Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

33 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

It would be interesting for sure but do I think there is a chance of it actually happening? No. 😄

Hah hah agreed. But funny folks asked JC  and Kate lol( jc is actually open to him and Matt Damon coming in..No 250 mil for Matt this time tho).

🦝😄

" Why do you come to us?"

" I just want to keep my family safe!"

The Yahoo Finance expert said on Tuesday that TWOW was unlikely to beat Maverick WW, even though it was beyond obvious by then that it would obliterate it. I've seen several other supposed experts similarly lowballing where TWOW is headed. During the OW Drudge Report for days ran headlines saying it was "struggling." Thankfully I've found real experts here who've helped keep me informed on what's actually happening.

Edited by danziger
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, danziger said:

The Yahoo Finance expert said on Tuesday that TWOW was unlikely to beat Maverick WW, even though it was beyond obvious by then that it would obliterate it. I've seen several other supposed experts similarly lowballing where TWOW is headed. During the OW Drudge Report for days ran headlines saying it was "struggling." Thankfully I've found real experts here who've helped keep me informed on what's actually happening.

I think some of them for whatever reason try their best to hate on Cameron and avatar..Likely because of that woke agenda.push and Camerons films usay show great female characters can get along with male testorone touting.heroes we can root for.😄. Which as we can see folks don't like the woke message and politics pushed in everything. We want great stories and characters we can root for.

And it's good to see males shine big in the top 2 films and not one trace of woke men hating stuff put in A2 or Maverick.  For example I was all excited at She-Hulk but man the pushing the men are toxic and who needs stupid man crazy.bull ( while the character is constantly shopping on the web for a bf mind you-lmao)was too much for me

. Glad everyone abandoned that ship. She-Hulk won't be back

I enjoyed Werewolf by night movie though. I think you'll like that one brother Danz. Old Hero character from marvels monster here comics genre with a touch of old school style horror. And showed you can have a male lead and female lead who are both likeable and it works without agenda shoved in

I hope they explore that part of the marvel universe more. Change things up a bit. I gave Werewolf by night

3.8/5

1 hour ago, danziger said:

star wars GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

I think some of them for whatever reason try their best to hate on Cameron and avatar..Likely because of that woke agenda.push and Camerons films usay show great female characters can get along with male testorone touting.heroes we can root for.😄. Which as we can see folks don't like the woke message and politics pushed in everything. We want great stories and characters we can root for.

And it's good to see males shine big in the top 2 films and not one trace of woke men hating stuff put in A2 or Maverick.  For example I was all excited at She-Hulk but man the pushing the men are toxic and who needs stupid man crazy.bull ( while the character is constantly shopping on the web for a bf mind you-lmao)was too much for me

. Glad everyone abandoned that ship. She-Hulk won't be back

I enjoyed Werewolf by night movie though. I think you'll like that one brother Danz. Old Hero character from marvels monster here comics genre with a touch of old school style horror. And showed you can have a male lead and female lead who are both likeable and it works without agenda shoved in

I hope they explore that part of the marvel universe more. Change things up a bit. I gave Werewolf by night

3.8/5

Thanks for the rec., hard for me to watch anything Marvel but I'll give it a shot.  I'm against the anti-woke faction tho for many reasons too off-topic here, so I'll just say from the very beginning they've driven hate against Cameron and Avatar because of its strong environmentalist, pro-indigenous & anti-imperialist themes. I've had a lot of debates with these people where they openly defended the humans or said they were portrayed too negatively. They hated how Na'vi culture was shown to be vastly superior to Western culture. Jake was saved repeatedly by Neytiri and was taught by her and the Na'vi to be a far better person. So Avatar seems far more "woke" than anything I've seen or heard about from Marvel or Star Wars.

It's true TWOW is getting some praise from these people for the pro-family/father figure stuff, but from what I've seen they trash or ignore everything else the movie stands for. What about Payakan? I only see them ridicule him. Cameron made these movies mainly to speak against environmental destruction and get us to change our ways before it's too late, but they don't want to hear about it.

Anyway, of course there are always exceptions and part of the problem is there are so many different and conflicting definitions of "woke," it's hard to know what anyone means by it.

I checked out the release schedule for the next two months. I wouldn't be surprised if Avatar 2 win 9 weekends in a row as the first film to do so in XXI century. I think the record of the last 23 years is the first Avatar - 7 weekends as the #1 on the box office chart.

Ofc, I know it wouldn't have happen if not covid (TG:M also wouldn't have such amazing legs if it was released during full-packed summer 2020).

1 minute ago, Juby said:

I checked out the release schedule for the next two months. I wouldn't be surprised if Avatar 2 win 9 weekends in a row as the first film to do so in XXI century. I think the record of the last 23 years is the first Avatar - 7 weekends as the #1 on the box office chart.

Ofc, I know it wouldn't have happen if not covid (TG:M also wouldn't have such amazing legs if it was released during full-packed summer 2020).

That would be lovely if it happened but i think that M3ghan film will probably win the weekend it opens. It seems to have a bit of buzz behind it, and seen quite a lot of poeple talking about it online.

But MEGAN is looking for max. $30-35m. If it was Avatar's 5th or 6th weekend - sure. But on the fourth Avatar weekend can still go for $45-50m. After that, the next big thing (more than $15m OW) is Ant-Man on Feb 17th (Avatar's 10th weekend). I don't think even Titanic's re-release on PLFs screens a week earlier will top A2.

Edited by Juby

6 minutes ago, Juby said:

But MEGAN is looking for max. $30-35m. If it was Avatar's 5th or 6th weekend - sure. But on the fourth Avatar weekend can still go for $45-50m. After that, the next big thing (more than $15m OW) is Ant-Man on Feb 17th (Avatar's 10th weekend). I don't think even Titanic's re-release on PLFs screens a week earlier will top A2.

Based on what I’m looking at, Megan will be lucky to hit 20M OW. Hell, even 15M may not happen.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Juby said:

But MEGAN is looking for max. $30-35m. If it was Avatar's 5th or 6th weekend - sure. But on the fourth Avatar weekend can still go for $45-50m. After that, next big thing (more than $15m OW) is Ant-Man on Feb 17th.

I agree with the first part, but not with $45-50m 4th weekend.  If it were to stay flat this weekend, 64m > 45m is a 29% drop post-holiday.  Which is technically doable, but require staying at least FLAT this weekend.  

However, if it drops 15% or so this weekend to $54.4m then it would take a 17% drop to get to $45m, which seems highly unlikely after a holiday.  

49 minutes ago, Juby said:

Wait i had the dates mixed up, i thought that M3gan was releasing on A2's 6th weekend.

2 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Finally watched it. It was okay but I did pass out a couple of times since I was tired as hell. My nephews and nieces loved it and want to go again so I'll probably do that on discount Tuesday.

I’ll talk my opinion about A2 this time 

The story is not good,too many logic bug and the cut is not really the James Cameron level

Other element for the movie is good,so I’ll keep my confience on JC in next film

Edited by Bruce

Don’t watch me happy with what A2 did at box office,but as a matter of fact I am a little disappointed with this one after watching is 3rd time,The plot is slow,the story is full of logic problem 

Visual is good,is mind-blowing,it’s deserve every highly admire,but not do the similar thing  as A1 did(The revolution of 3D)

I give this one 6/10 ,maybe 5/10 consider is James Cameron movie

My personal view of other JC movie:

Titanic(9/10)

T2(9.5/10)[maybe a bit high but is my childhood,I have the nostalgia)

Aliens(7/10)

True Line(8/10)

Edited by Bruce