Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Avatar made a 10x multiplier and 2.8 billion."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar got the BD and BP nominations at the Oscars."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar won the GG, and many other awards."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar smashing Blu-ray sales records."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."People painting up like a Navi and protecting their homelands in real life."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Real Pandora and Navi found by Nasa."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Cameron called his mother and told her he's gonna be married again."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Cameron went to the supermarket and bought a shaver."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."

Perfectly put. People are doubting JC again and I've no doubt in my mind, he's going to deliver with A2. Edited by druv10

I agree. Whether the film outgrosses the first one or not, it will be an uber-blockbuster of the highest order, and the detractors will still say stupid stuff like "Bah, it was only a hit because of Cameron's name/because of the new 5D technology/because of the vibrating seats at the theatres/because of the new Navi president, not because people were captivated with the film."

Yes. I'm predicting that The Hobbit will have TPM type effect. People are longing to get back to middle earth.Avatar only reached great heights almost entirely because of the hype of the 3D. People pretty much know what to expect now, so only those who really loved the story will check out the second one. I know a lot of people that walked out of the theater talking about how awesome Avatar was, but today if you asked them about the film they would give a "meh" response. Avatar 2 will suffer because of it.

People are also longing to go back to Pandora, more so than middle earth

Its relevant when a random fanboy conjures up random preconceived notions of anticipation with nothing to back it up. I'm still laughing.

Im a fanboy for suggesting more people will turn up for an avatar sequel than The Hobbit? Sorry I couldn't back up my theory, i was just relying on common sense, had I known you didn't have any I would have just ignored you in the first place...

Im a fanboy for suggesting more people will turn up for an avatar sequel than The Hobbit? Sorry I couldn't back up my theory, i was just relying on common sense, had I known you didn't have any I would have just ignored you in the first place...

Your definition of common sense is speculation. Had I known you were some moron that didn't even know what he was saying I probably would have just ignored you as well. :DAnd I never said Avatar 2 would or wouldn't be bigger than The Hobbit like you implied, but with your own unique definition of common sense, I guess I can see where you thought I was "speculating" when I laughed at your post.Toodles. Edited by Shpongle

Avatar made a 10x multiplier and 2.8 billion."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar got the BD and BP nominations at the Oscars."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar won the GG, and many other awards."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Avatar smashing Blu-ray sales records."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."People painting up like a Navi and protecting their homelands in real life."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Real Pandora and Navi found by Nasa."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Cameron called his mother and told her he's gonna be married again."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."Cameron went to the supermarket and bought a shaver."Who cares. Avatar is a mediocre film no matter how you spin it."

HAHAHA, exactly, haters are so predictable :D

I swear even if this reaches 750, the haters will say it decreased in admissions and thus failed.I personally don't think will reach 600 let alone 700+ but 500 Dom/2b WW is locked IMO. That would make people shit bricks anywhere in the world except the minds of (not sure where the repugnance stems from? Perhaps, they're jealous Cameron can do whatever he wants?) of the haters.Avatar is far from perfect, but if a film can make almost 3b by itself, there is no valid argument in this Earth that can try to negate its impact and worth. Seriously haters, it's fucking pointless and waste of your energy.

• Like 3