Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

China will make sure this reaches 2b lolIf Titanic 3d can make 155m, this will make loads more there. More than the original and break 200m.Avatar is not my favorite movie, but it's BO truly is the epitome of amazing.I never knew so many countries can have 100m gross before Avatar lol

• Like 1

To be honest, I just want to go back to Pandora and see how they explore further into the world they created.I really want them to introduce sea creatures they promised when the sequels were announced.Underwater scenes in 3d will look great.

Oooo that would be beautiful.

Just the a few scientists left there. But doesnt matter. RDA/Earth will send another army.

Hope Cameron won't think that way.

Na'vi/avatars and humans in the same frame create a big sense of awe. I mean, they are so tall!

if not, will we have only blue faces on screen next time?

Not even one white/black skin?

24 hours a day...How is it on Pandora?How many human years will be spent before the humans get back?

There is no real night on Pandora actually:http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Pandora

Pandora receives significant light from Alpha Centauri B (ACB). As a result, Pandoran nights are never dark during half of the Polyphemian year, but instead are more like Earthly dusk. At the closest point in its orbit, ACB is about 2,300 times as bright as Earth's full moon; at its furthest point, it is still one hundred and seventy times as bright. During the other half of the year when ACB is in the daytime sky, many Pandoran nights are illuminated by both Polyphemus's huge disk and the reflected light from other nearby moons. Truly dark nights are uncommon. Polyphemus occasionally eclipses ACB at night for about one hundred minutes, but the light reflected by the planet still keeps the night from being dark.When ACB shares the daytime sky with ACA, at its closest it adds about half a percent to the total illumination. When the 2 stars are close together in the sky, the effect of ACB's more orange light is unnoticeable. But, as they separate over the years, an orange tint may be seen in areas shadowed from ACA's direct illumination. At its most distant, ACB is about 2,700 times dimmer than ACA and does not produce noticeable lighting effects. However, it still appears as a blindingly-bright tiny orange disk in the sky.Because of its high axial tilt (29°), Pandora exhibits considerable annual variation in the day-to-night ratio. In addition, its elliptical orbit produces seasonal temperature variations and a range in daytime illumination of about ten percent.

It takes about 6.75 Earth years (about more than 4 ship years) from Earth to Pandora if they use the same space ship, ISV Venture Star.

Im a fanboy for suggesting more people will turn up for an avatar sequel than The Hobbit? Sorry I couldn't back up my theory, i was just relying on common sense...

You were also relying on Box Office, since, you know, it took LOTR three films (2.9 billion) to gross just a tad above what AVATAR did all by itself. (2.7 billion) :)

You were also relying on Box Office, since, you know, it took LOTR three films (2.9 billion) to gross just a tad above what AVATAR did all by itself. (2.7 billion) :)

That comparison makes no sense. FoTR in 2009 would adjust to around $1.25b, add 3D and expanding markets, that number would go up to $1.4b.

So, yeah, not sure what the point of that was.

the last 4 wide opening movies of James Cameron1991 Terminator2 was 2nd most successful movie WW ever 19911994 TrueLies was 25th most successful movie WW ever 19941997 Titanic was most successful movie WW ever 19972009 AVATAR was most successful movie WW ever 2009

Edited by Rudolf
  • Like 2