and yeaahh. Love it. And rem this is the 2d version that my wife and i saw. Agreed on some beats repeated but shoot fans of Titan and orignal Avatar i think will like what Cameron snuck in there.👍💪😄

I’m in the UK and Brits generally don’t react audibly to films so it was pretty silent throughout, but I heard positive comments on the way out, so that’s encouraging.

Endgame is basically the only film I’ve seen here where the collective audience in London went nuts like it was a football game, it was certainly an experience to witness something like that, but I’m honestly kind of glad that it was a one off. I’d find whooping and hollering at the screen annoying if it happened all the time.

I implore James Cameron to please please move his fetish away from avatar and make other movies, if only he focused on terminator this way we wouldn’t have a dead terminator franchise after 3 . There is so much potential and he is wasting it on a cinematic tech demo. Please make a movie with characters we care about like your past films 

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, hasanahmad said:

I implore James Cameron to please please move his fetish away from avatar and make other movies, if only he focused on terminator this way we wouldn’t have a dead terminator franchise after 3 . There is so much potential and he is wasting it on a cinematic tech demo. Please make a movie with characters we care about like your past films 

None of his old movies need or should have sequels. This is clearly his passion project, why would he want to do anything else? Why would WE want him to do anything else? 

• Like 3

I think Avatar 2 is among the top 4 James Cameron movie

+

visually the most beautiful movie

+

RAISED THE BAR of VFX to whole new level

+

better than Avatar 1 in both visual and emotional aspect

+

all the other movies' 3D is laughable compared to Avatar 2

+

During the whole 3 hours and 12 minutes time of the movie the thought will never occurred to you that this is a fully animated and motion captured movie .... You will simply believe that James Cameron has done it all on camera physically.......⁩

Do you need more from a movie going experience ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRISTAN said:

I think Avatar 2 is among the top 4 James Cameron movie

+

visually the most beautiful movie

+

RAISED THE BAR of VFX to whole new level

+

better than Avatar 1 in both visual and emotional aspect

+

all the other movies' 3D is laughable compared to Avatar 2

+

During the whole 3 hours and 12 minutes time of the movie the thought will never occurred to you that this is a fully animated and motion captured movie .... You will simply believe that James Cameron has done it all on camera physically.......⁩

Do you need more from a movie going experience ?

That's my biggest takeaway here. I thought it was real and that I was in the world especially when I saw it in 3D. We do not get to experience that from a movie anymore these days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragoncaine said:

What's funny my fellow Pandorians all the hate and nonsense about black Adam beating avatar  2 guys.

Well they unfortunately just fired Henry Caville( Shoot him I liked and wanted to see in a true MO2 sequel) and now the rock. And black Adam officially is a disaster( Looks theyĺl be no black adam 2-lol ). How do like those apples lol

Jake Sully and Nefeteri just stomped all over the Black Adam over A2 naysayers folks. Guess who's next 😉

This is Our land!!

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating