Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

might bring too much terminator focus to the movie and Cameron may be happy with Sigourney as one of his go to superstars from yesteryear. But i hope your right on this raiden

Too much terminator focus? It would bring back memories of their wonderful collaborations and bring a lot of positive publicity with the two re teaming once more. Plus Cameron can help bring out the best in Arnold and help people remember why he's such a legend!

I see nothing but the potential for legendary scenes, memorable quotes (can you imagine Arnold coming face to face with Jake for the first time? He'd make Quaritch look like a kitten!) and easy cash on the table. Make it happen!

Records  Avatar will command.

Fastest to  1billion. Fastest to 2 billion. Fastest and only one to hit 3 billion.

Worlds first 800+M domestic in 1 Run.

World records for 2nd weekend -4th Domestically and OS  Shatter at least 12 countries OW and All time runs.

3billion+ For Avatar LETS GO!!!

Did fastest really have to be said. Why would it stop at the 4th wknd record?

Also Im pretty sure both of you were saying Avatar would flop and was impossible to do the numbers Neo and myself and maybe 5 others supported as possibilities back in mojo days.

So why are you acting like you represent UK LOL... Brother please.

Like 400M/1B?

you are such a billy bullshitter. You say this about every poster that disagrees with you, and given you are always wrong, that's a lot of people

There were a lot of 200M predicts for Avatar and under 800M WW and wouldn't surprise me if you were one of them. I don't know for sure, but Kal can go off sometimes but that post was accurate.

Cameron may do it again, but not with Avatar 2.

So much fail here. Yes Cameron might do it again, but don't know which movie it is. You are on the opposite side of Kal on this, thinking of calling you kal jr. Give it a rest.

There were a lot of 200M predicts for Avatar and under 800M WW and wouldn't surprise me if you were one of them. I don't know for sure, but Kal can go off sometimes but that post was accurate.

he predicts massive numbers for absolutely everything. 1b for TASM2, Godzilla like 600m domestic for Transformers 2 if I remember correctly. He is the very definition of the saying 'a broken clock is right twice a day' (much like you come to think about it, except you are one of those clocks that just runs slowly, always completely off the mark and never right)

He put up his usual looney prediction for Avatar, like it did a lot of movies that year and to everyone's shock (and most likely his too) he came through. That was 5 fucking years ago and the fact he still doesn't let that go just proves he's been a one trick pony. Instead of just staying quiet, the kid makes a fool of himself by prediction ludicrous numbers for every potential big movie, and never do they come through. And yes i had every right to call him a bullshitter, not because of his old prediction but more to do with the fact that when someone disagrees with him, he always makes up stories about that poster, claiming they were one of the guys who doubted him 5 years ago. Ive witnessed him do that so many times lol.

So much fail here. Yes Cameron might do it again, but don't know which movie it is. You are on the opposite side of Kal on this, thinking of calling you kal jr. Give it a rest.

excuse me? why should I give it a rest? i claim that Avatar 2 wont top Skyfall in the UK and you tell me there is so much fail there? and i should give it a rest? WOW, sorry for making a prediction on a box office prediction site. You are a mod neo, you should know better lol. The chances of Avatar 2 increasing are extremely slim at best, especially increasing 10% lol. If anything you should be called Kal Jr given how much shit you talk to anyone doubting some miraculous increase.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

The IMAX price increase is far higher than the 3D price increase, whatever Avatar lost in the apparent complete abyss of 3D theatres (which is also far from the truth) it MORE than made up for with IMAX.

If we had the same amount of 3D cinemas in 2009 that we do know, Avatar would probably have made £10m more but I highly doubt any extra. In general the UK is pretty cynical towards 3D these days too, I doubt Avatar 2 will have a major 3D increase. And no it won't beat Skyfall.

I don't even know why any of this matters. Having more 3D theatres doesn't make attendance figures better which is the only key factor in determining whether something is bigger than something else.

Edited by Dan9

1. 3D no longer has the same novelty
  2. The world of Pandora no longer has the same novelty
  3. It's a sequel
  4. There definitely does exist a level of backlash/negativity around the first film

These factors strongly indicate Avatar 2 doing less than Avatar. Two things to always remember though: 

1. James Cameron has a fantastic track record when it comes to sequels
  2. Even if Avatar 2 makes half of Avatar, that's still alot of money. 
  • Like 1

1. 3D no longer has the same novelty
  2. The world of Pandora no longer has the same novelty
  3. It's a sequel
  4. There definitely does exist a level of backlash/negativity around the first film

These factors strongly indicate Avatar 2 doing less than Avatar. Two things to always remember though: 

1. James Cameron has a fantastic track record when it comes to sequels
  2. Even if Avatar 2 makes half of Avatar, that's still alot of money. 

If you believe being a sequel hurts its chances at making more than lol. Well Cameron 3D and whats in store you have no idea. So wrong. Novelty? Pure guess as we have yet to see all of Pandora. So 1/4 batting .25 lol

he predicts massive numbers for absolutely everything. 1b for TASM2, Godzilla like 600m domestic for Transformers 2 if I remember correctly. He is the very definition of the saying 'a broken clock is right twice a day' (much like you come to think about it, except you are one of those clocks that just runs slowly, always completely off the mark and never right)

He put up his usual looney prediction for Avatar, like it did a lot of movies that year and to everyone's shock (and most likely his too) he came through. That was 5 fucking years ago and the fact he still doesn't let that go just proves he's been a one trick pony. Instead of just staying quiet, the kid makes a fool of himself by prediction ludicrous numbers for every potential big movie, and never do they come through. And yes i had every right to call him a bullshitter, not because of his old prediction but more to do with the fact that when someone disagrees with him, he always makes up stories about that poster, claiming they were one of the guys who doubted him 5 years ago. Ive witnessed him do that so many times lol.

excuse me? why should I give it a rest? i claim that Avatar 2 wont top Skyfall in the UK and you tell me there is so much fail there? and i should give it a rest? WOW, sorry for making a prediction on a box office prediction site. You are a mod neo, you should know better lol. The chances of Avatar 2 increasing are extremely slim at best, especially increasing 10% lol. If anything you should be called Kal Jr given how much shit you talk to anyone doubting some miraculous increase.

Well Avatar 2 is good as any movie to do it. lol lol lol And you should be called 95% jr (as in 95% of the board who are predicting drastic falls).

Jessie, just ignore. Everybody knows Kal and Neo both overpredict enormously for any movie that interests them. Don't waste your breath on them.

You fail again as where was my over predict for TWS, underpredicted GOTG.

I'm just trying to imagine the kind of run this movie will have. One of the biggest wildcards I've experienced. Who knows what the Box Office will be like in 2017? A sequel to the biggest film of all time that was ultimately forgotten.

Sorry, off on a tangent there...

• Like 1