Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

And they usually sound like adults doing baby voice.

yup, but people still watch it I guess. I'm hoping they do some dark tech to alter the voice. They've already done that for her movements if you check the teaser trailer

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Sigourney Weaver playing a teenager wasn’t something I was expecting to hear. 

If it means more Sigourney Weaver, I’m all for it. Guessing there will be some twist where she’s got the memories of Grace after the failed attempt to transfer her consciousness in the first film.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

If you look at the second image it looks like she's listening to message she left for herself, and she just got out of an Avatar regrowth tank.

Anyway I think the character might have mind and memories of the 60yo Grace in the first film.

Is she a product of Project Phoenix?? the question then begs how and why? Also when did Jake/Neytiri adopt her? 

So many questions already around this movie and they haven't shown any of the other "human" characters yet apart from Spider. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

But they surely will have to alter her voice? I dunno if a 60 something can sound like a teenager....

Kind of gimmicky, why not just cast a real teenager? I hope one will not notice.

It's not gimmicky if they are going for some sort of reincarnation angle with the Grace character, it adds a layer of authenticity.

I am also curious about the voice though. Not only is she much older than a teenager, it would probably be jarring having her sound exactly like her previous character.

My guess is they will alter her voice slightly to make her sound younger. Voice changing technology has gotten pretty convincing so it's definitely a possibility.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

It's not gimmicky if they are going for some sort of reincarnation angle with the Grace character, it adds a layer of authenticity.

Yeah, they might be going for something like that.

23 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I am also curious about the voice though. Not only is she much older than a teenager, it would probably be jarring having her sound exactly like her previous character.

My guess is they will alter her voice slightly to make her sound younger. Voice changing technology has gotten pretty convincing so it's definitely a possibility.

I think TV & Film has worked out how to alter voices to make them sound younger

Well I understand why Hollywood doesn't work with teenagers for major films ( considering James Cameron is insanely difficult to work with) I feel having a 72 year old play a teenager is going to anger a lot of actresses and considering who was in there mid-20s at the time of production ( Emma stone, Jennifer Lawrence, and Bire Larson come to mind) there may be some pushback from the GA

16 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Well I understand why Hollywood doesn't work with teenagers for major films ( considering James Cameron is insanely difficult to work with) I feel having a 72 year old play a teenager is going to anger a lot of actresses and considering who was in there mid-20s at the time of production ( Emma stone, Jennifer Lawrence, and Bire Larson come to mind) there may be some pushback from the GA

Cameron is difficult to work with? huh, you're not using 25 year old information would you? Also she is playing the reincarnation of Grace, which is who she played in the first film. How could anyone be angry at that!

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

Well I understand why Hollywood doesn't work with teenagers for major films ( considering James Cameron is insanely difficult to work with)

Uh...

Avatar-2-youth-cast-photo-cropped.jpg

2 hours ago, Reddroast said:

I feel having a 72 year old play a teenager is going to anger a lot of actresses and considering who was in there mid-20s at the time of production ( Emma stone, Jennifer Lawrence, and Bire Larson come to mind) there may be some pushback from the GA

This is absurd — what on earth are you talking about?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Eywa the organic supercomputer tree god playing around with Sam Worthington's balls over wifi to produce a clone of his dead boss is lol

i laughed but she adopted