Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

20 minutes ago, Eric Belcher said:

Moderation

I've said it before and I'll say it again that we aren't doing this kind of fan squabbling anymore. Stop this right now, or you're seeing a threadban.

In my defense, I just gave an honest assesment of what I think might happen.  Didn't call anyone out or poke or anything.  I thought IronJimbo and I were having a joking back and forth, but sheesh I guess the Avatar fans take anything as serious business.  

I will always speak to the box office, but won't even joke with them anymore.  

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

In my defense, I just gave an honest assesment of what I think might happen.  Didn't call anyone out or poke or anything.  I thought IronJimbo and I were having a joking back and forth, but sheesh I guess the Avatar fans take anything as serious business.  

I will always speak to the box office, but won't even joke with them anymore.  

I was joking around... not my moderation 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I was joking around... not my moderation 🤷‍♂️

Cool, I thought so.  We have always had a good joking back and forth and I think maybe the other guy (JamesCameronScholar?) didn't realize that.  

All good my blue friend!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Cool, I thought so.  We have always had a good joking back and forth and I think maybe the other guy (JamesCameronScholar?) didn't realize that.  

All good my blue friend!

Nah I did, I posted a simpsons screengrab for heavens sake! You're one of my favorite users EC, you know that (this is sincere not trolling). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I dont support threadbanning people because of a light-hearted exchange. Poking fun at the Avatar loonies here is 50% of the thread anyway, its part of the fun.

I don't see any loonies though 🧐

I think the mod POV is that it used to get really outta hand so they being super proactive it stamping it out before it begin

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Esp. depending on what the fed decides to do in the next 6 months. I'm praying for a major rate hike. 

Is the fed that important for that?

For better ER (meaning 1 € being worth more than $1.05) the ECB needs to change curse and the general situation in Europe has to relax, which honestly, looks not that likely right now. I am hoping for a major change, meaning €1 being roughly $1.20 (despite that being unlikely) and that would still be significantly worth than the ERs during Avatar in 2009/2010.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Is the fed that important for that?

For better ER (meaning 1 € being worth more than $1.05) the ECB needs to change curse and the general situation in Europe has to relax, which honestly, looks not that likely right now. I am hoping for a major change, meaning €1 being roughly $1.20 (despite that being unlikely) and that would still be significantly worth than the ERs during Avatar in 2009/2010.

I've accepted that the ER probably won't be great honestly, but you're right if the ECB announces major policy change we could get it, but I don't see Europe doing that so long as the Ukraine invasion continues. 

I want to scroll through every comment that said it's too hard for A2 to Dethrone A1.

Records are made to be broken. Especially, by JIM.

Who knew in 2009 we would have 2.7 billions when many people/jurnos were making fun of it. 

• Like 2

A film coming out years after the original. After having been delayed. Pleasing crowds. Excellent WoM. Blowing away the predictions of 'experts'. 

TGM is setting the stage, Jim just needs to show him how you turn the volume up to 11. 

• Like 4

I've been thinking about the Avatar franchises positive effect on the enviroment.

We're going to have five total >3 billie avatar films, all with a strong positive enviromental message (confirmed by Jim). This might snowball into much much more, and I hope it does.

Visual media is such a powerful tool for getting across a message. I think one of the most effective things you can do to get someone on board with a movement is to show them a documentry with a powerful and clear message.

Really its cool to think that the saga could reach over 500m people worldwide, showing them visions into what the Earth is going to become.

no cap this could do great good for the planet

fr fr

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, AJG said:

280171843_752185536191807_86929501378301

Of all the shot in the teaser, this is the only shot that I dislike. Those plastic-like trunk look too smooth and refined as a structure located by the sea. And if you pay attention, those trees sitting on the trunk at the background didn't swing at all like a plastic toy, should have some wind effect there. But somehow in the subsequent shot, the trunk look a lot more realistic and far better.

b40f7b0b9cd07e70b045a43ca92ace60 

This shot blew my mind. I am now happy with the delay given the VFX team has really meticulous crafted the CGI by not making them like a zoom background to the characters in the shot. 

Avatar is shot in 4K, crafting VFX would require time and skill to match that resolution. Glad they seem like on the correct course to success  

• Like 1