Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

So we can pretty much write off the $117m that Avatar made in Russia back in 2009/10. Avatar 2 was probably not going to get close to that (due to exchange rates), but now it's not even going to be released there. Probably ~2% or so of Avatar 2's potential gross gone.

Just now, Agafin said:

So we can pretty much write off the $117m that Avatar made in Russia back in 2009/10. Avatar 2 was probably not going to get close to that (due to exchange rates), but now it's not even going to be released there. Probably ~2% or so of Avatar 2's potential gross gone.

What ever might be the case, I will ignore Today's E.R. &used Avatar (2009) E.R. in comparing profits...

To be true, my own country E.R. is too shit that I wish Chart buster release like Demon Slayer should have release in October 2010, would have easily grossed $535M here with that E.R. in Japan

36 minutes ago, Agafin said:

The release is still 9+ months from now so whether it's released or not is entirely up in the air. But yes $117M USD is off the table and always has been. It can break the rubles record in Russia and would make less than $40M at this point. 

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but just found on Cineworld UK's website they've put Avatar 2 in their "Coming soon" tape they do:

Z4hYIO5.png

Also a dedicate page for it with release date:

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/avatar-2/ho00008423

I haven't seen that poster before, and also I suspect the 180 minutes is an estimate. Full poster:

20220112-054758241.jpg

• Like 2

Oh yeah here's the disney investor day meeting

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/the-walt-disney-companys-2022-annual-meeting-of-shareholders/

The avatar content was the following:

And in december we will be welcoming audiences back to Pandora. The first film remains the highest grossing movie of all time at the global box office, and Jim Cameron and his team have been hard at work for nearly a decade creating the next generation of avatar storytelling. This film promises to be worth the wait, and a creative experience unlike anything audiences have seen before - Bob Chapek

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Stewart said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but just found on Cineworld UK's website they've put Avatar 2 in their "Coming soon" tape they do:

Z4hYIO5.png

I haven't seen that poster before, and also I suspect the 180 minutes is an estimate. Full poster:

20220112-054758241.jpg

It's been present in the Cineworld app for at least 6 months, nothing to really read in to there 

On 3/12/2022 at 11:26 PM, Stewart said:

Z4hYIO5.png

20220112-054758241.jpg

Do they often use fake posters?

On 3/12/2022 at 11:07 AM, KnucklesXXR said:

The release is still 9+ months from now so whether it's released or not is entirely up in the air. But yes $117M USD is off the table and always has been. It can break the rubles record in Russia and would make less than $40M at this point. 

ruble will fall farther. Russia will enter North Korea territory. Too bad they don’t have the stones to take out Putin. Gonna destroy their country 

1 minute ago, Bruce said:

How could a sci-fi movie make a person burst into tear?It's not a moving movie like Titanic or Hachi ,right?

Huh? There are several scenes that caused tears in the first one. Why would this one be different?

17 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Huh? There are several scenes that caused tears in the first one. Why would this one be different?

I was really shocked when I saw first Avatar,like I just enter another world,it's amazing experience,but I 'm not “moved into tears”

What I mean is,Avatar is not type of the movie which make people cry,it's a movie which make people fell exciting and incredible

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Avatar is not type of the movie which make people cry

Except it did make a lot of people cry, and several other sci-fi films have as well. Reiterating an incorrect statement doesn't suddenly make it correct. 

• Like 1