Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

On 2/27/2020 at 3:40 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Global recession on its way just in time for the ER to be absolutely on its knees by the end of 2021. All according to plan. 

It's not going to help at all if we're still dealing with Covid-19 issues 20 months from now and people are holed up in their homes. The entire movie industry will be on its knees. 

• Haha 1

Damn... with James Bond getting pushed back to November and more films likely to get pushed back too because of the virus,

suddenly I'm glad this is coming next December instead

James Cameron is most definitely psychic I would say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, Deuce66 said:

It's not going to help at all if we're still dealing with Covid-19 issues 20 months from now and people are holed up in their homes. The entire movie industry will be on its knees. 

Netflix

17 hours ago, Chucky said:

Netflix

More people staying home is good for Netflix/Disney + and other streamers however it doesn't help big budget movies to recover those budgets, I'm pretty sure the content fees are directly tied to box office performance. Avatar and others will be released in theatres, they have to or studios will be racking up huge losses. I suspected that 2020 would be a mediocre year for the box office due to lack of quality releases however no one saw this coming. 

On 3/4/2020 at 8:56 PM, Royce said:

Damn... with James Bond getting pushed back to November and more films likely to get pushed back too because of the virus,

suddenly I'm glad this is coming next December instead

James Cameron is most definitely psychic I would say

March 2022 the US dollar is on its knees. The world cries out as A2 breaks the 10 billion dollar barrier. 

As of today,  I still don't believe this movie will ever be released.  Best case scenario, the coronavirus will push every movie on the schedule by 6 months and James Cameron will use that excuse to push Avatar to 2025.  BEST CASE SCENARIO!

On 3/9/2020 at 10:05 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

BATS: VXX - Thank me later. 

In a sea of red this one of the few bright spots, what is this Barclay's listing exactly? 

Edited by Deuce66

On 3/13/2020 at 2:45 PM, Deuce66 said:

In a sea of red this one of the few bright spots, what is this Barclay's listing exactly? 

It's a measure of market volatility. SQQQ is the other you'll want to watch today - I think today is the big one. My portfolio is up 107% at the moment, I'll cash out when it breaks 200% (which I could see happening today if I'm honest). Then it's all into USD. I'm happy knowing that the Jim theory worked out so far, and sad for all of those that had pensions etc. right now.  

I won't try and play with fire and aim for the bottom of the market, that's not what we're in this game for. ER is the true prize. I think as things stand we're looking good for the best possible scenario for A2 (as though it was ever going to be anything else... It's Jim). 

• Astonished 1