Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

New image released today. Based on everything we've seen so far the template is very clear, we are going to see levels of sharpness unlike anything ever seen before in a CGI heavy movie. 

FWqmr9JWQAEep05?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 7
  • Astonished 2

7 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

New image released today. Based on everything we've seen so far the template is very clear, we are going to see levels of sharpness unlike anything ever seen before in a CGI heavy movie. 

It's going to look as close to real as a completely CGI world can look. 

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/james-cameron-likens-avatar-sequel-saga-to-lord-of-the-rings-exclusive/

“What I said to the Fox regime at the time was, ‘I’ll do it, but we’ve got to play a larger game here. I don’t want to just do a movie and do a movie and do a movie. I want to tell a bigger story’,” he explains. That meant a comparison with a certain literary saga. “I said, ‘Imagine a series of novels like The Lord Of The Rings existed, and we’re adapting them.’ Now, that was great in theory, but then I had to go create the frickin’ novels from which to adapt it.”

Edited by BruiseCruise
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

FWv0Wy2WQAA68R5?format=jpg&name=medium

He’s bigger, he’s bluer, he’s pissed off,” he laughs while speaking to Empire. “But there may possibly be an aspect of humility. When you take two Na’vi arrows in the chest, that’s gonna have some kind of effect on you.” It’s not just Quaritch who’s been given a big blue upgrade. In The Way Of Water, the RDA has a whole set of Recoms, aka Recombinants – avatars embedded with the memories of human soldiers. A whole new body means a whole new Quaritch. “[He] was always a character who moved in straight lines and at right angles,” Lang explains. “But now he is as lithe as they come. He can move with the same kind of cunning and feral quality that any of the Na’vi can.”

The arrival of the Recoms is just the beginning – the returning RDA mean business. “They are combing back with an armada to take back the prized possession that they lost,” teases producer Jon Landau. This time, they’ve built an entire new city, Bridgehead, and are stripping away the resources of Pandora’s oceans – and they have a weapons-spewing 3D printing facility that means they’re even more tooled-up this time around. “This is RDA scale,” promises Landau. The war for Pandora is only just beginning.

• Like 4

WOW indeed a lot of plot points are being revealed! I think that's OK though since Avatar 2 won't be needing the "avoid spoilers see it on OW" thing to drive sales, instead there is the need to further increase awareness and perhaps dropping hints of plot is one way to do it. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, Deuce66 said:

True

• Like 1