Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Terminator 2 is on my list of the greatest sequels ever, and probably my favorite James Cameron film ever. The action and special effects are just plain fantastic.

It also gives me some hope for Avatar 2, since James Cameron is quite capable of making good sequels that deliver.

The fact he is letting others work with him in the writing department too Furious Archer the strong indeed is looking like this could take the title

from terminator 2 and aliens as the best sequels of all time :)

• Like 1

The fact he is letting others work with him in the writing department too Furious Archer the strong indeed is looking like this could take the title

from terminator 2 and aliens as the best sequels of all time :)

Although I think Cameron is a fine screenwriter (I don't hate Titantic's screenplay as much as some other people do), I'll admit, his best work tends to be when he works on a story / screenplay with someone else, as evident by the first two Terminators and Aliens.

Not sure about Avatar 2 being considered one of the best sequels of all time, but hey, anything's possible.

Edited by Furiousarcher

Anyone feel bad for avenger 2 loonies. The can of bo ass kicking is going to be of such lengths that marvel loonies may need a shrink. Wow av2 wont even make 460m and even with the expanded markets is struggling to reach 950 m os. Bravo pandorians we sunk this marvel pretender pretty dam fast. Dec 2017, we show disney how mega sequel bo is done baby.

Anyone feel bad for avenger 2 loonies. The can of bo ass kicking is going to be of such lengths that marvel loonies may need a shrink. Wow av2 wont even make 460m and even with the expanded markets is struggling to reach 950 m os. Bravo pandorians we sunk this marvel pretender pretty dam fast. Dec 2017, we show disney how mega sequel bo is done baby.

980.gif

• Like 1

Although I think Cameron is a fine screenwriter (I don't hate Titantic's screenplay as much as some other people do), I'll admit, his best work tends to be when he works on a story / screenplay with someone else, as evident by the first two Terminators and Aliens.

Not sure about Avatar 2 being considered one of the best sequels of all time, but hey, anything's possible.

it will be tuff to beat the writing of titanic and aliens and terminator 2, but yep it could happen my brother. Are yu shocked that avengers 2 will not only lose this battle big time, but could be beat by a 2billion plus gap lol. Sws looks huge, but a challenge to juggernaut 2?? Time will tell my archer. Time will tell. The force looks strong in this one

it will be tuff to beat the writing of titanic and aliens and terminator 2, but yep it could happen my brother. Are yu shocked that avengers 2 will not only lose this battle big time, but could be beat by a 2billion plus gap lol. Sws looks huge, but a challenge to juggernaut 2?? Time will tell my archer. Time will tell. The force looks strong in this one

I'm already aware Avengers 2 lost the summer battle, since Furious 7 basically beat its butt worldwide.

As for Avatar 2, well I'm interested to see how much it makes compared to The Force Awakens. It is or is it not a force to be awakened with. Time will only tell.

Edited by Insidearcher

If you were to count the amount of posts each poster has in this thread, you'll find that for every post a person makes, Kal will make 10 more in the same time.. It is like he's really the only one who cares about this and for a movie, what?? That's 3 years away??? Or is it 2??? Either way, were talking about a 8 to 9 year gap between the 1st movie and a lot has happened since then and people have moved on..

I know right  :lol:  say the slightest thing that could somehow be tangentially related to Avatar 2 and he'll make 5 posts saying why you're wrong, even when you haven't said anything at all.

But yeah. Despite the huge box office run, Avatar hasn't become the pop culture icon that other gigantic BO runs have, and with a decade long gap between the first and the sequel, audiences won't care anywhere near as much as they could have if this was released straight after the first film. But it'll make money from China, so eh.

• Like 1

Domestically, I almost agree with this.

OS, I think it will do much more than half the OG.

It could reach 1 billion worldwide, but right now I'm only expecting around 700M. Barely anyone gives two shits about Avatar anymore.

If you were to count the amount of posts each poster has in this thread, you'll find that for every post a person makes, Kal will make 10 more in the same time.. It is like he's really the only one who cares about this and for a movie, what?? That's 3 years away??? Or is it 2??? Either way, were talking about a 8 to 9 year gap between the 1st movie and a lot has happened since then and people have moved on..

rofl thats your avengers. Theres tens of thousands of communities dedicated to james cameron masterpiece. I love hoe now you guys film fell from grace, you really tjink the biggest film in the world and biggest hv seller sinve finding nemo is going to drop in fan support. Cameron epics are true box office phenoms that people will attend. The only challenges i see are potentially sws 7 and if batman vs superman or justice league pull off what avengers could not. Blow all the comic fans and ga socks off in everyway lol,

Avatar destroyed avengers. Your move creeps lol. I assume now bkb will say cap 3 will pick up the slack lmao

True. He was so ambitious with Avatar 1, I'd like to see the rest of this universe. New planets, new characters, new flora and fauna. I don't really need the flash and gimmick. He did so much establish Avatar, theres no way you set it all on Pandora. I want new worlds and new adventure.

Don't worry about all the 4D and 200fps and smell-o-vision, etc, just gimme what you spent over a decade setting up and what I'm spending a decade waiting on.

i think he has a few suprises in the sequel jandrew. Should shake up the world again.

Just because of China, otherwise.... :lol:

more like 500-600m in china alone. In a tiny Chinese film market avatar made 200m and caused many to commit or think about suicide, because the experience of avatar is mind boggling. I agree with most its the worlds first near 2b ww lock in normal bo conditions. Ie no natural diasters , crazy war etc.

James we love get this film out on time this time lol though

The only thing I'm going to say is that AVATAR 2 will decrease greatly from the 1st movie and this is something I've learned now: Sequels decrease Kal and A2 will not be any different.. A 9 year gap between movies and people have simply moved on, not to mention the fact this thing doesn't come out for 3 years..

actually films that had monsterous hv sales dont decrease.

Lord of the rings, the recent james bond film. Lol terminator to terminator2. I think your grasping at straws. Lol considering titanic was 13 yrs ago and cameron is the only one that beat his own records lol.

Dear bkb when will you understand if you make a sequel that dors nothing new it fails to increase. You make a jaw dropping sequel that takes it to the next level. You get an increase.

How about batman begins to tdk. Lol

So i beg to differ. Avengers failed tomake a dent and lost fans because josh whedon is no james cameron or even a peter jackson for that matter. Pjs prequel hobbit failed to gain the sucess of lotr because of poorer story telling, movies just werentvon par with the quality of his masterpiece lotr. Josh neeeds to really make a comeback with infinity

wars or avengers 3 will fall further

. Cameron now owns the number one anf number 2 spot domestically and os lmao. No guarantee he can do it again as the bar for avtar 1 is set so high, but seeing what avtar one did os in 300-400 percent smaller markets, im betting cameron lands a minimum in the 2nd to 3rd all time spot ww and domestically. With a great chance to push avatar out as the champ on all fronts. Most people are such fans they said they are coming through storms and earthquakes to see it. Sws and other movies wont get that kind of love baby. Thats a fact

Edited by Superman001