Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Let it go Tele.. It's Neo and in no way is he going to listen to logic here... His mind is made up between him and Kal..

Like you Tele, lilmac and countless others have your mind made up on it. Love my sigs having you quoted not doing more than 400M. Also making a bet at 425M. Do you still think AOU will hurt Avatar 2's box office?

• Like 2

Can't see Avatar 2 dropping 200m+. It will have ~8 years of inflation over Avatar.

Also will bank on Cameroon to come up with something really imaginative for the sequel. I didn't love Avatar, thought it was pretty good, but still am gonna check out Avatar 2 just to see how he has imagined the rest of Pandora, and other worlds and cultures.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

Don't understand yes if it make 77M it will decrease but 120M+ OW and it will increase. With a 120M a 6.2X is needed and with a 130M OW a 5.7X is needed. Everyone thinking this will decrease by 200M must have this topping out at 85M OW.

Who's to say it will have around a 6 multiplier? It's a sequel after all.

I don't really buy that, though, BKB. It's not like people only see one movie a year. If the Avatar sequels sell the spectacle well, people will show up no matter what Marvel or other blockbuster movies came out six months earlier.

Not just that BKB thinks that a movie coming out May 2015 will hurt a movie's box office coming out over 2 years out. Its utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1

Cameron took 3D to a whole new level with this movie.. I'm done debating this for like the umpteenth time.. Neither side will budge on this so best to move on..

Will wait for response within a day or two. Would be the best thing in the world if you did stop posting here.

Can't see Avatar 2 dropping 200m+. It will have ~8 years of inflation over Avatar.

Also will bank on Cameroon to come up with something really imaginative for the sequel. I didn't love Avatar, thought it was pretty good, but still am gonna check out Avatar 2 just to see how he has imagined the rest of Pandora, and other worlds and cultures.

Best post I have seen so far. Neither on the drop side or the increase side. Neutral on both sides, but open to the possibility of an increase and has good reason why it will happen.

• Like 2

Will wait for response within a day or two. Would be the best thing in the world if you did stop posting here.

Neo, you are just rude, plain and simple. There in no need to treat BKB in such a way. Just because you don't agree with him is no reason to tell him that it would be the best thing in the world if he stopped posting here.

Neo, you are just rude, plain and simple. There in no need to treat BKB in such a way. Just because you don't agree with him is no reason to tell him that it would be the best thing in the world if he stopped posting here.

I am not rude, okay. He says he will stop posting here like he has done before and you know what he posts here again, big shocker. If you say something keep your word, but it doesn't surprise me about BKB as he doesn't honor bet terms here, so his word is shaky. I don't care about agreeing with him its so funny to see him post and will miss all those lol moments in the day. But just keep your word, if you say you won't post in this thread then don't, its true it would be great.

Edited by Neo

I am not rude, okay. He says he will stop posting here like he has done before and you know what he posts here again, big shocker. If you say something keep your word, but doesn't surprise me about BKB as he doesn't honor bet terms here, so his word is shaky. I don't care about agreeing with him its so funny to see him post and will miss all those lol moments in the day. But just keep your word, if you say you won't post in this thread then don't its true it would be great.

*eye roll *

Sometimes I feel like we should lock this bread until actual news comes out. :lol:

There was news nearly 10 pages ago

All of Avatar's social media channels have apparently become active again: http://mashable.com/2015/02/04/avatar-sequels-social-media/

Maybe a concrete announcement of some kind forthcoming?

Has been in the topic title since the 4th, but this is what we talk about in this thread. I wouldn't like to, but always turn into it.

Sometimes I feel like we should lock this bread until actual news comes out. :lol:

Maybe we could add an all-encompassing rule that, if a film has not yet started production, there must have been an article about said film from official studio sources or major publications in the last month for people to bump its thread (which would be linked to in the first post as proof).

Of course, this tangentially-related piece would still make this thread fair game

http://deadline.com/2015/01/giant-studios-closing-avatar-technology-james-cameron-1201348672/

Edited by tribefan695