Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

What a difference a day makes....

December 17 is actually kind of an unfortunate date, as Christmas Eve - a depressed movie-going day - lands on its 2nd Friday. I guess it doesn't matter though. The numbers at the end will be huge. It'll just be a weird looking weekend. The flipside is Christmas Day will land on Saturday, which seems like a match made in heaven. THAT day should be massive!

Yeah, the deflated Friday (both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve) will easily be compensated by the inflated Saturday (and Boxing Day Sunday). Not as ideal as Christmas Eve on the Thursday, but it could certainly be worse (having it land on a Saturday or Sunday).

That said, all the calendar arrangement does is shift money around on the weekends to the holiday weekdays. I don't think the final gross is that affected at all, so it's only worth fussing about if you're trying to get the highest possible weekends. 

54 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Yeah, the deflated Friday (both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve) will easily be compensated by the inflated Saturday (and Boxing Day Sunday). Not as ideal as Christmas Eve on the Thursday, but it could certainly be worse (having it land on a Saturday or Sunday).

That said, all the calendar arrangement does is shift money around on the weekends to the holiday weekdays. I don't think the final gross is that affected at all, so it's only worth fussing about if you're trying to get the highest possible weekends. 

Agreed about the final gross, which is all that matters.

I'm down in Wellington for the day and met a dude who knows a dude working on the Avatar set. Got a lil' scoop for you all;

Spoiler

Apparently the Avatar crew needed to get rid of a whole lot of wood the other day. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I'm down in Wellington for the day and met a dude who knows a dude working on the Avatar set. Got a lil' scoop for you all;

Hide contents

Apparently the Avatar crew needed to get rid of a whole lot of wood the other day. 

Cameron's going all practical??

14 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Hide contents

Is that a euphemism?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, aabattery said:

Reveal hidden contents

They're building another Titanic? 

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Reveal hidden contents

They are done building the sets and getting rid of excess materials? 

15 hours ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Here are some of the early predicts so far. Everyone please help me update👍

Kal...1.1b dom, 3.3b OS

4.4b ww

Ncsoft... 3.7Bww

Jimbo...1.1B dom , 

3.1b OS, 4.2B ww

Keysersoze123

600 Domestic /1.2B OS -C / 700M C - 2.5B WW

How big a margin will Avatar 2 beat Avatar domestically and OS??

Okay, I'll join the game :)

Dom: 650M

OS-C: 1.2Bn

China: 900M

Total: 2.75Bn

Trying to stay positive. 

A very long list of the people involved in the making of Avatar II. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1630029/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

With Bruno Du Bois, Russell Carpenter, Andrew Moffett, Sean Kim, Eric Saindon, Dean Lewandowski, James Cameron, Dan Cox and Garrett Warren at Stone Street Studios.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

To Kevin is such a tell. :hahaha:

He is the boss of Marvel Studios, Endgame's success is the culmination of 20+ movies pumped out of that factory. 

• Thanks 1

The anti-Avatar crowd are very vocal, to the point of trolling. What did Avatar do to them personally? LOL (rhetorical question b/c I don't care)

I foresee a vigorous anti-Avatar campaign on the internets when A2 ultimately comes out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lilmac said:

The anti-Avatar crowd are very vocal, to the point of trolling. What did Avatar do to them personally? LOL (rhetorical question b/c I don't care)

I foresee a vigorous anti-Avatar campaign on the internets when A2 ultimately comes out. 

And yet those little pussies will be there day one, they'll just be posing online. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1