Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Dude, I'm done with this... I learned a valuable lesson this summer in refusing to believe that sequels to popular movies don't decrease and as good as AOU was, it still decreased and unless you heed this advice now, you'll end up with egg in your face over this.. Like it or not, A2 will in fact decrease Kal.. There's no other way around it.. It just will..

lol ive been tracking what makes cameron and other films gigantic for much longer than you bkb. And your dread for this film to embarrass marvels avengers makes you illogical. To wit avatar can make 1 billion os from 3 territories. Your logic is not even sound. And far better bo folks like tele and archer and baumer have told you why it could happen. Oh sequels dont increase lol. Well furious 7 is kicking avengets 2 ass and its the 7th sequel guy. Make sense man. Make sense! Lol

Ive never lost yet on a big cameron project. So i know your the one that will finally come out of daydream place comparing whedon and other film makers fan love to cameron. Lmao. Avatar 2 was on everyones pollof must see film bkb. Cameron and avatar fans are going to bury you. Get that shovel sir. Even the domestic folks are predicting 570-900plus million!

Only cameron sequel gets those ranges from bo fans. Ultron failed, lets see what sws, batman and supes, fn 2 have for juggernaut 2

My predict for this is 840 m domestic. Lowend 665m

I want an increase, and cameron seems to be the only legend out there that everone comes out to see his giant epics. It all hit the apex thanks to films like titanic, terminator, terminator 2,avatar, aliens,abyss etc. Has there been anyone ever that has built such a loyal fanbase from kids to 90 yr olds thanks to quality and mega workdwide exposure from bo and various platforms of hv video. Cameron may one day be in the top5 all time spots between titanic, avtar and battle angel saga in the future. Wow!

Edited by Superman001

My predict for this is 840 m domestic. Lowend 665m

I want an increase, and cameron seems to be the only legend out there that everone comes out to see his giant epics. It all hit the apex thanks to films like titanic, terminator, terminator 2,avatar, aliens,abyss etc. Has there been anyone ever that has built such a loyal fanbase from kids to 90 yr olds thanks to quality and mega workdwide exposure from bo and various platforms of hv video. Cameron may one day be in the top5 all time spots between titanic, avtar and battle angel saga in the future. Wow!

WW?

• Like 1

I think the James Cameron brand name will keep Avatar 2 from being a box office disappointment.

Let's be fair guys...we're talking about a sequel to the highest grossing film of all time with $2.7B WW, remember?

No way this one decreases too much....

While the first one made $204M in China....the thing is.....that was 6 years ago before the China market explosion.

And WW?...i could see Avatar going over $3.B WW...probably due to China's box office being bigger than it's ever been. And it's a sequel.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

If you were to count the amount of posts each poster has in this thread, you'll find that for every post a person makes, Kal will make 10 more in the same time.. It is like he's really the only one who cares about this and for a movie, what?? That's 3 years away??? Or is it 2??? Either way, were talking about a 8 to 9 year gap between the 1st movie and a lot has happened since then and people have moved on..

In the old BOM board, Kal was seen as a crazy old man because he was the only one who predicted the heights to which AVATAR would rise. Everyone laughed at him (and understandably so, since, to be honest, the Avatar trailer and its poster were in my opinion, crap), and the concept seemed at the time, lame, weird, and just...not appealing. Well....time proved that Kal was right, and everyone else was wrong. I will never doubt Cameron (or Kal) again...

The only thing I'm going to say is that AVATAR 2 will decrease greatly from the 1st movie and this is something I've learned now: Sequels decrease Kal and A2 will not be any different.

Not necessarily.

The Dark Knight, New Moon, Catching Fire and Shrek 2 were sequels that increased.

AOU decreased because it was perceived as, 1-not a great film (like the original was), just ok, and 2-more of the same thanks in part to the trailers ("Avengers again fight an army of indistinct drones"). Cameron is just not a guy who's happy with doing the same ole same ole. When Avatar comes out, I bet you that he'll give moviegoers a reason to say, "Wow!" again. He's done it time after time.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/avatar-sequels-james-cameron-1201517459/

'Gianopulos told the investor-heavy crowd that he visited Cameron at his offices in New Zealand two months ago.

“It’s a room…which is covered floor to ceiling with images, characters, worlds, settings,” said Gianopulos. “It’s the most amazing, breathtaking thing you’ve ever seen. His challenge is to put all of that in a movie.”'

• Like 3

Lol all those 700-1b domestic cant happen for avtr 2, better think it over. If jp world can make such a comeback, my dear friends what will the worlds biggest sequel do. Not to mention not even frozen came closr to hv sales of avatar 1 ww. How many people will come out to see juggernaut 2017. Congrats to the mighty jp world... Damn has a chance to break the ow all time record of avengers1. ,another so called no count film looking to upset the run of avengers 2. Bkb must be going cuckoo.

In the old BOM board, Kal was seen as a crazy old man because he was the only one who predicted the heights to which AVATAR would rise. Everyone laughed at him (and understandably so, since, to be honest, the Avatar trailer and its poster were in my opinion, crap), and the concept seemed at the time, lame, weird, and just...not appealing. Well....time proved that Kal was right, and everyone else was wrong. I will never doubt Cameron (or Kal) again...

thank you my cocoaflies. How quick they forget that triumph. Also me and baumer took on transformers haters saying the movie was doomed and bs like that lol. And we destroyed them in 2007 as well. Very proud to be part of the bo family that thought jpw could have the potential to destroy avengers 2 and sws. Looks like it could happen. 500-600Plus mil dom could be on the table for jpworld. This film pales in the support camerons sequel will acquire. And my dear cocoaflies its going to be a landmarK run.

Lol all those 700-1b domestic cant happen for avtr 2, better think it over. If jp world can make such a comeback, my dear friends what will the worlds biggest sequel do. Not to mention not even frozen came closr to hv sales of avatar 1 ww. How many people will come out to see juggernaut 2017. Congrats to the mighty jp world... Damn has a chance to break the ow all time record of avengers1. ,another so called no count film looking to upset the run of avengers 2. Bkb must be going cuckoo.

Sws up next.

Infinity War Part 2 will be huge. The 8 year buildup of Infinity Stones comes to an end, and.... wait.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/avatar-sequels-james-cameron-1201517459/

'Gianopulos told the investor-heavy crowd that he visited Cameron at his offices in New Zealand two months ago.

“It’s a room…which is covered floor to ceiling with images, characters, worlds, settings,” said Gianopulos. “It’s the most amazing, breathtaking thing you’ve ever seen. His challenge is to put all of that in a movie.”'

omg fellow cameron fan. Freaking james made a mural of what avatar2 would be about so he can focus all that loa energy on it being the threshold of what a mega envelope pushing sequel is suppose to embody . Seems james cameron knows he can make history again dom and os. Wow the yoda of filmmaking from this post above made essentially a vision board of his film and its impending success. Law of attraction at its finest guys. Yeeehaww. I have few vision boards myself of things i want to attract. Looks like we are going beyond pandora's moon in this one Edited by Superman001