Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't care laugh at me, I may not be a very good artist but atleast it has heart. Big heart like all Jim films and not lack heart franchise films (TFA).

Avatar is not a franchise....? Do you know what this thread is for?

1 minute ago, Darth Rallax said:

So what was T2 then?  Chopped liver?

Sequel to a blockbuster, sorry for the phrasing. Not my fault Jim can make a sequel of a non blockbuster into a blockbuster.

The Terminator had a $6.4m budget.

55 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hobbit 1s OW is the goal.

Um, no. Avatar almost got Hobbit's OW.

I'm not kal predicting crazy numbers but if Avatar 2 doesn't at the very least manage $100m that would be one of the biggest WTFs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Um, no. Avatar almost got Hobbit's OW.

I'm not kal predicting crazy numbers but if Avatar 2 doesn't at the very least manage $100m that would be one of the biggest WTFs.

Look at the list I put of films that made over $120m. To me below 150m is WTF

2 hours ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Lol like tele told bkb empire.  Terminator to T2, Titanic to avatar.  Your kidding right avatar was in far less theaters and had big movies hitting and snow storms no 40 yrs of fans.  Avatar2 is the biggest selling br and biggest job seller since finding Nemo. 

News flash if even, 70% of Cameron fans show domestic record is gone.  Sws has limited range,   Cameron fans span 5 to 90 plus.  No way to guage how big it's maximum domestic will be.  Your being a fanboy.  Cameron's past track record says it's very likely as domestic is gone to second place. 

Predicts for avatar 2 150-260 plus owned with a 5-9x multiplier 

.  Courts adjourned empire.  Means the sequel could hit 830 to way over 1.3b domestic. So becareful with the no way talk.  James can do anything.  Blue cat people held the record for 8 years.  And holds the most important record till Avatar 2.  He will be the first to hit 1.09 to 1.2b domestic or more.  I feel the movie is going to go light years beyond Avatar.  Just wait 

I am not kidding. I think it will drop from Avatar 1 DOM. I will even bet you on it if you want. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it feels Kal and BKB are like this dude. No matter what you say, you're not gonna change his mind.

tumblr_o0nunyEmFX1sw7d1oo1_1280.jpg

"What's the matter with you guys? You all know Avatar sucks (rocks)! The sequel's gotta flop (do 1BN)!"

And I wonder if anyone on this forum is capable of playing this guy and beat them down

tumblr_o0nuwlurmI1sw7d1oo1_540.jpg

"You wanna know why I use a knife?"

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Robertron said:

Unless Avatar 2 is some kind of cinematic breakthrough, it will probably not make more than 450m.

8 years since the original. It's just been too long.

Is this assuming everyone has alzheimers? There is no way people can't remember the first one when Avatar 2's trailer is shown.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Is this assuming everyone has alzheimers? There is no way people can't remember the first one when Avatar 2's trailer is shown.

They will remember it, but will they really care that much? That is what remains to be seen. None of us will know to the movie finally comes out. 

2 minutes ago, Empire said:

They will remember it, but will they really care that much? That is what remains to be seen. None of us will know to the movie finally comes out. 

I'll take the safe bet and assume that being the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time will have a very positive effect on the Opening Weekend.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

I'll take the safe bet and assume that being the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time will have a very positive effect on the Opening Weekend.

I think it will to & that is why it will open over 100M. I don't see it opening to more than 150M. 

• Like 1

On 8 janvier 2016 at 8:28 AM, Telemachos said:

Who is "they", though? I'm sure Fox would've loved to have a sequel by 2012 or so. On the flip side, I don't think Cameron has been delaying just for the hell of it. He wanted to make sure he had all his ducks lined up in a row... and let's face it, that's the right approach.

Also, Cameron has 10 other lives to live outside of the filmmaking industry, a factor lots of people seem to forget.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Also, Cameron has 10 other lives to live outside of the filmmaking industry, a factor lots of people seem to forget.

What Cameron needs to do it get a Blu-Ray version of the Abyss out.  I've been waiting years for it.   I'm boycotting Avatar 2 unless he does it.

• Like 4