Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 6/26/2022 at 4:20 AM, IronJimbo said:

"As a father of 5, I take it as my sacred responsibility to be doing as much as I can"

James Cameron on the biggest existential crisis to human civilisation (his words too)

All films will be anti-industrial, while being pro tech.

The first films Enviromental message was Deforrestation

The second film will focus on Oceans (which the human race is also destroying in real life).

Perhaps in the first half of Avatar 2 we'll get to see how beautiful the ocean is in the location the story takes place, then in the latter portion the RDA has ruined it. Perhaps by pumping waste into the area and making the water murkey, imagine the juxtaposition of the crystal clear underwater scenes being the most beautiful underwater scenes in movie history, then Jim just takes that from you and makes it murky with dead floating sea life.

It is pretty much what he did in the first film, showed the wonderful Home tree then blew it up.

Avatar OST ○ Destruction of Hometree - YouTube

Theres also a scene where they're doing deforrestation with the large yellow vechicle.

That type of messaging might be a little too obvious or on the nose. Mining or oil extraction in the oceans is never good for the surrounding environment, I expect the RDA to make a complete mess of the area. 

I just realised something, when Avatar 2 & 3 make gangbusters and Jim get's a massive chunk of the profits per his contract.

Could Jim just buyout the remaining Disney Contract if Disney ever tries to pull some funny shit like using Avatar as a bargaining chip against China.

a whole new generation growing up on blockbusters where the visuals and the experience are done to a passable level and no further

these kids are going to have their eyes melt into their head

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Eric the Minion said:

Wait...that's who Sigourney is playing? O...kay?

I should post more in this thread, fan theories had this down. Kiri in the teaser trailer has the same facial structure as Sigourney and was wearing the same neckless as her Avatar from the first film

• Like 1

But they surely will have to alter her voice? I dunno if a 60 something can sound like a teenager....

Kind of gimmicky, why not just cast a real teenager? I hope one will not notice.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

Just now, Elessar said:

But they surely will have to alter her voice? I dunno if a 60 something can sound like a teenager....

No idea, I wasn't comfortable with the Sigourney playing a teenager at first but I've since come around.

So from the teaser it looks like shes moving around good, so they clearly have the movements down. I think some alterations will happen for sure.

Or maybe she's a really good voice actor? Adults play kids in anime I guess

Just now, Valonqar said:

I'm in awe of casting Weaver as a teenage girl. Bravo, Jimbo! :bravo: That's balls of steel right there. What other surprises are there for us?

If you look at the second image it looks like she's listening to message she left for herself, and she just got out of an Avatar regrowth tank.

Anyway I think the character might have mind and memories of the 60yo Grace in the first film.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Kind of gimmicky, why not just cast a real teenager? I hope one will not notice.

not as good at acting + sigourney has performance capture xp + xp with JIm  + Jim loves the challenge

this is really interesin