Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Looks like we might get that remaster soon:

Take this as you will, but I have an acquaintance who lives in New Zealand and is currently a prop maker for the Avatar sequels. He works for WETA doing practical effects. He was actually in Avatar as a scientist in the lab where the Avatar pods were kept. I’d rather not give his name because I haven’t asked his permission, but I can assure you I’m not making this up. He has worked with Cameron for many years going back to Aliens.
We have had many conversations about his work on the sequels, and I was asking him the same questions about how is Cameron going to ramp up the interest in the original film since it has been largely forgotten. Here is the reply I got from him:

“Well, from a conversation I had with Jim a few weeks ago, it sounds like the original Avatar will be re-released ahead of the sequels to get people back up to speed and bring in new viewers. There were a lot of sequences shot for it that were never completed (over and above the footage released in the Director’s cut) that may be added.
I have no doubt the new films will blow people’s minds. You have to remember what a paradigm shift in movie making the first one was. It became the highest grossing movie of all time for a reason and, unlike the MCU formulaic crap that’s built up a big following due to over 20 films up to End Game, Avatar stood on its own. The viewing public take it as read that a Cameron film will be epic and memorable.”

Believe me or not if you choose to, but I have factual proof that my acquaintance IS working on Avatar 2 and beyond, and I do believe what he is telling me. If this ends up being the plan, I could see Cameron re-rendering the whole first movie in 4K (or higher) for a newer cut to ramp up interest for Avatar 2.

Source: https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=19729481&postcount=3039

• Like 2

Forbes report NWH is 54 markets yearly champion among all 81 markets in the world(world have 200 countries but many countries combined as one market), and it's 2nd biggest in 21 century,The biggest is Avatar 1( 69 markets yearly champion ).

It' s also report Avatar break 77 markets Hollywood box office record when Avatar released,second biggest of all time (Biggest is Titanic which break all markets Hollywood record)

Avatar 1 also break all markets IMAX Record ,and over 99% markets 3D box office record,in only 4 markets Avatar break opening weekend reocrd but in over 27 markets Avatar break second weekend box office record and over 56 markets Avatar break third weekend record,Avatar still hold the record Today for Worldwide biggest 4th weekend record($200.3m),biggest 5th weekend record ($170m+)and biggest 6th weekend record($143m+)

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, JonahVex said:

Avatar 2 trending on twitter, 90% of people think its gonna flopSpider Man Lol GIF

This gives Jim more power.

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If NWH can do $700M in DOM and bigger than Endgame in many western markets on power of Xmas/New Year, who are we kidding.

Cameron is gonna rule it again. Won't be surprised with 3 Billie.

Sorry King for being non-believer.

was only a matter of time before you bended the knee bucko

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If NWH can do $700M in DOM and bigger than Endgame in many western markets on power of Xmas/New Year, who are we kidding.

Cameron is gonna rule it again. Won't be surprised with 3 Billie.

Sorry King for being non-believer.

In your free time, you should work up how we get to 4 billies….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

This bet might cost your Life. You are challenging James Cameron here....

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

And ? There's no 100% guarantee it will happen. Sometimes I wonder if people in this thread live in delusion. The more you predict big numbers the more disappointed you will be. 

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

And ? There's no 100% guarantee it will happen. Sometimes I wonder if people in this thread live in delusion. The more you predict big numbers the more disappointed you will be. 

No, I didn't mean that. A bet of something that is not happening is dangerous. But, here Panda is betting with his home. (A house where he stay) Doesn't that a bit of craziness because if he lost the bet, he will be homeless. After all, Cameron should not be challenged.

Remembered when everyone was expecting a drop bigger than 50% on Avatar's 2nd Weekend (DOM) but the drop was only 1.8%

Just Remember He is Cameron. The God that ruled All-Time charts for decades, Even Russo brothers could not rule the chart for a year.... 

• Haha 1