Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

What's different?

the monday being 4 days before chritsmas and not 5?. It's exactly the same kind of release.

Christmas Eve on SAT vs THU - 2 day difference

Less schools might be out on MON because of that.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Dont really get the celebrating over 16mil Monday by the haters on here. I had a 750-800mil total and i had the first Monday at 17mil!.

Granted my total almost certainly isnt going to happen anymore but still i dont see a 16mil first Monday as terrible.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Dont really get the celebrating over 16mil Monday by the haters on here. I had a 750-800mil total and i had the first Monday at 17mil!.

Granted my total almost certainly isnt going to happen anymore but still i dont see a 16mil first Monday as terrible.

You just never know. Lets see what the days and OW 2-OW4 show my friend. Remember Titan started so slow... And had a 21X multiplier.. So your total is far from over. Especially if they do the typical extra Ad Push with Award Nominations and Must See Push that they do for Cameron helmed Juggernauts.

Funny how some here thought BP2 and DS2 would beat everything and Black Adam would be a 700M to 1B plus Blockbuster and blow away Avatar.. And no one remembers our franchise Brother Stewart.

But Rock is fired... Black Adam a Total Cluster bomb and DS2 a Let down. 

BP2 a total Letdown costing almost 400M with advertising and barely passing 800M WW. 

And We are still here with our Avatar 2 looking at high 650- 800+M Domestic or more and OS tally of 1.5-1.6B ;)  . Gotta Love how things are going and maybe just maybe  China will rebound and some of these places like India will super perform and  we'll start having a shot at the number 2 alltime and even Avatar itself. 

I dont think we should rule out that  major territories super performing and making up for Russia and Japan etc. SK continues to pickup as well. 

Cant believe after 13 years, James has another 2B+WW winner incoming.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

5 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

You just never know. Lets see what the days and OW 2-OW4 show my friend. Remember Titan started so slow... And had a 21X multiplier.. So your total is far from over. Especially if they do the typical extra Ad Push with Award Nominations and Must See Push that they do for Cameron helmed Juggernauts.

Funny how some here thought DS2 would beat everything and Black Adam would be a 700M to 1B plus Blockbuster and blow away Avatar.. And no one remembers our franchise Brother Stewart.

But Rock is fired... Black Adam a Total Cluster bomb and DS2 a Let down.

And We are still here with our Avatar 2 looking at high 700M Domestic or more and OS tally of 1.5-1.6B or more ;)  

Bro I found you always repeat Titanic history but do this film have same great WOM and social influence like Titanic?

12 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Bro I found you always repeat Titanic history but do this film have same great WOM and social influence like Titanic?

Of course not, but your missing the point. All those fans are part of the Cameron Fanbase. You just need a small percentage of the Cameron,Comic and general public love for his work to show up over the long haul and you get the numbers Domestic and OS.. Titanic is my favorite film of all time btw.

Remember 200+M tickets between Titanic and Avatar Domestically and over 500+M tickets sold WW. That doesnt include the 70-80M units of Titanic or 40-50M units of Avatar sold at home and all the social influence stuff you mentioned of both.

Thats alot of ticket potential Bruce.. Hence why media is still not counting Avatar 2 out of becoming the number 1 -number 2 all time worldwide. Thats how myself and just a few people saw the potential and we stated  Avatar 1 would likely destroy everything and get close to 3B WW. That was way back in 2009.. And Im certain alot of those fans are coming back for the sequel if its in their power to do so. 

Hence  that cool post that even at the risk of Quarantine folks in China still trying to get to the theaters... Cameron Power at its finest. Folks came through storms back in 2009 as well to show up for Avatar 1 all over the world, including the entire Northern East Side(One of the reasons for the sluggish 77M OW)

The waters are little different, but most of those fans are alive Im betting and are adults or up in their 50s-60s and will bring their children to this.. Those fans do not rush out OW1 and OW2, but they show up :)

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating

7 minutes ago, Bruce said:

PS  Audience Score is at 95% and Polls on AOL and other spots average 4 or 5/5 

Thats pretty strong WOM Brother Bruce(Not Titanic level, but what film is on titanic level WOM) lol

titanic king of the world GIF

1 hour ago, stuart360 said:

16.75 😄 ,,   And 1b ww in under 2 weeks Im thinking.  Avatar 2 Over TGM WW by early January! :).  Hoping we surpass it domestically by end of Jan or Early Feb. :)

" WE'LL SEND THE NAYSAYERS THE MESSAGE!"

Movie Fox GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Do not bet against James Cameron, but have to prepare for the possibility that this will end up grossing less than Top Gun Maverick Domestic and Possibly Worldwide.

Unlikely Worldwide, and Im rooting for it to destroy TGM domestically.. Just needs those Cameron Holds brother Stream.  Lets keep watching OWs 2-OW 4 .  Cant see the fans not wanting to see this masterpiece Cameron Delivered!

Avatar 2 Way of the Water Box Office Domestic and WW Road Destroying Naysayers:

(13 Years in the Making--The King Has Returned!)

Best TGM's  OW of 126M( With likely much Better legs)

Best Black Adam WW in 48HRs(Lol)

Doubles Avatar 1 OW

Surpasses DS2  and BP 2 WW  in under 2 Weeks 

On its way to Surpass Black Panther 1 and 2 Domestic and  WW shortly. 

I wonder how soon to pass the 1.4B of Maverick and the 1.9B WW  of NWH?

Stay Tuned

Lots more of milestones to be added Pandorians!!

Best Picture and  Best Director Golden Globe And Oscars very Likely. :)

---" LETS GET IT DONE!" 

Watch it go over 17mil with actuals.

Thats one of the tedious things about people on here, 17mil Monday and its '600mil is locked!', 16mil Monday and its 'This isnt hitting 300mil is it?'.

People need to top take it easy. If Christmas weekdays dont hit 100+mil, then i'll start 'worrying'.

Edited by stuart360

37 minutes ago, StreamBO said:

Do not bet against James Cameron, but have to prepare for the possibility that this will end up grossing less than Top Gun Maverick Domestic

Def a possibility. Thank God there is more to the world than just the US though.

The WW number is all i care about to be honest.

Edited by stuart360
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Watch it go over 17mil with actuals.

Thats one of the tedious things about people on here, 17mil Monday and its '600mil is locked!', 16mil Monday and its 'This isnt hitting 300mil is it?'.

People need to top take it easy. If Christmas weekdays dont hit 100+mil, then i'll start 'worrying'.

Yep and thats highly unlikely. Right Now we Have Collider and others saying Avatar should easily reach 640-700M Domestic range, with much on the table if it proves as leggy as its predecessor. So Shoot our film is doing well Brother Stewart.  And we may have suprises for Maverick down the road. Really the main thing is beating all the films Worldwide. And Avatar 2 Way of the Water looks to beat everything by horse lengths in the end. 

And hmm I guess its a shock to the naysayers system, 

that after 13 yrs absent.... Pandorians take the year again :D

39 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Def a possibility. Thank God there is more to the world than just the US though.

The WW number is all i care about to be honest.

Yep and though you never say never till we get actual numbers. Its nearly impossible for Maverick to survive the WW race as we go into 2023.. Avatar 2 should be well past TGM by mid January if not sooner. Im hoping we have some suprises for Maverick as the domestic winner if all goes well left in the legs of A2 indeed.

Those Black Adam for 1Billion and DS2 over Avatar 2 jokers have left the building brother Stewart!!

" Where Ever We Go!"  " Pandorians Everywhere Are Our Fortress!"

Movie Star GIF

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Editing post

2 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Yep and thats highly unlikely. Right Now we Have Collider and others saying Avatar should easily reach 640-700M Domestic range, with much on the table if it proves as leggy as its predecessor. So Shoot our film is doing well Brother Stewart.  And we may have suprises for Maverick down the road. Really the main thing is beating all the films Worldwide. And Avatar 2 Way of the Water looks to beat everything by horse lengths in the end. 

And hmm I guess its a shock to the naysayers system, 

that after 13 yrs absent.... Pandorians take the year again :D

End of the day Brother Sheldon, its going to be the biggest film of the year worldwide. Lets see the haters spin that into a negative.

6 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

End of the day Brother Sheldon, its going to be the biggest film of the year worldwide. Lets see the haters spin that into a negative.

Still laughing on the predicts and DS2 is a lock to smash everything and even  Black Adam will Smash Avatar.

LOL Best Black Adam Worldwide in 48HRs lol.

Stomps on DS2 AND BP2  within 12-14 days lol... Flawless Victory Brother Stewart!  Flawless Victory!

Hopefully we stomp FA WW and Land at least near over Titanic or better. :) Goal for now 2.1B WW or better.

Imagine if OS doesnt stop with great numbers in places Like India, SK and China Picks up to over 400M. And everywhere else has incredible Legs.. 

Some of the loftiest predicts may come to pass in a Pandemic!!- Wow..

So exciting a Run to watch my brother!!. 

" LETS GET IT DONE!"