Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

I did be very emotional for the first one when it was re-released in China. It reminded me of the pure power that cinema could and should have. Even though it is a movie involved large of CGI stuff, Cameron didn't get lost. He know exactly how to bring people into a new world at the emotional level instead of just gorgeous look.

I'm not surprised that Avatar 2 will be the same. Cameron like to tell a family-relations-like story in sequels. In Aliens, it's Ripley, Hicks and the girl in alien planet. In T2, it's Terminator, Sarah Connor and her son. In Avatar 2, it would be Jake Sully, Neytiri and the adopted human child who couldn't go home but stay here (it's not spoiler). 

I guess in the Avatar 2, the human child feel lonely because few people, maybe only Jake, accept him. Neytiri don't like him at the beginning but change her attitude as human hunt them. And at the end of the second act, Neytiri accept the kid. Three of them finally fight as a family with human, just like what those characters did in T2 and Aliens.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

I mean Avatar is not type of that movie,I admit that T2 is really moved.

burst into tears out of excitement I guess, like showing people Han Solo in force awakens for the first time in 2015. Or even just the opening crawl.

2022-03-market-prediction.png

"Three films, however, are outside the list (list of potential breakout hits)for now, even though they might be seen to technically fit the bill: Lightyear, Top Gun: Maverick, and Avatar 2. Lightyear feels more like a spin-off to me, while Top Gun and Avatar 2 are both being released long after the previous entries in their respective franchises"

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

14 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Imagine putting out a list where none of the MCU releases go past even 300m and yes i know its based on current data but come on the world shutting down is the ONLY way either of those happen

i don't know which is worse 230m for avatar 2 or 300m for black panther

On 3/16/2022 at 3:37 AM, Bruce said:

How could a sci-fi movie make a person burst into tear?It's not a moving movie like Titanic or Hachi ,right?

You have an avatar related to Harry Potter.

Why would it be okay for you to feel for a fantasy but not a sci-fi? Honestly makes zero sense.

Science fiction films, when all the ingredients align, often end up being the most moving films. The best science fiction films are ones that show what humanity is, should be, and can be. 

Wait a damn second. 230m ? Maybe it means first 2 weeks I could see that maybe. Jesus I’m pessimistic at 1.5 to 3.5B globally lol come on now

I expect it to be the #1 or #2 grosser. 800m domestic is brutally hard but behind NWH #2 should be 600 or less I bet. Could easily it doing that and then some.

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Wait a damn second. 230m ? Maybe it means first 2 weeks I could see that maybe. Jesus I’m pessimistic at 1.5 to 3.5B globally lol come on now

I expect it to be the #1 or #2 grosser. 800m domestic is brutally hard but behind NWH #2 should be 600 or less I bet. Could easily it doing that and then some.

I don't want to interrupt but probably they forgot to add a zero in "$230M".

It makes sense that they were actually expecting "$2300M" Well, I guess it's was an computer error

58 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

NWH benefits from repeat viewings, I don't know if people will watch it more than once. But perhaps it'll be less front loaded so will help with legs.

15 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

2022-03-market-prediction.png

"Three films, however, are outside the list (list of potential breakout hits)for now, even though they might be seen to technically fit the bill: Lightyear, Top Gun: Maverick, and Avatar 2. Lightyear feels more like a spin-off to me, while Top Gun and Avatar 2 are both being released long after the previous entries in their respective franchises"

Funny people 

Don't jump the gun, peeps. At least try and read whole thing before you do that.

$230m gross is for 2022 for Avatar 2. It means they expect 230m from 16th December to 1st Jan. [2nd Weekend will close on 1 Jan, 2023]

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Don't jump the gun, peeps. At least try and read whole thing before you do that.

$230m gross is for 2022 for Avatar 2. It means they expect 230m from 16th December to 1st Jan. [2nd Weekend will close on 1 Jan, 2023]

Doesn't make much sense either. That's a lot less than the original. If anything, the first 2 weeks should be much stronger with weaker legs.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Wrote them an e-mail, heres the response I got:

Hi,

Thanks for asking about this.

The predictions for each movie are for the total earned over its entire run. The monthly predictions are the combined gross of all films released in a month.

I think Avatar 2 might be the hardest film to predict for the entire year. Our prediction of $230 million is based on the previous film in the franchise, but also on other films released by 20th Century Studios. It's one I'll be looking at closely as the year progresses!

Best Regards,
Bruce

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tenken said:

How does embedding things on this forum work? I cant figure it out. 

You mean an image? When typing a reply you can click on the "Other Media" dropdown option on the lower right of the reply box. Then select "Insert Image from URL". Copy paste the image url into the pop up box and the image should be embedded into the post. 

19 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Wrote them an e-mail, heres the response I got:

Wow, Then that's dumb. Other than WWIII starting or New Variant of Corona running rampart, There is no way Avatar 2 only makes 230m for whole run. Thanks for clarifying, I have been giving them due respect thinking they were very close last year but that was disaster then. 

37 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Our prediction of $230 million is based on the previous film in the franchise, but also on other films released by 20th Century Studios. It's one I'll be looking at closely as the year progresses!

Was Avatar (DOM) flop. Very nasty reply 😃