Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I seriously can't find five people on Gods green earth that cares about this movie.

^^  :dunce::WHATanabe: Lol I think you must live on a island of 5 lol.

Hmm 40+M Units sold on HV, nothing like it since the 90s. 3B almost from BO alone and another 7b+ and climbing as a franchise.

Disney pays Fox and Cameron proably near a billion to build Pandora themed Avatar attractions in their parks.

I think people care about every nook and cranny when it comes to Avatar.. Now will James live up to the hype for the third time.

I feel he will :)

Edited by Superman001

AJG is British as well. I think we have a tighter grasp on the UK General public than you kal.

Not if you say Skyfall was bigger than Titanic And Avatar in UK.

Then you have seriously lost your grip on things in the movie BOX world. All you have to do is go back to videos of the hysteria of Titanic and Avatar vs Skyfall. Which came and went.

They are still talking about titanic in UK and Avatar and dying to see whats next for the worlds pound for pound  biggest movie franchise.

Bond is the biggest franchise in terms of longevity and films made though. So cheers on that :)

I do here a lot of people talk about Avatar which is surprising given the fact its over 5 years old. Not like it matters anyways, Take Inception for example, I never here anyone mention that movie but that doesn't;t mean people forgot it existed.

However Kal, Avatar 2, no matter how good will not top Skyfalls gross in the UK. Skyfall earned about 10% more than Avatar despite being a 2d movie. About 1 in 6 people in the UK went to see Skyfall in cinemas lol. Avatar 2 will definitely see a drop

AJG is British as well. I think we have a tighter grasp on the UK General public than you kal.

Also Im pretty sure both of you were saying Avatar would flop and was impossible to do the numbers Neo and myself and maybe 5 others supported as possibilities back in mojo days.

So why are you acting like you represent UK LOL... Brother please.

Also Im pretty sure both of you were saying Avatar would flop and was impossible to do the numbers Neo and myself and maybe 5 others supported as possibilities back in mojo days.

Don't assume shit about me Kal. I saw Avatar 11 times in the cinema, and bought a £90 collectors edition boxset. I fucking love the film. I Also happen to live in a place called the real world. I know plenty of people that didn't like the film, same as Skyfall, but unless you were there you cannot compare the gigantic cultural hysteria that film created.

And as for Titanic being talked about still, that was a real life fucking disaster. Unlike Avatar and Skyfall there are so many other aspects of that topic to discuss than just a film.

you are such a billy bullshitter. You say this about every poster that disagrees with you, and given you are always wrong, that's a lot of people

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

I do here a lot of people talk about Avatar which is surprising given the fact its over 5 years old. Not like it matters anyways, Take Inception for example, I never here anyone mention that movie but that doesn't;t mean people forgot it existed.

However Kal, Avatar 2, no matter how good will not top Skyfalls gross in the UK. Skyfall earned about 10% more than Avatar despite being a 2d movie. About 1 in 6 people in the UK went to see Skyfall in cinemas lol. Avatar 2 will definitely see a drop

Well they said that about Titanic and Avatars run over the top besties in UK Jessie.

Rem Cameron took the records from UK in 1997 and 2009.. Also bigger advertising in UK than Avatar and I might ad far less 3D theaters.. UKs got way more 3D, and Digiital 4k and regular 3D theaters to assure that a far bigger lionshare will see Avatar 2 sequel  and keep coming back for more.

Bottomline is your movie has to draw people in to pay those premium prices. UK wants something to shake them up again as does most of the other countries around the world.

Im obliged to think Cameron can take the record in UK for the third time in a row. :)

Terminator 2 might have taken the record back in 1991 as well. Does anyone know? So its not guaranteed but it could happen jessie.

You know and I know , you should never underestimate James Cameron and now hes added the Apes Screenwriter to his merry crew of worldbreaker   phenoms.

Cameron, Horner and team.. Yeehaw

Don't assume shit about me Kal. I saw Avatar 11 times in the cinema, and bought a £90 collectors edition boxset. I fucking love the film. I Also happen to live in a place called the real world. I know plenty of people that didn't like the film, same as Skyfall, but unless you were there you cannot compare the gigantic cultural hysteria that film created.

And as for Titanic being talked about still, that was a real life fucking disaster. Unlike Avatar and Skyfall there are so many other aspects of that topic to discuss than just a film.

Well I apologize, I was confusing you with some haters from UK who called me and others supporting Cameron yrs before Avatar that the Project 887 or something like that would go beyond uber boxoffice and had a chance to beat Camerons own dominant Titan.

True, but its nots other versions of Titanic that are being talked about its the magic of James Camerons version of Titanic that provokes discussions in UK and worldwide chatrooms.

Skyfall was impressive, but you Cameron has taken down your top law dogs before is what Im saying.. Lets not call Skyfall unbreakable just yet, because now UK has far more awesome 3D cinemas to show Avatar 2 right.. And that was a problem back in 2009 , but it still made records in UK>

I saw james Cameron film 9-11 times as well, and the amazing thing is looking at videos online of people in the UK doing the same thing.. This time there wont be a shortage of amazing 3D chains to show the movie the way that has the most impact.

How can one possible know what james Camerons new breakthroughs and sense memory surround 3d , directing , music and writing tour de fore will bring forth in 2017.

I mean it may post some say as high as 500-600+M in China alone. That is scary.

I believe all those Cameron fans will return, to the tune of beating Skyfall??? We will see. And no Im not saying its a lock, but chances are good. :)

Edited by Superman001

Well they said that about Titanic and Avatars run over the top besties in UK Jessie.

Rem Cameron took the records from UK in 1997 and 2009.. Also bigger advertising in UK than Avatar and I might ad far less 3D theaters.. UKs got way more 3D, and Digiital 4k and regular 3D theaters to assure that a far bigger lionshare will see Avatar 2 sequel  and keep coming back for more.

Bottomline is your movie has to draw people in to pay those premium prices. UK wants something to shake them up again as does most of the other countries around the world.

Im obliged to think Cameron can take the record in UK for the third time in a row. :)

Terminator 2 might have taken the record back in 1991 as well. Does anyone know? So its not guaranteed but it could happen jessie.

You know and I know , you should never underestimate James Cameron and now hes added the Apes Screenwriter to his merry crew of worldbreaker   phenoms.

Cameron, Horner and team.. Yeehaw

Cameron may do it again, but not with Avatar 2.

Well I apologize, I was confusing you with some haters from UK who called me and others supporting Cameron yrs before Avatar that the Project 887 or something like that would go beyond uber boxoffice and had a chance to beat Camerons own dominant Titan.

True, but its nots other versions of Titanic that are being talked about its the magic of James Camerons version of Titanic that provokes discussions in UK and worldwide chatrooms.

Skyfall was impressive, but you Cameron has taken down your top law dogs before is what Im saying.. Lets not call Skyfall unbreakable just yet, because now UK has far more awesome 3D cinemas to show Avatar 2 right.. And that was a problem back in 2009 , but it still made records in UK>

I believe all those Cameron fans will return, to the tune of beating Skyfall??? We will see. And no Im not saying its a lock, but chances are good. :)

I actually agree about the 3d screens, it was hard finding cinemas that were 3d compatible when Avatar was out.

I actually agree about the 3d screens, it was hard finding cinemas that were 3d compatible when Avatar was out.

I telll you so many people told me in uk forums back in the day that Avatar would have made a 100+ M more if they had enough 3D screens. This sequel run is going to be very very interesting. And Im not talking about just in China , Austraila, SK, Japan etc. :)

UK , RUSSIA, Brazil and other places are territorries we should be watching all time records to perhaps fall yet again.

And on that it cant happen in UK. It happened with Titanic and Avatar back to back. We will agree to disagree on that one.

I do think Battle Angelita might put Cameron in the all time list yet again.. Its crazy how much attention his major projects gather and shoot this is 7 yrs later for the release of Juggernuat 2017... Wow.

Who the hell can pull this shit off.. .James cameron is THE APEX Predator of Film Making

Skyfall hit £102m in 2D compared to Avatar's £93m in 3D.

ANd guess what FTW , Fox and Cameron were upset that UK simply didnt have  anything close to the amount of 3D arenas they wanted to show their masterpiece. Things have changed.

See that difference, I think if this film is as good as T2 was over Terminator and with new goodies. OMG records could fall fast my friend.

Never in the history of filmmaking has there been a 2B+WW  sequel lock. And that is how big This film is.

Skyfall was 102.1m and Avatar 94.0m

And Avatar had a massive 3D share. Take that away, and you'd be looking at 80m. Skyfall was easily bigger.

Skyfall also had 7 weeks less in IMAX (it got replaced by the last Twilight movie) as well as it didn't recieve a Special Edition release the following summer.

Skyfall was 102.1m and Avatar 94.0m

And Avatar had a massive 3D share. Take that away, and you'd be looking at 80m. Skyfall was easily bigger.

Sorry like I said ... UK didnt haven enough 3D theaters or Avatar would have done 50-100 million more. That is what everyone is saying, put Bond in 3D. No one would have seen it as much times as Avatar at those premium Prices.

Pandora is a whole new kind of machine Noctis... Simple as that.. Now UK has the 3D Arenas.. This is going to be epic!!