Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

24 minutes ago, StormbreakerXXR said:

Ah yea, but this is an IMAX on film which isn't relevant anymore. Nearly all IMAX are digital now. 

then lets hope the movie is 220 minutes long

I just think it sucks that in the 11 span of 1986-1997 he gave us: 

Aliens

The Abyss

T2

True Lies

Titanic

In the 25 years since he has given us:

I'm glad HE loves Avatar, but as someone that thinks he was able to produce absolutely incredible movies quickly, it sucks a big one that we might not ever get anything but Avatar movies from him again.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

I just think it sucks that in the 11 span of 1986-1997 he gave us: 

Aliens

The Abyss

T2

True Lies

Titanic

In the 25 years since he has given us:

I'm glad HE loves Avatar, but as someone that thinks he was able to produce absolutely incredible movies quickly, it sucks a big one that we might not ever get anything but Avatar movies from him again.

how are you not going to include The Terminator just 2 years before Aliens? Don't tell me you haven't seen it

On 7/2/2022 at 8:09 PM, Deuce66 said:

New image released today. Based on everything we've seen so far the template is very clear, we are going to see levels of sharpness unlike anything ever seen before in a CGI heavy movie. 

FWqmr9JWQAEep05?format=jpg&name=large

How is this any better than Dragons in GOT? Hollywood is making dragons almost real for some time now.

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I cannot imagine a scenario in the current year where even James Cameron would be allowed to put a three and a half hour movie in theaters, but I also never would’ve guessed that Matt Reeves would get to make a nearly three hour Batman movie. 

Who's not gonna put a movie with a floor of $2B?

Many countries have higher ticket rates for longer movies, so can be done in some other places if its say 4 hours?

I don't really get this pee thing. Never have I ever gone to pee during a movie and in India we actually have intervals and movies can sometime be long.

RRR runtime was 3 hours. Add 15 mins of ad/trailers, 10 mins of interval, the whole thing was 3.5 hours and not once I had urge to even stand up.

• Like 1

The way I'm reading his comment is that he'd very much like to direct number 4 himself, but as the future is not set, who knows what can happen. But, indeed, as he didn't mention number five specifically, it does sound as if he's not terribly keen to do the fifth one himself. (maybe he's not as satisfied with the script of number five?) Or maybe he's just figuring he'll be too old/exhausted by that point to do two big movies in parallel, so he'll be satisfied with directing just one, 4th one, in parallel with someone else directing number 5.

(don't let it be Rodriguez, though. His Alita was competent overall, alright, but there were definitely parts of it where the director could not care less as to how to stage a shot)

Edited by eridani
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Rumours are that in the full Empire Magazine that is not released yet, Jim has said the first Trailer will be out next month

On 7/4/2022 at 7:04 AM, Gavin Feng said:

I get killed.

I assume hes just saying that so that he doesnt get LOTR'ed when it comes to the oscars

Edited by interiorgatordecorator